FASHION, HOLIDAYS, Hong Kong, Shopping, Uncategorized HONG KONG: the shopping loot 12 April 2010

Cole Haan ‘Air Bria’ Wedge
Love the slight heel, and the sole is Nike air technology so I can walk for ages in them!

Shopping loot from Hong Kong

So most of the shopping in Hong Kong included makeup and cosmetics shopping, as well as those Cole Haan ‘Air Bria’ Wedge shoes I bought (up yonder in 1st photo). And since a lot of you love beauty reviews….. here ya go 🙂

La Roche Posay Physiological Soothing Toner – I was after a toner that was light, contained NO fragrance and alcohol, and that I could swipe over my face after washing (I like it because it gets the last bit of grime off your skin). This one had loads of stellar reviews online, and I can see why. It’s gentle, does the job, and makes my skin feel pleasant, clean and moist. I use my serums afterwards and they soak in beautifully.

Christian Dior Lip Glow – this is packaged in a lipstick tube and is a soft balm that swipes on my lips easily. It’s thick and creamy but doesn’t feel too heavy on the lips, and isn’t sticky at all (bonus!). Moisturizing and lasts for a decent amount of time, with no scent. Best part? It turns into a pretty pink shade on the lips.. so you’re moisturizing your lips AND looking freshly-kissed at the same time 😛 Downside? It’s exorbitantly priced at over US$30 for the small tube.

Kiehl’s epidermal re-texturizing microdermbrasion – the best physical scrub I’ve tried. The particles are the finest I’ve ever used (try it and you’ll see what I mean) and it really polishes the skin on my face well. I just went through a horrific break-out (10 or so zits merrily adored my face) so this is much needed to smooth my skin and lighten those scars. I rub it in with a few drops of water for a minute or so, and rinse off to really clear, glowy skin.

Kiehl’s fruit oil nourishing conditioner – a sample sachet from the sullen salesperson (seriously, why are so many sales staff in Hong Kong so snotty-faced?) after I forced it out of her. Nice and moisturizing but I wouldn’t purchase because Kieh’s is mad expensive here in China. I still like my Kerastase Oleo masque the best anyway.

Kose Perfect Cleansing Oil – I bought this mini because I wanted a small makeup remover for travel. This one had great reviews and I liked that it had herbal extracts. You massage the oil into your skin and then add water, then splash it all away. Great for removing makeup and doesn’t leave an oily residue at all.

Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation – love the portable size of this GWP! A nice, silky foundation that doesn’t make my skin oily later in the day, and with medium coverage. Not as amazing as my favourite Covermark but it’s still pretty good with a lovely texture.

Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Blush – adorable lil tube that is small, but will last for yonks because the blush is SO pigmented. Rich and creamy, it blends really easily so it can even be used on top of powder foundation. I like how it’s buildable, I use 2 layers to get the blush to last longer, and it actually does a pretty good job of staying put. It lasts til around 4PM for me whereas almost all blushes last until noon on my cheeks.

Givenchy Printed Lips – ADORE THIS!!!! A fat marker pen that you draw onto your lips to colour them in. The colour is better than other lip pen stains, and doesn’t settle into spots as much. It truly does an amazing job of sticking onto the lips, and is perfect for when you’re out and don’t want to keep re-appying lip colour. I use the Christian Dior lip glow ontop to keep my lips moisturized and to give it some shine.

That’s it. Hope the reviews helped you in some way.. well, assuming you’re female and into this sort of thing 😛

And so that was my little beauty loot from Hong Kong. I was pretty proud that I exercised some restraint and didn’t try and buy all the products from all the beauty counters 😉 Was fairly well behaved in my spending habits, if I do say so myself!

Well…. that is……….. except for a leeeeeeeetle something when I popped into the Balenciaga boutique……………………..

What’s in the bag? 😀

• littlemisskeira posted on April 12, 2010 at 10:22 am

Heh.. can’t wait for the B reveal 😛

How is the Kiehl scrub compared to La Mer ? I always thought Khiel products tend to be on the rich and moisturising end – bad for my ouly skin. But this looks good. 😀

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I personally find the La Mer more abrasive.. as in the particles are a bit jagged. The Kiehls is also super scrubby, but really fine. Definitely doesn’t leave skin oily at all… it’s a friggin’ amazing scrub IMHO!

• littlemisskeira posted on April 13, 2010 at 3:21 am

Oh… MUA has really glowing reviews of this too.I am gonna get this next when my La Mer runs out.

Thanks for sharing about this 🙂

• l_i_z posted on April 12, 2010 at 10:35 am

I’ve heard good things about Cole Haan/Nike Air shoes, let me know how they feel! Also, what are the sizes like? As far as I know they aren’t sold here but I’d like to get some if they’re as good as they should be hehe.

I love the Dior Lip Glow, it’s awesome. Might see if I can find the Givenchy, that looks awesome. 🙂

WHAT IS IN THE BAG???

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm

The sizes are totally true to size IMHO. I adore the small heel and it really is bouncier/softer than regular shoes. However, the patent trim bit into the back of my heel which pissed me off. That said, it was the 1st time I wore them and I wore them for 6 hours straight 😉 Once they break in then they don’t bite anymore.. but could be just me cos i have no fat on my feet so they tend to get hurt all the time!

• joannako posted on April 12, 2010 at 11:11 am

SHOW WHATS IN THE BAL BAG!!!

something smallish?

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Tee hee, next post for sure!

• tiffanyx posted on April 12, 2010 at 11:34 am

quick showwwwwwwwwwwwwww 😉

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Hehe I will in the next post, still errrr gotta take pics!

• misawong posted on April 12, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Thanks for putting up this make up review. I’m going to go check out the Dior Lip Glow as I always think that lip gloss is too sticky on me. I really do like MAC’s tinted lip conditioner.

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:23 pm

This one isn’t sticky at ALL, which is fab. It’s similiar to the MAC you like, but a tad creamier..

• thefragrantelf posted on April 12, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Those shoes look great, I love a small heel.

I got both of those Kiehl’s scrubs from eBay a few weeks back after you told me about them in January, both are excellent!

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Ooh the whitening one? Yeah that one is real good too! It’s a bit milder than this one, so better for sensitive skin IMHO

• thefragrantelf posted on April 12, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Ya, that one, got both way cheaper than in Oz!! I like both of them the re-texturising one is indeed fine, reminds me of the micro one that L’Oreal brought out and I love the foaminess of the whitening one!

• cenedrah posted on April 12, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Which colour of the foundation did you get?
    Do you happen to know if they sell them here at Aussie stores? I hope they do!

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Mine’s labelled #112 but on Sephora the closest is “120 Soft Sand”. I’ve seen MUFE selling in AU before 🙂

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:02 pm

I think Balenciaga is just awesome hehe. I was SO CLOSE to getting their lambskin motorcycle jacket (which is so friggin’ hot) but decided not to go *too* crazy… hehe

• crimson_seven posted on April 12, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Ah! You know so much more about make-up and skin care than I do! I wish I lived nearby and I’d pay you to pick out skincare products for me (when I saved up the money, that is!) I have just stuck to Mary Kay >.>

• beverly posted on April 13, 2010 at 2:16 am

It’d be fun to shop together for sure 😛 Funnily enough, I’ve never used Mary kay cos it wasn’t easily available in Australia!

• littlemisskeira posted on April 12, 2010 at 10:22 am

Heh.. can’t wait for the B reveal 😛

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:06 pm

• littlemisskeira posted on April 13, 2010 at 3:21 am

Thanks for sharing about this 🙂

• irene82 posted on April 12, 2010 at 6:27 pm

I have to try that Kiehl’s scrub!

I’ve been using this for a couple of years now.

If you’re familiar with the Clarins one, it’s similar (if not better) for less than half the price! It’s amazing!!

• beverly posted on April 13, 2010 at 2:14 am

it’s a REALLY good scrub.. the texture is completely different to other scrubs I’ve used. That Sally’s one looks good too, would love to hear your opinion on the difference once you try the Kiehl’s!

• l_i_z posted on April 12, 2010 at 10:35 am

WHAT IS IN THE BAG???

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm

• joannako posted on April 12, 2010 at 11:11 am

SHOW WHATS IN THE BAL BAG!!!

something smallish?

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Tee hee, next post for sure!

• tiffanyx posted on April 12, 2010 at 11:34 am

quick showwwwwwwwwwwwwww 😉

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Hehe I will in the next post, still errrr gotta take pics!

• misawong posted on April 12, 2010 at 12:09 pm

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:23 pm

• thefragrantelf posted on April 12, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Those shoes look great, I love a small heel.

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:28 pm

• thefragrantelf posted on April 12, 2010 at 8:47 pm

• cenedrah posted on April 12, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Which colour of the foundation did you get?
    Do you happen to know if they sell them here at Aussie stores? I hope they do!

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 3:01 pm

• beverly posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:02 pm

• starbucksweetie posted on April 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Way to keep us hanging, Bev!

• beverly posted on April 13, 2010 at 2:13 am

Heh its cos I haven’t taken pics of it yet, but I did today so will post it later!

• Anonymous posted on April 13, 2010 at 12:15 am

How much does the shoes cost sweetie,I’m tempted lol ;p and do show the inside of the goodie bag!!! 😀

• beverly posted on April 13, 2010 at 2:04 am

Hmm there’s already a link in my post to the store with the prices… I don’t remember the exact HKD rate I paid though!

• crimson_seven posted on April 12, 2010 at 5:16 pm

• beverly posted on April 13, 2010 at 2:16 am

• irene82 posted on April 12, 2010 at 6:27 pm

I have to try that Kiehl’s scrub!

I’ve been using this for a couple of years now.

• beverly posted on April 13, 2010 at 2:14 am

• bikkle posted on April 13, 2010 at 4:34 am

Do a reveal!~

Argh…the wait to see your Balenciaga is killing me…..

Any clues?

• beverly posted on April 13, 2010 at 5:16 am

Re: Do a reveal!~

well.. it’s something that I can use with every outfit 😛

• starbucksweetie posted on April 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Way to keep us hanging, Bev!

• beverly posted on April 13, 2010 at 2:13 am

• Anonymous posted on April 13, 2010 at 12:15 am

• beverly posted on April 13, 2010 at 2:04 am

• bikkle posted on April 13, 2010 at 4:34 am

Do a reveal!~

Argh…the wait to see your Balenciaga is killing me…..

Any clues?

• beverly posted on April 13, 2010 at 5:16 am

Re: Do a reveal!~

well.. it’s something that I can use with every outfit 😛

• blueeyezz posted on April 13, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Cole Haan Air shoes are absolutely AMAZING! My feet get so cranky in heels, but not in the Air ones!

• beverly posted on April 14, 2010 at 12:41 am

I wish they sold here so I can buy more! hard to buy online cos i dunno if it’ll fit properly :S

• blueeyezz posted on April 13, 2010 at 11:04 pm