HOLIDAYS, Living in... Australia, Uncategorized SYDNEY: wandering around the beaches 20 January 2010

We went for a drive by the beach, since it was a lovely day out and we wanted to chill. We went to check out the famous “blow hole” but, bizzarely, it was dry! It’s supposed to spew water whenever the water comes in but I guess we were there at the wrong time of the day since it was all bone dry 😛 But we had fun wandering around on the rocks and enjoying the sunshine. I never used to appreciate stuff like this, but now I really and truly do. It’s simply not possible to do anything remotely similiar in Shanghai, so we crave the outdoors whenever we’re in China.

Yet another gorgeous day in Sydney

Viewing area above the “blow hole” which was completely dry..

Walking over the rocks

Dad chills out

Mmm…. love the ocean…

I like this photo, it captures that middle seagull just as it was landing

Stopping by a petrol station, where Chris decided to clean the windows 😛

“GIMMIE MONEY!!!”

Deep-fried chocolate in caramel sauce, which I had for dessert when I took some colleagues
out for lunch at Baroque restaurant at The Rocks. I LOVED THIS!!!!

• rollagirl9 posted on January 20, 2010 at 8:15 am

It was dry when my parents went this Xmas too.

• beverly posted on January 20, 2010 at 8:32 am

I think the whole thing’s dried up now, maybe?!

• rollagirl9 posted on January 20, 2010 at 8:44 am

Maybe just in summer it doesn’t blow?

• somnistra posted on January 20, 2010 at 8:25 am

LOL at the “Gimme money!!”.. I definitely don’t miss that from Sydney!

• beverly posted on January 20, 2010 at 8:34 am

He did it well, bwahahhaa!

• Anonymous posted on January 20, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Invitation

Hi Beverly,

Regina here, for ExpatWomen.com.

I would like to personally invite you to list your blog on our Expat Women Blog Directory (www.expatwomen.com/expatblog/) so that other women can read about and learn from your expat experiences.

Many thanks in advance for your contribution and keep up your great blog!

Regina

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 5:43 am

Re: Invitation

I tried to sign up but the form wants me to show where I’ve placed a link back, which i dont. If you want to add it just pop it in the list, it’s fine with me 🙂

• angelnotes posted on January 20, 2010 at 2:39 pm

The pictures are postcard-perfect! Such blue skies…

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 6:15 am

Untouched too, it was really that colour saturated in real life, hehe

• liverella posted on January 20, 2010 at 3:28 pm

I spied a gorgeous tan sling bag there! Is that new sweetie? So casual yet I love it!

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 6:16 am

Ooooh you’re sharp! I’m gonna make a post about it soon 😛

• rollagirl9 posted on January 20, 2010 at 8:15 am

It was dry when my parents went this Xmas too.

• beverly posted on January 20, 2010 at 8:32 am

I think the whole thing’s dried up now, maybe?!

• rollagirl9 posted on January 20, 2010 at 8:44 am

Maybe just in summer it doesn’t blow?

• somnistra posted on January 20, 2010 at 8:25 am

LOL at the “Gimme money!!”.. I definitely don’t miss that from Sydney!

• beverly posted on January 20, 2010 at 8:34 am

He did it well, bwahahhaa!

• Anonymous posted on January 20, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Invitation

Hi Beverly,

Regina here, for ExpatWomen.com.

Many thanks in advance for your contribution and keep up your great blog!

Regina

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 5:43 am

Re: Invitation

• angelnotes posted on January 20, 2010 at 2:39 pm

The pictures are postcard-perfect! Such blue skies…

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 6:15 am

Untouched too, it was really that colour saturated in real life, hehe

• liverella posted on January 20, 2010 at 3:28 pm

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 6:16 am

Ooooh you’re sharp! I’m gonna make a post about it soon 😛

• starbucksweetie posted on January 21, 2010 at 2:16 am

Haha, Chris is funny. I chuckled at his pic. Love the last photo. So yummy.

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 6:33 am

lol he was hilarious

• starbucksweetie posted on January 21, 2010 at 2:16 am

Haha, Chris is funny. I chuckled at his pic. Love the last photo. So yummy.

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 6:33 am