FASHION, Uncategorized ROOTS VILLAGE BAG IN VINTAGE TRIBE LEATHER 23 January 2010

I first saw the Roots Village Bag in Vintage Tribe Leather on one of the Jonas brothers.. no idea which one ‘cos I don’t like them (or rather, have never heard any of their songs). It was a photo of him carrying it, and it was meant to be a man bag, but ooooooh I loved it!

It’s the antithesis of a feminine cutesy bag. It’s completely understated, functional, and the raw leather is just divine. It smells utterly incredible, so rich and leathery! I especially like how it can be work on the shoulder, or across the body. The leather wears well and gets really soft and moulded with age, and it’s a fab casual daytime bag. This will make a great bag for travelling – you’ll see it crop up in quite a few of my recent Australia posts, in fact 🙂 Especially good when I want a cheaper bag to traipse around in… no more going caving carrying around my Balenciaga bags anymore, I promise 😛

One of the Jonas brothers wearing it –
too many of ’em so I don’t know which one!

• tiffanyx posted on January 22, 2010 at 4:42 pm

i agree with ya, hunz — its a good travelling bag! perfect size too!

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:14 am

And it smells goooooood , OMG that’s the best bit 😛

• tiffanyx posted on January 23, 2010 at 1:41 pm

haha you are a leather smell addict!!

• liverella posted on January 22, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Finally!!! 😀 man,it looks even better up close! Is there other design and where can I lay my grubby,eager hands on them dear ? I am sooo needing a tan slouchy bag now ;p

• liverella posted on January 23, 2010 at 1:28 am

oops ignore me… I was blind abt the site link ;p

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:15 am

Heh no worries, i totally recommend it, it feels and smells amazing, and reasonably priced!

• rollagirl9 posted on January 22, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Huh, I see you ended up getting the camo hat too! Nice 🙂

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:20 am

That was my totally random purchase, lol, but tis cute!

• islegrl posted on January 23, 2010 at 12:15 am

Cute bag! ^____^

It’s funny how you referred to it as a *man bag*. We call them *murses* here [man + purse]. Hehe… 😛

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:20 am

Murses, lol!!!! I’ve never heard that one, hehe

• Anonymous posted on January 23, 2010 at 12:21 am

really enjoy reading your blog, I love this bag I bought one in black. It’s great for travel, looking at the pictures I wish I’d bought the brown one : )

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:36 am

Ooo nice, great minds think alike, heh! The black one is awesome too 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on January 22, 2010 at 4:42 pm

i agree with ya, hunz — its a good travelling bag! perfect size too!

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:14 am

And it smells goooooood , OMG that’s the best bit 😛

• tiffanyx posted on January 23, 2010 at 1:41 pm

haha you are a leather smell addict!!

• oh_ayana posted on January 23, 2010 at 1:06 am

It’s cute!!

haha it’s so funny you spotted it on two of the Jonas brothers… what were you doing looking at photos of them anyways?

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 1:42 am

I have a secret crush on the little one *eyewiggle*

hahahha nah, i was reading the ONTD community on LJ and saw that pic!

• angelnotes posted on January 23, 2010 at 1:41 am

It looks great on you! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:38 am

Thanks hon! I like it , great for travelling 🙂

• liverella posted on January 22, 2010 at 6:22 pm

• liverella posted on January 23, 2010 at 1:28 am

oops ignore me… I was blind abt the site link ;p

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:15 am

• rollagirl9 posted on January 22, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Huh, I see you ended up getting the camo hat too! Nice 🙂

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:20 am

That was my totally random purchase, lol, but tis cute!

• starbucksweetie posted on January 23, 2010 at 6:15 am

Great bag!

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 9:33 am

Thanks, I’m pleased with it, will be great for our holidass this year!

• islegrl posted on January 23, 2010 at 12:15 am

Cute bag! ^____^

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:20 am

Murses, lol!!!! I’ve never heard that one, hehe

• Anonymous posted on January 23, 2010 at 12:21 am

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:36 am

Ooo nice, great minds think alike, heh! The black one is awesome too 🙂

• aqualuna posted on January 23, 2010 at 8:42 am

Nice bag, and the price is not bad at all!
    You make me wanna get one myself 😀

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 9:36 am

Hee, totally recommended.. it’s a great basic bag for casual use and love the multiple pockets everywhere!

• oh_ayana posted on January 23, 2010 at 1:06 am

It’s cute!!

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 1:42 am

I have a secret crush on the little one *eyewiggle*

hahahha nah, i was reading the ONTD community on LJ and saw that pic!

• angelnotes posted on January 23, 2010 at 1:41 am

It looks great on you! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 2:38 am

Thanks hon! I like it , great for travelling 🙂

• l_i_z posted on January 23, 2010 at 11:54 am

That’s really nice! It looks great on you, too 🙂

• beverly posted on January 24, 2010 at 1:38 am

Whee thanks!I’m lovin it 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on January 23, 2010 at 6:15 am

Great bag!

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 9:33 am

Thanks, I’m pleased with it, will be great for our holidass this year!

• aqualuna posted on January 23, 2010 at 8:42 am

Nice bag, and the price is not bad at all!
    You make me wanna get one myself 😀

• beverly posted on January 23, 2010 at 9:36 am

• alyria posted on January 23, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Your backstory to this is hilarious! All because of a Jonas brother – you see, they really DO affect everyone in the world. 😉

Very cute bag, practical, AND looks great on you! What more could you ask for?

I wouldn’t have paired it with that cute sundress in the first picture, but that is just my opinion! I love it in the second pic and I bet leaving your hands free was very key in your adventure!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2010 at 1:39 am

Yeah, and I don’t even know WHO they are, lol!! But the bag looked nice on em 😉

I was travelling in Sydney then, and when I travel, I don’t bring along my entire bag collection to match every outfit I bring 😉

• l_i_z posted on January 23, 2010 at 11:54 am

That’s really nice! It looks great on you, too 🙂

• beverly posted on January 24, 2010 at 1:38 am

Whee thanks!I’m lovin it 🙂

• alyria posted on January 23, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Very cute bag, practical, AND looks great on you! What more could you ask for?

• beverly posted on January 24, 2010 at 1:39 am

Yeah, and I don’t even know WHO they are, lol!! But the bag looked nice on em 😉

• cenedrah posted on January 25, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Ohh I love it! Looks great on you. I need a bag like that; and actually, I prefer these simple leather bags to the cutesy sort. Simplicity is much better than those bags with gaudy prints.

• beverly posted on January 26, 2010 at 2:30 am

I vary between liking super simple man bags, and really cute girly ones! This is great for travel tho 🙂

• cenedrah posted on January 25, 2010 at 2:56 pm