Is anyone still out there? 😛
2 weeks later, and we’re back from our trip to Australia.
It was a whirlwind of a trip though – hence why I had zero time to blog. I had to work (urgh) every single night, despite technically being on annual leave/holiday. And during the day, it was a total blitz of:
1) Shopping – gotta buy anything and everything I couldn’t get my hands on whilst in China. I hardly shop in actual stores in China, the styles don’t appeal to me.
2) Eating – we had a VERY jammed itinerary that documented every meal, so we could ensure we went to all our fave places that we miss so much.
3) Celebrating Dad’s 60th birthday – right smack on New Years Eve too! HELLOOOOO Tetsuya’s.
4) Catching up with friends – both in small groups and big groups. It was wonderful to see all my partners-in-crime again! I miss ’em all terribly. Made me so happy to see them 🙂
5) Hitting the beaches – well duh, we’re in Sydney! Oh glorious sand and sun.
6) Alec & Christine’s wedding – last but not least, our dear friends’ wedding. Of which I was a (fairly disastrous) emcee AND wedding coordinator – more about that in a later post.
And so I have about a billion (give or take a few) photos to trawl through, thus here are a few random highlights that excited the socks off me during our first few days in Australia….
At Manly Beach’s pedestrian mall – I love this place.
MAGAZINES IN ENGLISH!!! OH THE LUXURY!!!!!
Straight to one of my fave stores – Peter Alexander
Some of my fave brands having a shopping-bag-orgy together
More purchases! Oh shopping – how much I’ve missed you.
And yet another round of shopping 😛
Look what I found in the train station!
McDonalds “Angus Beef” burger – been dying to try this. It was AMAZING.
Let me also tell ya – I fell into depression at the airport when we had to leave Australia back to China 🙁 I miss it so much it makes my insides feel all funny when I stop and think about it. Yet, Australia is part of our past now. We will not return for many, many, many years. And for all its maddening antics, I do like China and it has a great number of benefits over Australia. And so for now, life is all about looking forward and (trying hard to) not look backwards.
Anyway, onward ho with the rest of the Australia posts… coming right up!