Uncategorized, Wedding WEDDING – the pre-shoot 18 December 2009

Yeah… I know I’m extraordinarily late with our wedding photos.

We only just got ’em back from the photographer, d’oh! It also took us ages to select the ones we wanted.. as we had to choose 300 out of about 3,000 (!!) shots. Madness 😛 But we finally got ’em back so I will start posting them all and blogging that one very special day in our lives 🙂

For now, here’s the Pre-wedding shoot photos. All taken in Shanghai… in the SWELTERING HEAT OF SUMMER. I can’t even describe how hot hot hot it was!!! If you thought Singapore was hot and humid, it ain’t got nothing on Shanghai. It was so hot we were soaking through our clothes.. my hair was limp and wet and makeup had all melted off my face.

Was pretty amusing as we were actually angry and hot and bothered through the whole shoot, and scowling away. Then the photographer would go “SMILE!” and we’d have to grin accordingly. We were convinced the photos would show us all flustered and sweaty and disgruntled.. but surprisingly we look really cool and calm in them. Photos are deceiving 😉

But I’m happy with how they turned out. I like all the scenery and really loved how we captured parts of Shanghai in it. We made it all into a photo album since it makes for great memories – both to remember our pre-wedding photoshoot and also to remember our time in Shanghai 🙂

Strolling in Yu Yuan garden

On a typically busy Shanghai street

A scary looking lion

At the famous zigzag bridge (there’s some significance that zigzag
is better than straight bridges, for some reason..)

Looking very happy 🙂

Checking out fish in the pond. I’m hanging onto my fan for dear life
cos it was sooooo hot!

Bliss 🙂

Chris picked the design/fabric of the dress, a traditional Chinese qipao. Like it? 🙂

My #1 favourite shot. Looks like an ad for Starbucks, haha! It was candid,
the photographer was actually outside the cafe, snapping us inside.

Wandering around outside

In XinTianDi

Such a model-y shot, haha

We randomly sat down at one of the cafe’s tables 😉

In the park directly outside our apartment

Swept right off my feet!

We look so cool and comfortable. We weren’t. We were sweaty and angry!

IT’S FUZZY TIME!!!!!

RAWR

Action shot (though Chris had to hold ’em still)

A family photo 🙂

• rollagirl9 posted on December 18, 2009 at 1:55 am

Beautiful pics. I love the ones with the ferrets.

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 4:48 am

Hehe yours and our family pics are so cute! you should display yours at your wedding too:)

• rollagirl9 posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:11 am

I’m hoping to – just need to get them printed in time!

• irene82 posted on December 18, 2009 at 2:01 am

I LOVE all these pictures! I recently did my friend’s hair and makeup for her pre-nup pictures and I must say, it’s extremely tiring – and after the hair and makeup, I was just chilling! Being “models” for a day is a hard job!!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 4:48 am

Yeah it was WAY tough.. we were exhausted by the end of it, not to mention it was so sweltering hot we sweated through our clothes.. it was gross , haha

• jasmine_z posted on December 18, 2009 at 2:05 am

Really lovely and sweet pictures 🙂 The dresses, particularly the qipao, are really gorgeous!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:51 am

Thanks hon – got the qipao made in Shanghai! 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on December 18, 2009 at 2:29 am

Fab photos!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:53 am

Thanks 🙂

• joejunior posted on December 18, 2009 at 2:44 am

i like the one at the cafe ans the model-y one! thanks for sharing the photos 🙂

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:56 am

Aww thank ya! The Starbucks one is def my fave 😛

• exhileration posted on December 18, 2009 at 3:11 am

Love love LOVE your photos. You both look fab! I think I visited the place where you took the photos with the fish! Can’t wait to see the wedding day photos!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:06 am

Pretty sure you would’ve visited, cos it’s “the” place to visit! very pretty scenery 🙂

• ameelia posted on December 18, 2009 at 3:29 am

lovely pics! you look really great in all of them. chris also not bad lah. haha… he’s gonna scold me for that!
    you should approach starbucks and sell the pic to them 🙂

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:12 am

Aww thanks, have to say though, I think Chris is SUPERHOT in em, bwahaha!

• madmoneymonkey posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:50 am

Hmmmmmm. Are you sure bout that? LOL!!

• cenedrah posted on December 18, 2009 at 4:16 am

Wow gorgeous! Really nice shots and I agree, the qipao is so beautiful! You also got a fab little figure in it! 😀

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:15 am

hehe thanks! it was custom made here so hence why it looks like it fits so well 😛

• wwenzz posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:07 am

I really love your qipao alot.

Did you blow up the photos to hang in ur house? Cos they look so lovely!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:16 am

We sooo should but ummm haven’t gotten round to it yet :S

• princesszhing posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:34 am

oh pretty pretty! both of you are so photogenic!! i can’t wait to see your wedding pictures!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:54 am

Aww you are really nice -thank you! I have to resize all the wedding pics.. taking yonks, arghh!

• specialagentldy posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:27 am

These are beautiful photos. You guys look great.

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:04 am

Oh thank you hon! 🙂

• aqualuna posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:51 am

Gorgeous couple, gorgeous photos 🙂

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:34 am

Thanks! The pics turned out quite well, so its funny thinking back how hot and angry we were at that time 😉

• missustay posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:06 am

lovely pictures! especially like the ones taken at the park.

was in shanghai last year during summer. it was so hot i felt like losing my temper all the time!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:12 am

The park pics are so nice and colourful but OMG it was hot hot hot in the sun! :S

• aureline_serene posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:50 am

Your dresses are gorgeous. Impeccable fashion sense. My favorite pic is “Swept right off my feet” 🙂

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:13 am

Oh thank you, that’s really nice of you 🙂
      Heh that pic was not as breezy as it looks, we had to ‘hold that pose’ until my thighs and neck were sore 😉

• sw4y posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:55 am

These photo’s are gorgeous!!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:13 am

Thanks 🙂

• vixette7 posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:06 am

your qipao is v pretty and the pics with the furries are so cute!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:25 am

They were sooo hard to grab a hold off for the pics tho! they got excited being in teh park and went crazy running everywhere 😉

• distractedfish posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:16 am

Great photos! You look amazing!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:25 am

Thanks! It was unbearably HOT but worth it now that we have the pics 🙂

• good_lenchik posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:46 am

Ahhhh… complete sweetness! Can’t wait to see W-day photos!!!!

• beverly posted on December 19, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Argh so many to go through! And it was madness cutting down 3,000 to 300… good grief..

• rollagirl9 posted on December 18, 2009 at 1:55 am

Beautiful pics. I love the ones with the ferrets.

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 4:48 am

• rollagirl9 posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:11 am

I’m hoping to – just need to get them printed in time!

• irene82 posted on December 18, 2009 at 2:01 am

Aww thank ya! The Starbucks one is def my fave 😛

• exhileration posted on December 18, 2009 at 3:11 am

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:06 am

• ameelia posted on December 18, 2009 at 3:29 am

you should approach starbucks and sell the pic to them 🙂

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:12 am

Aww thanks, have to say though, I think Chris is SUPERHOT in em, bwahaha!

• madmoneymonkey posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:50 am

Hmmmmmm. Are you sure bout that? LOL!!

• cenedrah posted on December 18, 2009 at 4:16 am

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:15 am

• finding_tricia posted on December 18, 2009 at 12:59 pm

in the park photos are the best i feel! nice 🙂

• beverly posted on December 19, 2009 at 12:27 pm

They’re the most natural ones for sure.. plus our fuzzies were there, yayyy

• wwenzz posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:07 am

I really love your qipao alot.

Did you blow up the photos to hang in ur house? Cos they look so lovely!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:16 am

We sooo should but ummm haven’t gotten round to it yet :S

• princesszhing posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:34 am

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:54 am

• specialagentldy posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:27 am

These are beautiful photos. You guys look great.

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:04 am

Oh thank you hon! 🙂

• aqualuna posted on December 18, 2009 at 6:51 am

Gorgeous couple, gorgeous photos 🙂

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:34 am

• missustay posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:06 am

lovely pictures! especially like the ones taken at the park.

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:12 am

• aureline_serene posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:50 am

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:13 am

Oh thank you, that’s really nice of you 🙂

• sw4y posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:55 am

These photo’s are gorgeous!!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:13 am

Thanks 🙂

• vixette7 posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:06 am

your qipao is v pretty and the pics with the furries are so cute!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:25 am

• distractedfish posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:16 am

Great photos! You look amazing!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:25 am

Thanks! It was unbearably HOT but worth it now that we have the pics 🙂

• good_lenchik posted on December 18, 2009 at 8:46 am

Ahhhh… complete sweetness! Can’t wait to see W-day photos!!!!

• beverly posted on December 19, 2009 at 12:26 pm

• opalline posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Did you find that 300 photos were enough? I’m meeting with photographers now and one of them lets me choose 400, but compared with other photographers who give you all the photos, 400 feels like too little.

• beverly posted on December 19, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Yes WAAAYYYYY more than enough! At first I thought we would need heaps more, but at the end of it, we didn’t actually choose enough, and had to add in a few to make the 300.

• jesuisariel posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:26 pm

Fantastic photos! I love the white dress you had on in the last couple of pics 🙂 The qipao is awesome too!

• beverly posted on December 19, 2009 at 12:29 pm

That was actually just a casual dress I picked up for cheap in Singapore, but I like how summery it is!

• liverella posted on December 18, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Those pics are really great! I love your sexy hot pins and the shoes ;p manz, sexyyyyyy lol…. at least u dun hv to pose ard in crazy thick wedding dresses lol

• beverly posted on December 19, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Hee thank you hon 🙂
      Ohh we did post in our wedding clothes – on our wedding day! It was exhausting too, hah

• sydneyfoodie posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:41 pm

THanks hon 🙂

• moxielass posted on December 19, 2009 at 2:39 am

love the photos! yr poses were quite impeccable too. 😉

• beverly posted on December 19, 2009 at 12:50 pm

All thanks to the photographer posing us well 😉

• alyria posted on December 20, 2009 at 6:25 am

These are lovely. You could never tell you were feeling how you described above! Thanks for sharing! I think my favourite shot is the last one.

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 12:01 pm

YeH I was surprised that we looked pretty calm in them, haha!

• alyria posted on December 20, 2009 at 6:25 am

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 12:01 pm

YeH I was surprised that we looked pretty calm in them, haha!