Uncategorized, Wedding WEDDING: part 1 – the early morning 20 December 2009

People say “My wedding was the best day in my life” and I never thought much of it.. just something that people kind of have to say, right? Well, turns out I’m just like everyone else after all – it really was the BEST day in my entire life!!! It actually astounded me how perfect it was and how much we loved it… and how satisfying and happy it was to see our friends and family enjoy themselves too.

The night before, however, and we were all in a total PANIC.

Actually, that word doesn’t even begin to sum up what it was like at home! I was madly finishing off the Church ceremony order-of-service sheets, which were only confirmed that night. Then began the crazy task of printing 150+ copies out…. ALL ON OUR TINY HOME PRINTER. Oh, and we had to do it double the number of times, since after printing all on one side, we had to do the next side. Did I also mention that the printer takes about 2 mins to print each page? Arghhh!!

So at around 11:00PM, Dad packed me off to bed whilst he continued overseeing the printing activities (so sweet!). Except for one small problem – hearing Mum and Dad rushing around outside made it impossible to fall asleep, it just made me more and more nervous!!

And then, the worst sound: *bonk*… *kerchrrrr*….

I lay in bed, listening to that sound repeat every minute or so, KNOWING that something was wrong outside but feeling far too scared to venture out and ask. Finally, at 2:00AM, I yelled out “Muuuuuum!!! I can’t sleep!!! *WAIL*” (it was awesome to be able to do that btw, as I’ve lived away from my parents for >10 years now) and Mum came in and gave me 2 Panadols, and I finally fell asleep. I think they also went to bed shortly afterwards.

In the wee hours of the morning *yawn*

The yard (where everyone gathered later for the arrival of the groom)

Pretty flowers at the front door

A portrait of us, from the pre-wedding shoot

Our pre-wedding shoot album (above) and our wedding guestbook

The alarm clock went off at a mind-numbing time of 5:30AM. Staggered outside and saw my parents awake, and Dad fully dressed and showered. Did he even sleep at all?!?! All the last minute stuff had to be organised, before the makeup artist arrived at 6:45AM. He was amazing and I watched myself transform from a grouchy, sleepy ugly monster… into a blushing bride. Oh the wonders of makeup!! 🙂

Makeup-less and getting my hair done

Time to put on my ‘face’ 😉

My wedding shoes, awaiting me…

Little tidbits for the guests as they arrive into the house

A happy shot of Chris’ mum

I wonder with Mum and Dad were thinking here, possibly
“Oh man, this is gonna be one CRAZY day. Bring it on!” *lol*

By then, the guests were all arriving and by 8:00AM, everyone was in the house. *CLANG* went the gates as they were shut.

Why?

For possibly the most fun part of the wedding……. 😉

• tiffanyx posted on December 20, 2009 at 3:40 am

your parents look amazing despite sleeping for like 2-3 hours?!?!?!?!

someone’s indeed a blushing bride! i feel like a proud mama watching you getting married, bev! 😉

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 4:27 am

Yeah we were all running on a few hrs sleep… man it was painful, lol!

• tiffanyx posted on December 20, 2009 at 4:40 am

once in a lifetime experience! 😉

they must be too excited to sleep!

• missustay posted on December 20, 2009 at 3:51 am

ooh, your garden looks really nice!

can’t wait to read about the “most fun part” of the wedding. 😉

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 4:34 am

yeah, I’m still blogging it lol! Oh we used my cousin’s house cos ours is being rented out at the moment and we can’t gatecrash it, hahah

• starbucksweetie posted on December 20, 2009 at 4:03 am

Pretty photos 🙂

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 4:35 am

Thanks hon:)

• good_lenchik posted on December 20, 2009 at 5:45 am

Amazing! So do you say it was the BEST day indeed? I always thought that guests enjoying more than bride and groom, cause they don’t have to worry about everything around.

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 11:36 am

Yeah it really was.. we were lucky cos we had parents and relatives and friends that did all the planning as well as the actual day coordination, so we didn’t have to worry about anything!

• thefragrantelf posted on December 20, 2009 at 8:06 am

So glad it all came together after the hectic night before. Those photos are beautiful, and ya, it was a crazy good morning!

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 11:46 am

Yeah it was kinda batshit insane the night before, so my only regret is that I didn’t get much sleep!

• hartziggity posted on December 20, 2009 at 9:46 am

Congratulations to you and Chris on tying the knot! I remember when I first started reading your journal, one of the first posts I saw was about a fight you’d had with him that had left you very upset and unsure about your future together. Glad to see you two have weathered the storms and stayed together after all! Have a wonderful Christmas, and best wishes for your first year as husband and wife!

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Yeah we’ve come so far.. it’s been 10 years after all but fortunately only about 2-3 downs and the rest are all ups, heh!!

• blairwitch posted on December 20, 2009 at 11:32 am

You really picked a fantastic wedding photographer!!

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Thanks hon! I really like how the pics turned out too 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on December 20, 2009 at 3:40 am

your parents look amazing despite sleeping for like 2-3 hours?!?!?!?!

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 4:27 am

Yeah we were all running on a few hrs sleep… man it was painful, lol!

• tiffanyx posted on December 20, 2009 at 4:40 am

once in a lifetime experience! 😉

they must be too excited to sleep!

• missustay posted on December 20, 2009 at 3:51 am

ooh, your garden looks really nice!

can’t wait to read about the “most fun part” of the wedding. 😉

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 4:34 am

• starbucksweetie posted on December 20, 2009 at 4:03 am

Pretty photos 🙂

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 4:35 am

Thanks hon:)

• good_lenchik posted on December 20, 2009 at 5:45 am

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 11:36 am

• thefragrantelf posted on December 20, 2009 at 8:06 am

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 11:46 am

• hartziggity posted on December 20, 2009 at 9:46 am

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 12:01 pm

• blairwitch posted on December 20, 2009 at 11:32 am

You really picked a fantastic wedding photographer!!

• beverly posted on December 20, 2009 at 12:01 pm