Uncategorized, Wedding WEDDING: behind the scenes 27 December 2009

These are some “behind the scenes” photos 😛 About 2 days before the wedding.. when it was the MAD DASH for the final dress fitting (usually this takes place over the course of around 6 months, but because we don’t live there, I didn’t have that luxury). And so I was warned over and over again not to gain weight. Did I succeed? Well, let’s just say I was the fattest I have ever been in my life on my wedding day. Yeah, in 27 years, I was my heaviest weight ever, right SMACK on my wedding day. I was actually quite upset and self-conscious about it, because I was sad that I wouldn’t be that ultra-thin bride that every girl is on her wedding day 🙁

FAIL!

But, I’m not too stressed about it now, since after all, I still walked down the aisle and Chris still married me 😛 Besides, now that I’ve seen the pics, I reckon both my dresses looked better with curves. Anyway, that’s my story and I’m sticking with it!! 😛

So this is what both my dresses looked like, “in the works”. You’ll see pins here and there whilst they nipped and tucked it in so it fit me like a glove. It was a really nice (and surreal) feeling designing my wedding gown and trying it on. It felt… amazing.. when I first put it on. That moment of sheer wonder when you look at yourself in the mirror and see your body swathed in the divine fabric.

And most of all, the utter DELIGHT of what was going to take place in just a few days time 🙂

Hair trial (didn’t like this one)

Me and Mum

Chris and his parents. LOL at his dad!

Wedding gown fitting (without the Swarvoski crystals yet)

Back view

The bride to be 🙂

Yeah those are pins all over the bustline. The swarovski crystals weren’t sewn on yet..

And this is later on, when the Swarovski crystals were on

Dad looking v cute 😛

Red gown fitting

• starbucksweetie posted on December 27, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Pretty pics.

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 7:19 am

Thanks hon

• drshree posted on December 27, 2009 at 3:05 pm

your story’s right! I don’t think it would have looked this good if you were thinner actually…curves are nice 😉

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 7:37 am

Aww thanks. Yeah, i don’t regret it now.. well, not really!

• alyria posted on December 27, 2009 at 8:23 pm

You are such a tiny girl that any thinner and you would’ve looked TOO thin, I think! You looked absolutely perfect on your wedding day and the dresses fit you beautifully! Since you weren’t in town for the fittings, does that mean you really only had 1 or 2 in total before the wedding day??

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 7:50 am

Thanks 🙂 In the end the day turned out wonderful, so I don’t care anymore, heh!

Yeah i had 1 fitting, and then the final try-on the day before the wedding – scary huh..

• sw4y posted on December 27, 2009 at 10:03 pm

ugh Similar thing happened to me on my wedding day, although once I zipped up my dress I refused to think of it again… as long as I got my dress on!
    I love that red dress! Do you ever think you will wear it again? (i.e for a ball or something?)

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 10:58 am

Haha those things are crazy, i couldn’t even pee in my red gown!
      I wanna wear it again.. maybe on our 1st year anniversary to somewhere super fancy 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on December 27, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Pretty pics.

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 7:19 am

Thanks hon

• drshree posted on December 27, 2009 at 3:05 pm

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 7:37 am

Aww thanks. Yeah, i don’t regret it now.. well, not really!

• sintart posted on December 28, 2009 at 4:19 am

Think of it this way – to generalise, a lot of brides lose weight as they’re all stressed & worried, you’re lucky to be surrounded by loving families & friends and the most important thing is that you’re HAPPY 🙂 You look gorgeous with curves and it shows on the gowns!
    Out of curiosity – where did you get that beautiful crystal headband? I love it!

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 10:59 am

I guess that’s a great way of thinking about it! 🙂

I got it from a French boutique in Shanghai.. It was freakin’ $$$$$ but in some other pics, you’ll see me wearing a swarovski crystal crown – that was about 1/10 the price but looked just as good imho 😛

• alyria posted on December 27, 2009 at 8:23 pm

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 7:50 am

Thanks 🙂 In the end the day turned out wonderful, so I don’t care anymore, heh!

• sw4y posted on December 27, 2009 at 10:03 pm

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 10:58 am

Haha those things are crazy, i couldn’t even pee in my red gown!

• oh_ayana posted on December 28, 2009 at 8:34 am

Don’t worry Beverly, you look absolutely stunning!

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 10:59 am

Aww thanks 🙂 Now that it’s all over, i am fine. but leading up to the day, i really was quite upset. Funny how it all gets put into perspective eventually!

• sintart posted on December 28, 2009 at 4:19 am

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 10:59 am

I guess that’s a great way of thinking about it! 🙂

• oh_ayana posted on December 28, 2009 at 8:34 am

Don’t worry Beverly, you look absolutely stunning!

• beverly posted on December 28, 2009 at 10:59 am