Meme quizzes, Uncategorized ME, MYSELF & I 9 December 2009

This is me.

Now, if you know me in real life, it’ll be very apparent to you I don’t actually look like this. Heh. Just wanted to be clear, because I find it annoying when people touch-up their photos to death and hope that people are convinced that they look the same in real life.

For 80% of my photos, which are random pics of places or events, or faraway shots of people and I, I’ll:
1) Resize smaller (as they’re massive when they come off my camera)

Um… that’s it 😛 I don’t alter the majority of my photos because 1) I’m too lazy and 2) my camera (Panasonic Lumix LX3) is awesome and I don’t feel the need to touchup.

BUT, for 20% of my photos, I digitally alter. These fall into two categories – either they’re too dark (eg. my food photography in dim restaurants), or they’re big close-ups of my face. Let’s face it, close-ups of your face are never flattering… all the imperfections are blown up and, frankly, bloody scary to look at.

So this is what I do:
1) Resize smaller (again, ‘cos they’re otherwise massive). My favourite width is 500 pixels.
2) Lighten and brighten. This is my single and BEST way to look better. Works for dim restaurant photography, and works amazingly for close-ups of my face. When I brighten the whole image, my skin looks nicer and my eyes look brighter.
3) Colour saturate. I like it because it makes the food look juicier and more attractive, and well, same for my face.

That’s it! Pretty easy, right? I don’t do other major photo-alterations because they take up so much time and I’m not very good at it. Once, I tried to ‘blur’ Chris’ freckles out and he got angry that I “de-freckled” him so I haven’t done it since – teehee! Actually, I didn’t even touch his freckles, I simply lightened the whole photo so they just disappeared! ROFL.

Anyway, this is the result of the 3-step approach above:

• Anonymous posted on December 9, 2009 at 10:52 am

do you have a sister ? lol

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Ohhh I wish, unfortunately no – the regular sort or the photoshopped variety 😛

• alyria posted on December 9, 2009 at 12:00 pm

And now for the question I know many are going to ask… how is your skin so poreless and airbrushed-looking without Photoshop?! Are you naturally blessed with flawless skin? I know you have a line of skincare products you use religiously… any other routines? Supplements you take, maybe?

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:38 pm

OK so my skin isn’t particularly superbad, it’s just normal. But the nice-looking skin in the pics above is largely thanks of that point “2) Lighten and brighten” above 😛

But yeah, I love Rationale skincare, a cosmoceutical. And I do microdermabrasion once every month for upkeep – that helps AMAZINGLY for smooth small-pored skin!

• tiffanyx posted on December 9, 2009 at 12:06 pm

SO PINCHABLE!!

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:42 pm

HEe thanks hon

• Anonymous posted on December 9, 2009 at 12:56 pm

sexy

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:43 pm

That’s not even possible , i was totally going for that sweet look 😛

• preciouslaura posted on December 10, 2009 at 12:45 am

hahahahha creeper.

• good_lenchik posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Prettylissimo! My fav is 3rd from the bottom. Super cute!

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Aww thanks hon! Good to see you tonight, albeit for 5 mins 😉 Have a fab trip – let’s go out when you get back, double date!

• samantha_evons posted on December 9, 2009 at 3:37 pm

i like the first one the best!!!!!!!

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 12:01 am

I like that one too 🙂 A bit sad, but I think I look better with my eyes shut, haha!

• mizzalaneous posted on December 9, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Flawlessly gorgeous! And your necklace is very cute! Question, do you do anything to upkeep smooth healthy-looking lips?

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 12:02 am

Thank you hon! The necklace is by Cath Kidson , I bought it whilst on the plane (duty free) hehe

Mmm I use lipbalm – Lucas Papaw Ointment is what I’ve been using for YEARS 🙂

• Anonymous posted on December 9, 2009 at 10:52 am

do you have a sister ? lol

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Ohhh I wish, unfortunately no – the regular sort or the photoshopped variety 😛

• finding_tricia posted on December 9, 2009 at 7:19 pm

the first plc is like BLISSED OUT look! im worse, i dont photoshop or edit anything at all, laziness to the max!

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 12:04 am

Hehe I”m with you, sometimes i get SO sick of it all I will do is just resize the pics. But for big closeups of food or faces, the majority of the time I will (unless it already looks so good, haha!)

• alyria posted on December 9, 2009 at 12:00 pm

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:38 pm

• tiffanyx posted on December 9, 2009 at 12:06 pm

SO PINCHABLE!!

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:42 pm

HEe thanks hon

• Anonymous posted on December 9, 2009 at 12:56 pm

sexy

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:43 pm

That’s not even possible , i was totally going for that sweet look 😛

• preciouslaura posted on December 10, 2009 at 12:45 am

hahahahha creeper.

• good_lenchik posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Prettylissimo! My fav is 3rd from the bottom. Super cute!

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 1:44 pm

• samantha_evons posted on December 9, 2009 at 3:37 pm

i like the first one the best!!!!!!!

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 12:01 am

• mizzalaneous posted on December 9, 2009 at 5:03 pm

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 12:02 am

Mmm I use lipbalm – Lucas Papaw Ointment is what I’ve been using for YEARS 🙂

• finding_tricia posted on December 9, 2009 at 7:19 pm

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 12:04 am

• wwenzz posted on December 10, 2009 at 4:16 am

You’ve no eyebags! i’m so jealous

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 6:18 am

I don’t have puffy eyebags, but I have something way worse – super dark undereye circles! 🙁

• wwenzz posted on December 10, 2009 at 7:47 am

i’ve both. 🙁

wat concealer are u using?!

• jesuisariel posted on December 10, 2009 at 5:24 am

Very pretty!

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 6:18 am

Aww thanks hon 🙂

• rollagirl9 posted on December 10, 2009 at 6:12 am

You look beautiful without any steps, lol 🙂 I like to play with contrast if I can be bothered. It makes a photo really pop if it’s a bit flat. I also adjust the white balance if I’ve not measured it correctly when I took the pic. I might also remove red eyes. I’m crap at anything more detailed like freckle-blurring.

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 6:19 am

Hehe you are biased cos you’re my fwend 😛

Yeah on freckle-blurry, esp on Chris, he finds out and then gets mad 😉

• Anonymous posted on December 10, 2009 at 7:12 am

Rationale

What exactly are the Rationale products that you use? Your skin looks OMG so good!

• princesszhing posted on December 10, 2009 at 9:20 am

you look awesome! without or without photoshop! but thanks for the tip! i think i need major skin brightening!!

p.s. thanks for the review a while ago. i recently came back from japan and got myself a little tube of covermark concealer! im sold!! can’t wait to try the rest of their products! 🙂

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 1:38 pm

If only I could always lighten+brighten in real life… that would be awesome. heh.

Ohh so lucky you were in Japan! And ya, all their stuff is fab 🙂

• Anonymous posted on December 10, 2009 at 9:52 am

your beautiful heart shines through 😀

Tim

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Aww thanks lol!

• wwenzz posted on December 10, 2009 at 4:16 am

You’ve no eyebags! i’m so jealous

• beverly posted on December 10, 2009 at 6:18 am

• wwenzz posted on December 10, 2009 at 7:47 am

i’ve both. 🙁

wat concealer are u using?!

• jesuisariel posted on December 10, 2009 at 5:24 am