Balenciaga, FASHION, Uncategorized BALENCIAGA ARENA SADDLE SATCHEL BAG 7 December 2009

If you’re a good friend of mine in real life, you’ll know that I have….. ermm…. a slight ‘obsession’ with my Balenciaga magenta bag. There’s something about the smell and the feel of the leather that drives me insane (in a good way) and I used it to absolute death. It got to a point where friends would go “Eww!” whenever they saw it, so I retired it and now it sits on the couch on my lap every day, whilst I pat and stroke it and play with the tassels. *ahem*. I’m aware I sound like a nutter.

ANYWAY! I finally decided to get ANOTHER Balenciaga bag. WHY, you ask? Considering I had around 8 other Balenciaga bags that I never used? Well, this one is different…. because I adore the style and the leather is ultra, ultra soft.

It’s the Balenciaga “Arena Saddle” satchel bag!!

It’s made of buttery soft lambskin, and comes in a very wearable brick-red. It’s somewhere in-between the First and the City bags, and fits in all the stuff that I need. I love love love the way it slouches and I keep hugging it because it’s so smooshy and smells so good 😛 I think it suits my height and size (big bags tend to dwarf me) and it’s really light when empty, so it doesn’t hurt my shoulder when I carry lots of stuff.

And the fabulous part? There’s not one indication it’s Balenciaga. Only if you open the bag, you’ll see the Balenciaga leather tab. But from the outside, there’s no Balenciaga word at all…. so only true Balenciaga fans (which there are hardly any of in Shanghai) will know what it is. To the regular person, it just looks like a regular leather bag. Nice and subtle. Awesome!

Balenciaga “Arena Saddle” satchel bag

Side-view

With a very soft flap

Fits in all my stuff neatly

An awesome size for me 🙂

Closer-up

With another outfit

• aqualuna posted on December 7, 2009 at 1:26 am

Soooo nice! Great purchase, Bev! 😀

• beverly posted on December 7, 2009 at 7:06 am

Thanks hon! I’m deeeelighted with it 🙂

• l_i_z posted on December 7, 2009 at 2:11 am

Ooooh that’s so pretty! Gorgeous colour, congrats 🙂

• beverly posted on December 7, 2009 at 7:06 am

I like how it’s a pretty subtle red, yet still cheery and bright. Good for work 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on December 7, 2009 at 2:20 am

I like your floral top. The bag is really nice too.

• beverly posted on December 7, 2009 at 7:09 am

Thanks, I got it on eBay cos it was so mad cheap

• tiffanyx posted on December 7, 2009 at 2:34 am

im such not a bag person! i was looking at your outfits! 😀

• beverly posted on December 7, 2009 at 7:10 am

Hhaah nooowaaay the bag is way more interesting!

• aqualuna posted on December 7, 2009 at 1:26 am

Soooo nice! Great purchase, Bev! 😀

• beverly posted on December 7, 2009 at 7:06 am

Thanks hon! I’m deeeelighted with it 🙂

• l_i_z posted on December 7, 2009 at 2:11 am

Ooooh that’s so pretty! Gorgeous colour, congrats 🙂

• beverly posted on December 7, 2009 at 7:06 am

• starbucksweetie posted on December 7, 2009 at 2:20 am

I like your floral top. The bag is really nice too.

• beverly posted on December 7, 2009 at 7:09 am

Thanks, I got it on eBay cos it was so mad cheap

• tiffanyx posted on December 7, 2009 at 2:34 am

im such not a bag person! i was looking at your outfits! 😀

• beverly posted on December 7, 2009 at 7:10 am

Hhaah nooowaaay the bag is way more interesting!

• renew posted on December 7, 2009 at 6:00 pm

I love that shade of red, it’s so chic and wearable!

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 2:15 am

Me tooo! not too bright, so ti’s appropriate for work. Yay 🙂

• renew posted on December 7, 2009 at 6:00 pm

I love that shade of red, it’s so chic and wearable!

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 2:15 am

Me tooo! not too bright, so ti’s appropriate for work. Yay 🙂

• peachietree posted on December 8, 2009 at 2:18 pm

I love flip-messenger bags and what a beautiful color.! Where do you buy your lux goods; is it all from online? In China I’m always kind of weary cause it seems pricier than if I were to get them in the States; any idea what city/country in Asia’s the “cheapest” for luxury goods?

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 2:54 am

Hardly ever from the boutiques here, cos it’s so much more$. i usually get them shipped in from the USA or buy in Hong Kong, which is the cheapest in Asia 🙂

• celadoncatz posted on December 8, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Another Bal addict here. Your Arena is gorgy!!! I noticed it in your Guilin pix 🙂

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 2:55 am

Yayness, you have great taste, heheheh. You so should blog your B bags!

• farahdean posted on December 8, 2009 at 4:00 pm

That’s what I thought I saw in your earlier entries. Is the colour Ruby? This is at a substantial discount in Bal BKK, was there last month when I saw it. But considering their above retail, the price is not as good as you get on Ebay via resellers. I love these bags coz they are sooo smooshy soft. Looks good on you too!

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 3:04 am

Heh, you’re sharp!

It’s the “sangine” colour from this year 2009. I like it more than the regular designs cos it’s just so ultra soft and a bit more ladylike, so its good for work 🙂

• peachietree posted on December 8, 2009 at 2:18 pm

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 2:54 am

• celadoncatz posted on December 8, 2009 at 2:22 pm

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 2:55 am

Yayness, you have great taste, heheheh. You so should blog your B bags!

• farahdean posted on December 8, 2009 at 4:00 pm

• beverly posted on December 9, 2009 at 3:04 am

Heh, you’re sharp!

• j0s1e267 posted on December 18, 2009 at 2:11 am

It looks really fab on you! Love the red!

• j0s1e267 posted on December 18, 2009 at 2:11 am

It looks really fab on you! Love the red!