Festivals, FOOD, Food reviews, Uncategorized THE CUISINE FESTIVAL 2009 9 November 2009

On a lovely warm day, we headed off to the The Cuisine Festival. We were pleasantly surprised that people were really well-behaved (no crazy shouting, pushing & shoving) and that there weren’t actually that many people there. But then we realised, it was fairly empty because of one key reason:

It was appallingly expensive. There’s no other way to put it. At 120? per person, the price really hurts since we paid for 4 people. At food festivals that have paid-entry in Australia, we ALWAYS get loads of free samples – basically enough to fill you for a meal. It was not the case here. Unbelievably, we had to pay more for the food, and there was little/no samples. In fact, a lot of the dishes were really expensive (for a tiny amount) and it was only the wonderful steak that was incredible value for money.

Frankly, I felt the prices gave us all a real sour taste (not good since it’s a food festival, haha), and MANY people there felt the same and were complaining too. Don’t even get me started on the hilarious 500? for their ‘Premium lunch’ (btw, you can get a full fine-dining buffet + all-you-can-drink champagne in expensive hotels for under 400?) or their 150? ‘VIP area’ that just had teeny glasses of wine and a few little canapes. The organisers should have had the brains and foresight to charge the 120? entry fee, which is fine, but give back 120? in food vouchers that you can redeem right there-and-then at the food stalls.

Now THAT would have made the festival a SUCCESS!

Fortunately, they day was nice, and people were polite. The stall holders were great – very friendly and we enjoyed the great food served there, plus discovered a few new restaurants that we want to check out later.

Worn that day:
Louis Vuitton bandeau (worn as headband)
He Qi crystal earrings
“I’m Blogging This” tee
Levi’s denim shorts
Sketchers shoes
Miu Miu lambskin bag

The 2009 Cuisine Festival

Outside the huge building

Lovely outdoor area to chill out during the festival

‘sup, blog readers? 🙂

Insanely luscious pork ribs…. *drools*

I HAS RIBS!!

Beer + ribs = perfection

Totally cute pic 🙂

Buying tacos, beer, and more food…

Gobbling some Polish dumplings

Checking out the ice creams

Food makes me happy

Waiting for our steaks to cook

180g fillet steak for 48? (US$7) and it was freakin’ perfection!

I finished my steak 🙁

Checking out HoF’s delectable goodies. Their orange chocolate cake was luscioussss

Guess the scarecrow?

Mio Miko, a new-ish Belgium chocolate cafe. We must go!

Pretty ceiling

Having a big Croque Monsieur (it was really good), and the nice French guy there
gave me a glass of free wine. So lovely!! It was delish 🙂

Eating at the Meridien hotel’s stand

Yummy Rhubarb pie from the Hyatt hotel

I look dubious, but I LOVED this alcoholic yoghurt schnapps drink, bought a whole bottle for myself!

• starbucksweetie posted on November 9, 2009 at 12:50 am

Looks like you had fun!

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 3:33 am

Yeah, thank goodness for lovely weather – a surprise that it’s still nice, considering we’re heading into winter!

• rollagirl9 posted on November 9, 2009 at 1:01 am

ROFL at the scarecrow photo

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 4:06 am

Yeah we’re a bit weird 😀

• kare2711 posted on November 9, 2009 at 2:03 am

great that you now include information about your apparel.

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 4:06 am

I decided to cos I got sick of replying to comments and emails asking what I’m wearing etc 😛

• good_lenchik posted on November 9, 2009 at 3:01 am

Organization is such a shame. Good that I didn’t go, otherwise I’d be complaining about prices for the next week or so. Your idea about vouchers is excellent. I recommend you write organizers about it.
    Steak looks yammy!!! Scarecrow photo funny as hell :)) Cool tee you’ve got. I noticed in the previous post. Is it custom made?

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 4:07 am

Yeah you didn’t miss much to be honest! Can get the same food outside anyway, WITHOUT that stupid entrance fee 😉

That tee is from my friend (she commented above) – too cute:)

• starbucksweetie posted on November 9, 2009 at 12:50 am

Looks like you had fun!

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 3:33 am

• rollagirl9 posted on November 9, 2009 at 1:01 am

ROFL at the scarecrow photo

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 4:06 am

Yeah we’re a bit weird 😀

• kare2711 posted on November 9, 2009 at 2:03 am

great that you now include information about your apparel.

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 4:06 am

• good_lenchik posted on November 9, 2009 at 3:01 am

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 4:07 am

That tee is from my friend (she commented above) – too cute:)

• tiffanyx posted on November 9, 2009 at 12:29 pm

polish dumplings??
    what are those?!

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Basically like Chinese dumpling skin, with potato and cheese inside. Pretty good!

• susyspeed posted on November 10, 2009 at 12:28 am

• tiffanyx posted on November 10, 2009 at 12:34 am

fantastic~ thanks hunz!

“‘A Little Slice of Heaven'” *droolsss*~~

• nakedpetals posted on November 9, 2009 at 8:51 pm

Omg. How jealous am I with all your food festie posts! haha

Wish we had them here 🙁

Think everyone is so budget with their money here they dnt want to hold any food festivals! haha! I’m sure one dish would cost like $10 for us!!!! Damn NZ!

The only fairs we have are those ones that are held every now and then in a couple of places around the city in summer… and the only food they’ll have is hot chips, hot dogs and mini donuts… How Sad NZ!!!! so disappointed LOL!

• beverly posted on November 10, 2009 at 2:51 am

It’s cool we have em in Shanghai, but they’re nowhere NEAR the quality in Australia, sadly!

maaan i wouldn’t say no to hot chips and hotdogs right now tho 😛

• rosettek posted on November 9, 2009 at 4:05 pm

mmmm looks delish! I love your use of ebonics as well! I has ribs! lol

• beverly posted on November 10, 2009 at 2:50 am

ROFL chris and I are like that , we’re internet geeks 😉

• valska posted on November 10, 2009 at 3:13 am

I am in love with your bag. 😛 And yes, the food looks soooo good! I’m waiting for lunch hour and am hungry!

• beverly posted on November 10, 2009 at 3:26 am

Hee I am rediscovering it.. I love how ULTRA soft it is, and the colour *yayness*

• nakedpetals posted on November 9, 2009 at 8:51 pm