Uncategorized MY NEW TOSHIBA LAPTOP! 23 November 2009

So I got a new laptop!

Or rather, Chris bought me one, because he is super sweet πŸ™‚ I’ve been planning to get one for awhile, but hadn’t gotten round to it. My current one was in a total state, kept stalling for no good reason and on some days, would be totally unusable. I also wanted a big upgrade on specs, and a nice widescreen.

So after our Singaporean meet-up lunch with about 40(!) other Singaporeans, we headed off to the digital mega mall(s) in Shanghai. And this is where we spent the next FIVE HOURS. We went from store to store, checking out all the various laptops, comparing specs, and comparing prices. It was hard work! Finally, I’d narrowed it down to the following 3:

Vaio NW25E – I really only liked this because it “looked cute”. Sad but true, and at least I can admit it! It’s *pink*. I mean, what more can I say?! Sadly, the specs fall short and so many computer geeks told me “It’s a piece of crap. All fluff and shit insides”. It’s what I’ve heard time and time again with all the cute Vaios, and so finally, I decided to give up on having a pink laptop.

Lenovo G550A – This one was sleek, with excellent specs. Not much else to say except that it got the tick of approval on everything. Only thing was that it’s local-made, and Toshiba has by far a better name/reputation, which was why we went with the below.

Toshiba L585 – The PERFECT laptop. Suited all my needs, great specs, and a decent price. It’s also a sexy gunmetal silver, and shiny πŸ˜€ It’s the perfect laptop for me to use at home – because I plonk it on my laptop table by the couch, so I need something with a large screen and good specs.

So 5 hours later, after walking ’til our feet were sore and talking until our throats hurt, we finally decided on the Toshiba laptop. And Chris decided to buy it for me. Yayyyy! Though, now that we’re married, our finances are the same, so it doesn’t actually matter who pays – I pointed out πŸ˜›

By the way, Windows 7 is excellent. I LOVE it! And my new Toshiba is the bees knees. It’s lightning fast and so swish.. I’m loving it.

Some specs:

CPU: T4300 (2.1GHz)
RAM: 4GB DDR2
Hard disk space: 320GB
Monitor size: 16.0″HD
Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeonβ„’ HD 4570

• princesszhing posted on November 23, 2009 at 3:17 pm

i always thought you were an apple user!! have no clue why or how i came to that conclusion! πŸ™‚

i like the idea of post-marital joint accounts. makes everything bit easier and communal!!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2009 at 3:31 am

Noooo, I worked at Microsoft and Chris still works there, so no way we use mac πŸ˜‰

• soldierette posted on November 23, 2009 at 3:50 pm

hehe love that you love win 7! πŸ™‚

• beverly posted on November 24, 2009 at 3:40 am

It’s freakin great, not being biased or anything! πŸ˜›

• joni_to0622 posted on November 23, 2009 at 5:11 pm

aww..thats so sweet of him. I am going to get a new one too when I go back to HK this Dec. but I havnt decided which one to get yet.

• beverly posted on November 24, 2009 at 5:29 am

I think the prices are really good in HK. Mine works for lots of home-use πŸ™‚

• misskesha24 posted on November 23, 2009 at 10:27 pm

I love your new laptop! I need to get a new one because mine was stolen while at work…cried so much until I am numble about the situation which I will talk about a later date. Anyway Chris is still the best husband in the world and you are the second person I know to say Windows 7 rocks! Thanks for the review!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2009 at 5:30 am

Oh noooo that sucks, can’t belive it was stolen whilst at work too! grrrrrrr

• misskesha24 posted on November 24, 2009 at 3:04 pm

*Sweet Hugs* Thank you for your concern! I have found one that I want and i planning on getting in the new year. In the meantime I have my work computer and blackberry to try to make me feel better! *hugs*

• princesszhing posted on November 23, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Oh noooo that sucks, can’t belive it was stolen whilst at work too! grrrrrrr

• misskesha24 posted on November 24, 2009 at 3:04 pm

• nakedpetals posted on November 24, 2009 at 10:35 am

GO TOSHIBA!!!! I got the Satellite A350! So in love with it <3

enjoy your new Toshiba πŸ˜€

• beverly posted on November 25, 2009 at 2:53 am

Agree! I’ve heard such good things about the Toshiba, it’s meant to be one of the best in performance πŸ™‚

• nakedpetals posted on November 24, 2009 at 10:35 am

GO TOSHIBA!!!! I got the Satellite A350! So in love with it <3

enjoy your new Toshiba πŸ˜€

• beverly posted on November 25, 2009 at 2:53 am

• popcorn_feet posted on November 24, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Getting a new laptop is the best! congrats!

• beverly posted on November 25, 2009 at 2:59 am

That feeling of setting up a new laptop can’t be beaten… heheh

• popcorn_feet posted on November 24, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Getting a new laptop is the best! congrats!

• beverly posted on November 25, 2009 at 2:59 am