Family, Living in... Shanghai, Uncategorized MUM AND DAD IN SHANGHAI! (part 2) 8 November 2009

More bits and bobs from gallavanting around town whilst Mum and Dad were here visiting. So much fun!!

Super cute pic of Mum and Dad!

Queuing for our lunch at a place near my work, where I go about twice a week.
They are SO SO SO cheap ($2 for a full meal) and so good!

You pick these ‘lil dishes, pop them on your tray, and pay.. then grab a seat and chow down

These dishes? US$5 for the lot! BARGAIN

At Bon Matin, one of my fave patisseries

Getting pampered and doing nails with Mum

After our Duathlon, the 4 of us got 1.5hr foot massages including all-you-can-eat-and-drink. Bliss!

Randomly one night, we saw a Dewars bus, offering free scotch tasting

Cool interior huh?!

3 glasses of scotch, we were taught all about the drinks and asked to deduce which one was Dewars

Happily waiting to start our session

BOTTOMS UP!

All done and with our Dewars freebies 😛

We had dinner at Moon’s Steakhouse.. great food

Enjoying ourselves at Babydoll. Check out the size of the sushi and my drink!

At a Chinese restaurant… about to eat hairy crabs

Chris gamely tackles his

I only picked a bit at it. Just too much effort, for too little meat….

I love my husband. He keeps me well-fed 😀

• rollagirl9 posted on November 8, 2009 at 7:17 am

Your parents are SO CUTE and so sweet 🙂

• beverly posted on November 8, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Hee I love some of the adorable pics they take!

• starbucksweetie posted on November 8, 2009 at 2:38 pm

I love how you’ve been wearing your Hermes scarves non-stop

• beverly posted on November 8, 2009 at 2:41 pm

it’s a bit deceiving cos the photos are taken over the course of a day, but i split them up, or put ’em in different posts. But i HAVE been wearing them often 😉

• rollagirl9 posted on November 8, 2009 at 7:17 am

Your parents are SO CUTE and so sweet 🙂

• beverly posted on November 8, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Hee I love some of the adorable pics they take!

• popcorn_feet posted on November 8, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Yeah, not so much for me on the crab/lobster thing. It just freaks me when food comes with eyes staring at me too…

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 3:32 am

even the eyes aside, it’s so WEIRD to see all this unidentifiable goop and bits inside… eek!

• starbucksweetie posted on November 8, 2009 at 2:38 pm

I love how you’ve been wearing your Hermes scarves non-stop

• beverly posted on November 8, 2009 at 2:41 pm

• popcorn_feet posted on November 8, 2009 at 5:18 pm

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 3:32 am

• thefragrantelf posted on November 9, 2009 at 7:54 am

Awww, would have been so good with them there! And wow USD5 for all that food!!!

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 9:35 am

It was so fun, we went to the cheapest and the most expensive of places, just to show em the variety here!

• thefragrantelf posted on November 9, 2009 at 7:54 am

• beverly posted on November 9, 2009 at 9:35 am

• Anonymous posted on January 6, 2010 at 7:45 am

Dewar’s Bus

Wow, what an awesome bus! Where was it standing? I wanna have a drink as well…

• beverly posted on January 6, 2010 at 9:30 am

Re: Dewar’s Bus

Xintiandi outside Moon Steakhouse, but not sure if they’re still there..

• Anonymous posted on January 6, 2010 at 7:45 am

Dewar’s Bus

Wow, what an awesome bus! Where was it standing? I wanna have a drink as well…

• beverly posted on January 6, 2010 at 9:30 am

Re: Dewar’s Bus

Xintiandi outside Moon Steakhouse, but not sure if they’re still there..