Birthdays, FASHION, Hermes, Uncategorized MANY WAYS TO WEAR AN HERMES SCARF 3 November 2009

So here’s just a couple of ways I’ve been using to tie/wear my Hermes scarves.. what an awesome gift from Chris! 🙂 They’re REALLY versatile, and it’s fun playing around with them and being creative to see what combinations I can come up with. I still plan to tie the 2 scarves together to make another top and also a little dress, but haven’t gotten round to that yet.

The Looks below are only about 1/10 of the ways you can wear an Hermes scarf. I love how they can really dress up an outfit, or even be an outfit 😉 They’re also quite small so it’s easy to pop one in your bag and whip it out when it’s a little chilly. I know technically you can use other scarves, but nothing out there beats the fineness and quality of an Hermes silk scarf… the drape of the fabric isn’t the same and the prints are so special. I’m looking forward to keeping and wearing these for a long time until they become vintage scarves, then I can pass them on to my daughter 🙂

Hermes scarf… as a belt

Worn as a belt tied around my waist, with matching Hermes leather bracelet
and my Guess top that I’ve had for 12 years (!!!!!).

Worn with my Marc Jacobs jacket, tied around the waist as a side-apron,
and matching Hermes leather bracelet.

Hermes scarf… as a neck scarf

Worn as a bib with a free eBay polo shirt and jeans, heh

As a standard scarf with Hermes turquoise scarf ring and Papinelle (super soft) top

Tied into a ‘friendship knot’ and worn with Alannah Hill top

Hermes scarf… as a top

Worn as a halter top, tied in place with Hermes
leather bracelet (used as a choker/necklace)

Closer pic

What it looks like from behind

Closeup of the Hermes scarf tied onto the Hermes
leather bracelet (wound twice round my neck)

Worn as a little capelet with $10 white tank top, Sass & Bide
white jeans, Playboy boots and Louis Vuitton trouville bag

The best way to display a scarf’s gorgeous design, IMHO!

Closeup. I just knotted the ends together….

….and stuck my arms through the holes, and, voila!

• starbucksweetie posted on November 3, 2009 at 4:02 am

I love it as a top! Sexy.

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:30 am

I am really wishing we were going into summer, instead of winter, so I can wear it like that more!

• wwenzz posted on November 3, 2009 at 4:11 am

You can make it into a dress with 2 scarves too!

I think you should send this entry to Hermes.

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:31 am

Yeah! haven’t gotten round to making it into a dress yet though 😛
      Heh I don’t think Hermes bothers about people wearing their scarves.. they’re way too cool for that, lol!

• oh_ayana posted on November 3, 2009 at 4:21 am

Ohh I love this post- will definately show the boy to justify a purchase 😉

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:44 am

ROFL go go go! Perhaps a christmas present 😉

• nycarm posted on November 3, 2009 at 4:25 am

I agree, looks stunning as a top!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:52 am

Thanks hon 🙂 I love em every which way.. heheh

• mizzalaneous posted on November 3, 2009 at 5:17 am

I didn’t realise those scarved are that big. Lol. Believe it or not, this is the first time I’m seeing a friendship knot. I love it!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 8:41 am

The friendship knots look really nice on scarves IMHO, much nicer than just pulling it into a regular knot!

• lindi_jay posted on November 3, 2009 at 5:35 am

You are very clever, and all the styles look great on you. My favourite way would have to be as a headscarf, crossed over at the front and knotted at the back. Wear while driving a sporty convertible above the French Riviera, hehe!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 8:42 am

Hehhehe unfortunately I only have the scarf – not quite the wheels and location 😛

• pishako posted on November 3, 2009 at 5:36 am

awesome n v innovative~!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 8:42 am

I’m having lots of fun with em, and good timing too since winter is coming!

• moxielass posted on November 3, 2009 at 6:15 am

very nice. i didnt know u can do so many styles with a scarf.

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 8:53 am

There are tonnnns of ways, I really only posted just the tip of the iceberg!

• mimo_zza posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:01 am

wow! hi Beverly! I adore scarves!!! so lovely they suit you! I also make such experiments – at seaside quite actual.

ps i’ve been off-line for a long time and i’ve just noticed that you’ve changed material status! My best and warmest wishes 😉 you are very beautiful couple!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 9:00 am

Thank you sweetie, it’s really nice of you and welcome back to LJ land!

• tricia_sum posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:31 am

Love your MJ jacket!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 9:03 am

Whee thank you!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:52 am

It’s good for a bit of warmth if it’s a bit chilly too!

• princesszhing posted on November 3, 2009 at 8:49 am

i like the one with friendship knot! is it hard to tie??

you really wear scarfs nicely!! we used to have to wear a school scarf in swiss school and i looked like someone from the 80’s!!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 9:09 am

Nah not at all! Search for it online and there are some how to guides – it takes maybe 30 secs to do 🙂

• princesszhing posted on November 3, 2009 at 9:39 am

wow! thanks for the heads up! 🙂

• l_i_z posted on November 3, 2009 at 10:58 am

Awesome entry. I found the guides to wearing the Hermes scarves on their website and had fun trying out all of the different ways too 😀

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Yeah it’s a great help! I think all the ways to wear it as a top are the best 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on November 3, 2009 at 4:02 am

I love it as a top! Sexy.

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:30 am

• wwenzz posted on November 3, 2009 at 4:11 am

You can make it into a dress with 2 scarves too!

I think you should send this entry to Hermes.

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:31 am

Yeah! haven’t gotten round to making it into a dress yet though 😛

• oh_ayana posted on November 3, 2009 at 4:21 am

Ohh I love this post- will definately show the boy to justify a purchase 😉

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:44 am

ROFL go go go! Perhaps a christmas present 😉

• nycarm posted on November 3, 2009 at 4:25 am

I agree, looks stunning as a top!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:52 am

Thanks hon 🙂 I love em every which way.. heheh

• good_lenchik posted on November 3, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Wow I never thought of so many ways to wear the scarf. If you say that it’s just 10% possible ways I admit that I know nothing about the scarves. Top looks sexy and cool outfit for a party. Still don’t get how u tied it around the neckless so that the knot is not visible. Gonna practice friendship know tonight on my only square scarf.
    PS: Which lipstick do u have on the last photo? Number and brand. I was looking for such shade. BTW it absolutely suits the scarf you wear.

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I really love playing around with the scarves.. it’s fun to figure out new ways!

I’m using lip balm in the last one – MAC’s tinted lip conditioner, the Hello Kitty collaboration one in a pot

• hyperion1 posted on November 3, 2009 at 12:55 pm

great pics! you look so pretty & sexy 🙂

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Aww thank ya! I’m really loving em both 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:09 pm

i love it as halter!!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:36 pm

That’s one of my faves too 🙂 Great for SG’s weather!

• tiffanyx posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:44 pm

i think you can make a short dress with a 90x90cm scarf!

• mizzalaneous posted on November 3, 2009 at 5:17 am

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 8:41 am

• ohprettywords posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:25 pm

thank you for a crash course in all the ways you can wear a scarf. my favorite looks?…the last two. so innovative!♥

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Heh now you can try it all out too! 🙂

• lindi_jay posted on November 3, 2009 at 5:35 am

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 8:42 am

• pishako posted on November 3, 2009 at 5:36 am

awesome n v innovative~!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 8:42 am

I’m having lots of fun with em, and good timing too since winter is coming!

• Anonymous posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Nice Girl

Lovely asian girl:)
    I used to think only women from Middle East buying Hermes scarf…:D
    By the way, I recently find a nice site about Hermes – Birkin, Kelly bag and other information including discount coupon ect.
    Here is the url:

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Re: Nice Girl

Thanks 🙂

Unfortunately – that site has entirely counterfeit/fake handbags.

• moxielass posted on November 3, 2009 at 6:15 am

very nice. i didnt know u can do so many styles with a scarf.

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 8:53 am

There are tonnnns of ways, I really only posted just the tip of the iceberg!

• mimo_zza posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:01 am

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 9:00 am

Thank you sweetie, it’s really nice of you and welcome back to LJ land!

• tricia_sum posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:31 am

Love your MJ jacket!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 9:03 am

Whee thank you!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 7:52 am

It’s good for a bit of warmth if it’s a bit chilly too!

• princesszhing posted on November 3, 2009 at 8:49 am

i like the one with friendship knot! is it hard to tie??

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 9:09 am

• princesszhing posted on November 3, 2009 at 9:39 am

wow! thanks for the heads up! 🙂

• jesuisariel posted on November 3, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Great looks, Bev! Esp love the halter-neck top look. So sexy 😉

• beverly posted on November 4, 2009 at 2:29 am

Hehe thanks hon, I like it as a halter the best too 🙂

• susyspeed posted on November 3, 2009 at 5:19 pm

i’m saving this under my memories IN CASE I EVER GET A HERMES SCARF hehe. can’t wait to see more styles 🙂

• beverly posted on November 4, 2009 at 2:32 am

Yayness, hopefully soon! It’ll probably work with another super soft silk scarf though 🙂

• l_i_z posted on November 3, 2009 at 10:58 am

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Yeah it’s a great help! I think all the ways to wear it as a top are the best 🙂

• good_lenchik posted on November 3, 2009 at 12:53 pm

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:34 pm

• hyperion1 posted on November 3, 2009 at 12:55 pm

great pics! you look so pretty & sexy 🙂

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Aww thank ya! I’m really loving em both 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:09 pm

i love it as halter!!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:36 pm

That’s one of my faves too 🙂 Great for SG’s weather!

• tiffanyx posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:44 pm

i think you can make a short dress with a 90x90cm scarf!

• ohprettywords posted on November 3, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Lovely asian girl:)
    I used to think only women from Middle East buying Hermes scarf…:D
    Here is the url:

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Re: Nice Girl

Thanks 🙂

Unfortunately – that site has entirely counterfeit/fake handbags.

• thefragrantelf posted on November 4, 2009 at 12:24 am

Wow. Amazingly versatile! What is the lippy you’re wearing in the pic with the blue Papinelle top and last pic, it’s a gorgeous colour.

• thefragrantelf posted on November 4, 2009 at 12:57 am

LOL! I just realised I am wearing a very similar colour to the on in your last pic today! It’s Lancome Absolu in Champagne.

• beverly posted on November 4, 2009 at 2:33 am

That’s just (almost gone) MAC lip conditioner pot in that Hello Kitty range:)

• jesuisariel posted on November 3, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Great looks, Bev! Esp love the halter-neck top look. So sexy 😉

• beverly posted on November 4, 2009 at 2:29 am

Hehe thanks hon, I like it as a halter the best too 🙂

• susyspeed posted on November 3, 2009 at 5:19 pm

• beverly posted on November 4, 2009 at 2:32 am

• nakedpetals posted on November 3, 2009 at 9:30 pm

I like picture number 3 and 5

Your very creative with your scarf

• beverly posted on November 4, 2009 at 2:33 am

Thanks hon! It’s fun playing around with the different ways 🙂

• thefragrantelf posted on November 4, 2009 at 12:24 am

• thefragrantelf posted on November 4, 2009 at 12:57 am

• beverly posted on November 4, 2009 at 2:33 am

That’s just (almost gone) MAC lip conditioner pot in that Hello Kitty range:)

• finding_tricia posted on November 4, 2009 at 8:49 am

super useful entry! was wondering how you did a capelet with it, then found out. you’ve got all the ideas!

• beverly posted on November 5, 2009 at 1:06 am

I like it as a capelet, really shows the scarf’s design! 🙂

• finding_tricia posted on November 4, 2009 at 8:49 am

• beverly posted on November 5, 2009 at 1:06 am

I like it as a capelet, really shows the scarf’s design! 🙂

• Anonymous posted on February 24, 2010 at 12:01 am

Great ideas

Thank you ! I love Hermes scarves but never even thought of wearing them in the ways you have posted. Very creative!!!

• beverly posted on February 24, 2010 at 2:32 am

Re: Great ideas

Glad they helped hon! Hermes scarves are multi-useful.. hehe

• Anonymous posted on February 24, 2010 at 12:01 am

Great ideas

• beverly posted on February 24, 2010 at 2:32 am

Re: Great ideas

Glad they helped hon! Hermes scarves are multi-useful.. hehe

• I’M IN COSMOPOLITAN! | Beverly's adventures! posted on October 26, 2011 at 8:47 pm

[…] here’s an old post about other ways that I’ve worn my Hermes scarves.. Hermes scarf knotted to my […]