Birthdays, FASHION, Hermes, Uncategorized HALLELUJAH HERMES!! 1 November 2009

Every 25 seconds an Hermes scarf is sold somewhere in the world.

And so Chris contributed towards about 1 minute’s revenue towards Hermes for my birthday 😉

When he gave me the paper bag, my thought was “Oooooh! Hermes!” and simultaneously my other thought was “Crap! Hermes!” because I know just how much Hermes costs (ummm.. ouch)…. When I peeked inside, there was not one… but TWO Hermes boxes! My jaw dropped 😛

Recently I’ve gotten interested in scarves, and I guess must’ve lamented to Chris I didn’t have a really nice scarf.. and he must’ve remembered! That, or he knows me VERY well 🙂 He’d gone to the boutique and picked up 2 designs that he thought I’d like, and he has great taste!

DID YOU KNOW?
It takes a studio of 20 designers about 2 years< to complete a Hermes scarf from design concept, engraving and printing to the hand finishing process. Every scarf tells a unique story. Each scarf contains 65 grams of silk from approximately 250 cocoons. And their special rounded hem? It's specially hand-rolled and takes 40 minutes to complete. Very cool trivia eh?! With Hermes, it could never be just a scarf, I guess 😉

What I like most is that Hermes scarves are timeless – they’re not like regular scarves that you buy to use, then chuck ’em away/lose them after awhile. With Hermes, the scarves become covetable vintage scarves, which I can pass to my daughter(s) to use in future.. and that’s a nice thought 🙂

I could find one of the Hermes scarves on their official website but the other one is AWOL, or maybe I just haven’t looked hard enough 😛 I loooove both though, they’re each so different so I’ve created a whole variety of ways to use ’em and pair them with my outfits. Will post pics of what I’ve done next!

Box #1 – Beautiful, soft silk…. aiiieeee!

Tres gorgeous Hermes scarf

I adore the vibrant colours of this one!

Really gorgeous design 🙂

The little Hermes stamp at the corner

Box #2 – PIIIIIINK!!!!

Pastel pink and turqouise/blue – one hella gorgeous colour combination

Prettiness 🙂

Heh, cute

• starbucksweetie posted on November 1, 2009 at 3:10 pm

They are gorgeous! I love them and you will have them forever.

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:24 am

i do love how there are so many collectable vintage Hermes scarves around.. hopefully mine will be that many years from now… 🙂

• missustay posted on November 1, 2009 at 3:18 pm

gorgeous! i especially like the pastel pink one. the color combination is very pretty!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:26 am

It’s sooo soft in real life.. yayness!! Is it weird if I keep rubbing the scarf on myself? 😉

• ohprettywords posted on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 pm

the second scarf is especially gorgeous (and meaningful).

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:35 am

I really adore both.. and I like how the first one has “christophe” in it 😛

• couturekitten posted on November 1, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Gorgeous, hubby has excellent taste. Went to the site and checked out the other colors of the Columbus scarf, the blue one is goooorrgeous. (But I love everything blue, hehe)

Happy belated birthday btw. 🙂

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:36 am

I like blues too! But ummm must refrain from trying to buy another scarf……

• joni_to0622 posted on November 1, 2009 at 7:23 pm

wow they are gorgeous and seem soo soft!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:37 am

Very 🙂 But I’m so cared I get ’em dirty… ahhh!

• rollagirl9 posted on November 1, 2009 at 10:22 pm

Stunning!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:46 am

I’m totaly over the moon with it… lots of scarf-playing/dressups have commenced 😉

• tiffanyx posted on November 1, 2009 at 10:25 pm

very very lovely pressie!!

i like the second scarf!!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 9:01 am

He has such lovely taste.. so delighted – hee!

• tiffanyx posted on November 2, 2009 at 9:10 am

we know. look at his choice for a wife! 😉

• starbucksweetie posted on November 1, 2009 at 3:10 pm

They are gorgeous! I love them and you will have them forever.

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:24 am

• missustay posted on November 1, 2009 at 3:18 pm

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:26 am

• ohprettywords posted on November 1, 2009 at 4:05 pm

the second scarf is especially gorgeous (and meaningful).

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:35 am

I really adore both.. and I like how the first one has “christophe” in it 😛

• couturekitten posted on November 1, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Happy belated birthday btw. 🙂

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:36 am

I like blues too! But ummm must refrain from trying to buy another scarf……

• ikedee posted on November 2, 2009 at 12:58 am

Absolutely gorgeous!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 9:01 am

Thanks hon! Your icon is so funny too 😛

• irene82 posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:43 am

The second scarf matches your blog colors!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 9:09 am

OMG i totally didn’t even notice that… heh that’s awesome!

• aqualuna posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:57 am

gorgeous scarves! i especially love the second one, so pretty!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 9:17 am

Yay thanks hon! I wear looaadds of pink and also reds, so both work so well for me, heh

• good_lenchik posted on November 2, 2009 at 3:21 am

So I didn’t guess huh? I can’t wait to see all those variations of wearing the scarf. I personally don’t know cool ways of wearing such type of scarf. I wanna learn!!!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Hehe I love playing around with scarves.. they have sooo many uses! Will make a post tomorrow 🙂

• joni_to0622 posted on November 1, 2009 at 7:23 pm

wow they are gorgeous and seem soo soft!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:37 am

Very 🙂 But I’m so cared I get ’em dirty… ahhh!

• farahdean posted on November 2, 2009 at 3:36 am

Happy Belated Birthday Bev! Love both scarves!!!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Thanks Farah!! I love your icon.. siiiggghhh.. Balenciaga and Miu Miu….

• farahdean posted on November 3, 2009 at 9:42 am

Thanks Bev! I sold the Miu Miu bow satchel away tho. The Bal is Amethyst pink, close to your Magenta but your leather is TDF, so is the richer shade. 🙂

• rollagirl9 posted on November 1, 2009 at 10:22 pm

Stunning!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:46 am

• tiffanyx posted on November 1, 2009 at 10:25 pm

very very lovely pressie!!

i like the second scarf!!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 9:01 am

He has such lovely taste.. so delighted – hee!

• tiffanyx posted on November 2, 2009 at 9:10 am

we know. look at his choice for a wife! 😉

• pishako posted on November 2, 2009 at 6:51 am

i love the pink one … the pictures are so sweet!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:55 pm

I’m so delighted with how brilliant the colours are on both.. yayness!!

• divad posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:17 am

ZOMG HERMES

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:55 pm

ROFL that was my reaction when I saw the paper bag 😉

• ikedee posted on November 2, 2009 at 12:58 am

Absolutely gorgeous!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 9:01 am

Thanks hon! Your icon is so funny too 😛

• irene82 posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:43 am

The second scarf matches your blog colors!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 9:09 am

OMG i totally didn’t even notice that… heh that’s awesome!

• aqualuna posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:57 am

gorgeous scarves! i especially love the second one, so pretty!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 9:17 am

• good_lenchik posted on November 2, 2009 at 3:21 am

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:52 pm

• sintart posted on November 2, 2009 at 11:35 am

Happy belated birthday, Bev!
    Love how the 1st one has his name in it & the couple in the 2nd are sweet 🙂

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:57 pm

You’re sharp! Those are the 2 reasons why I love each one too 🙂

• farahdean posted on November 2, 2009 at 3:36 am

Happy Belated Birthday Bev! Love both scarves!!!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Thanks Farah!! I love your icon.. siiiggghhh.. Balenciaga and Miu Miu….

• farahdean posted on November 3, 2009 at 9:42 am

• aimezly posted on November 2, 2009 at 12:20 pm

hap hap happy b’day!

you lucky thing! now i want one hehe!
    i was just checking out the hermes au website. there’s a link that shows you all the fun you can have with a hermes scarf……even one shows you can wear it as a top! :O
    check it! 😀

p.s happy birthday!!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Re: hap hap happy b’day!

I knooow it’s why it’s so fun, hee! Gonna make a post tomorrow on the ways I’m using them:)

• madmoneymonkey posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Your husband has excellent taste! Scarves are so you!! 🙂

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Hehe he is a smart cookie. Good thing it’s getting cooler in Shanghai now, it’s SCARF TIME, bwahaha

• pishako posted on November 2, 2009 at 6:51 am

i love the pink one … the pictures are so sweet!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:55 pm

I’m so delighted with how brilliant the colours are on both.. yayness!!

• am_klutz posted on November 2, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Happy belated once again and gorgeous scarves! He has such good taste 🙂 and it’s totally your style.

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 2:37 am

Thanks hon! Ya I love his taste… fortunately I don’t get weirdo presents form him, heh!

• divad posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:17 am

ZOMG HERMES

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:55 pm

ROFL that was my reaction when I saw the paper bag 😉

• j0s1e267 posted on November 2, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Chris is such a sweetie! Love your H scarves, they are lovely!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 2:39 am

Whee thank you honey, having fun playing around with em!

• sintart posted on November 2, 2009 at 11:35 am

Happy belated birthday, Bev!
    Love how the 1st one has his name in it & the couple in the 2nd are sweet 🙂

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:57 pm

You’re sharp! Those are the 2 reasons why I love each one too 🙂

• kachunknorge posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Happy belated birthday!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 2:41 am

Thanks!

• aimezly posted on November 2, 2009 at 12:20 pm

hap hap happy b’day!

you lucky thing! now i want one hehe!
    check it! 😀

p.s happy birthday!!

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Re: hap hap happy b’day!

• madmoneymonkey posted on November 2, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Your husband has excellent taste! Scarves are so you!! 🙂

• beverly posted on November 2, 2009 at 3:07 pm

• am_klutz posted on November 2, 2009 at 3:30 pm

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 2:37 am

• hotpinkmanolo posted on November 3, 2009 at 12:42 am

Oh those are lovely! You are a lucky LUCKY lady to have such a generous and loving hubby.

I think that is true about all things Hermes. I think that’s why Birkins and Kellys are so covetable. They are quality, and require so much work, and they last forever. And then they become heirlooms.

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 2:42 am

Very true! I don’t like the Birkin and Kelly bags at the moment though.. but maybe I will in 10 years when I’m older 😛

• j0s1e267 posted on November 2, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Chris is such a sweetie! Love your H scarves, they are lovely!

• beverly posted on November 3, 2009 at 2:39 am

Whee thank you honey, having fun playing around with em!

• kachunknorge posted on November 2, 2009 at 8:11 pm