FOOD, Food reviews, Living in... Singapore, Uncategorized SHOKUDO FOOD BAZAAR 3 October 2009

Shokudo Food Bazaar
Raffles City Shopping Center
252 North Bridge Road, #B1-44E
Singapore

PRICE: $$$
RATING:

I stayed at the Swisotel whilst in Singapore on a business trip, which sits right above/next to the huge Raffles City shopping mall. It seems that their basement level has been renovated and expanded, and each time I stay at the Swisotel I find something new there! This time, they’ve opened this Japanese food market of sorts there.. a series of stalls that all sell various types of Japanese food, and the whole area is Japanese themed. Kind of like a Japanese food court, I guess. Cute concept and I LOVE Jap food, so decided to check it out one night.

It’s called Shokudo Food Bazaar and boasts 10 stalls serving over 300 Japanese dishes. When you enter, you’re given a Reserved sign to plonk on your chosen table, and a swipe card which you give to the food stalls as means of payment. After eating, you proceed to Checkout where they swipe your card and you pay the cashier. Easy peasy! The only downside is trying to figure out what you want to eat.. because it ALL looks so good 😛

Shokudo Food Bazaar

Luscious fresh sashimi (scallops and salmon)

Crispy tempura on rice

Lots of grilled dishes

Red bean dessert

The food bazaar

• angelnotes posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:20 am

Hehe, I went there for my birthday this year! Not too bad a place, I’d say. 😛

• beverly posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Yeah, I was impressed! Great Japanese food, and not terribly $$ too which is great 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:25 am

Yum, I love tempura.

• beverly posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:12 pm

I always get nervous ordering it because sometimes, it turns out a bit mushy or just not well done at all. Thankfully, this one was spot on!

• ichabunni posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:26 am

ooo i’ll definitely check this out next time i’m in Singapore!

• beverly posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Yeah theyr’e reasonably priced, and such a fun experience going to the various stores and selecting your Jap dish!

• alongcameaspydr posted on October 3, 2009 at 6:47 am

Fresh scallops and salmon… drool!

• beverly posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Yum, I love tempura.

• beverly posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:12 pm

• beverly posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:12 pm

• starbucksweetie posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:25 am

Yum, I love tempura.

• ichabunni posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:26 am

ooo i’ll definitely check this out next time i’m in Singapore!

• beverly posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:14 pm

• beverly posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:14 pm

• ichabunni posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:26 am

ooo i’ll definitely check this out next time i’m in Singapore!

• alongcameaspydr posted on October 3, 2009 at 6:47 am

Fresh scallops and salmon… drool!

• beverly posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Heh that was my face… I ADORE sashimi

• beverly posted on October 3, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Heh that was my face… I ADORE sashimi

• alongcameaspydr posted on October 3, 2009 at 6:47 am

Fresh scallops and salmon… drool!

• thefragrantelf posted on October 4, 2009 at 11:13 pm

Everything looks delectable…another place to try!

• beverly posted on October 5, 2009 at 9:17 am

Such a shame we couldn’t have had a 2-week holiday in SG together, heh, then we could’ve eaten our way round the city!

• thefragrantelf posted on October 5, 2009 at 11:45 am

That would have been so much fun!

• thefragrantelf posted on October 4, 2009 at 11:13 pm

Everything looks delectable…another place to try!

• beverly posted on October 5, 2009 at 9:17 am

• thefragrantelf posted on October 5, 2009 at 11:45 am

That would have been so much fun!

• thefragrantelf posted on October 5, 2009 at 11:45 am

That would have been so much fun!

• beverly posted on October 5, 2009 at 9:17 am

• thefragrantelf posted on October 4, 2009 at 11:13 pm

Everything looks delectable…another place to try!

• princesszhing posted on October 5, 2009 at 7:36 am

one of my fav places too! 🙂 i especially love how fast they serve their food!!

oh!! i have another question i’ve been meaning to ask you! i have a good friend who’s working in shanghai and is sad cos the firewall blocked her from both blogspot and livejournal! do you have any tips how to beat the system???

• beverly posted on October 5, 2009 at 9:16 am

Can’t believe I hadn’t heard about it til recently, gah!

They can use a proxy or a vpn – ask em to do a search online to find out how to set it up 🙂

• princesszhing posted on October 5, 2009 at 9:52 am

ooohh thanks so much for the information! i will get her to give it a go! 🙂

• princesszhing posted on October 5, 2009 at 7:36 am

one of my fav places too! 🙂 i especially love how fast they serve their food!!

• beverly posted on October 5, 2009 at 9:16 am

Can’t believe I hadn’t heard about it til recently, gah!

• princesszhing posted on October 5, 2009 at 9:52 am

ooohh thanks so much for the information! i will get her to give it a go! 🙂

• princesszhing posted on October 5, 2009 at 9:52 am

ooohh thanks so much for the information! i will get her to give it a go! 🙂

• beverly posted on October 5, 2009 at 9:16 am

Can’t believe I hadn’t heard about it til recently, gah!

• princesszhing posted on October 5, 2009 at 7:36 am

one of my fav places too! 🙂 i especially love how fast they serve their food!!