FASHION, Louis Vuitton, Uncategorized LOUIS VUITTON ‘NEVERFULL’ PM BAG 28 September 2009

Whilst shopping in the new Ion Orchard in Singapore, I made a beeline for the Louis Vuitton boutique, which is huge. Absurdly, we had to queue to get in. It was jammed packed with people inside, like there was some sort of mega sale going on. Sadly, there was not. Everything was full price (LV never goes on sale), we’re in an economic recession, yet people are still merrilly buying their hearts out.

Well, if you can’t beat ’em, JOIN ‘EM! 😉

Spent over an hour with Mum trying on various bags, making the poor salesman drag down bag after bag for us to paw. He was absolutely lovely though, really attentive and patient, despite the store being so crowded and us taking up so much time. Poor Dad was left on the couch where he was so bored he eventually got up to look for us 😛 After much deliberation, Mum decided she wouldn’t get a new one after all… but I DID!!

I actually walked into the store intending to get the Louis Vuitton ‘neverfull’ PM bag. But whilst I was there, I spent ages trying on different bags, wanting to make sure I got the “perfect” one. After all that, I still ended up reverting back to the Neverfull.

I just love how it’s incredibly light but sturdy, can expand out if I need to stuff it, and has thin handles (the thick ones slide off my shoulders). I also like how it’s waterproof and won’t get dirty easily, and how there’s no huge LV logo(s) all over it. The downside is that it’s the most popular bag, so every bum on the street has it too. D’oh! It was the reason why I was looking to get another style, but in the end I decided I love the Neverfull too much 🙂

Mine’s the Damier print and whilst Mum has the identical bag, hers is the Monogram print. It’s the small PM size, because the larger ones dwarf me. It fits beautifully on my shoulder and makes the perfect, casual, everyday bag. I’M LOVING IT 🙂

The sight of just the paper bag is enough to make my heart skip a beat –
how sad is that?! 😛

Louis Vuittion ‘neverfull’ bag in Damier print

• aqualuna posted on September 28, 2009 at 4:24 am

Oohhh pretty! I wanted to get the exact bag the other day but decided not to cause my sis has the MM one and I can always borrow hers hehehe yup I’m stingy like that 😛

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 7:58 am

I agree! It’s a waste of money to buy something sooo similiar when you can just borrow. I’d do that with Mum, but she lives in a different country so that’s kinda hard 😛

• l_i_z posted on September 28, 2009 at 4:31 am

Like I said before, such a fantastic bag, congrats! 🙂

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 7:59 am

Yay that’s hon! I saw that Celest bracelet v quickly whilst I was there – I actually quite liked it but it can’t be resized 🙁 🙁

• lindi_jay posted on September 28, 2009 at 6:44 am

Love the red lining in the bag, very classy. And LOL at your description of the poor accommodating salesman and the LV carry bags – I am the same, I can’t bear to throw the bags away but don’t use them for anything, either.

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 8:02 am

The red lining is what I like about it over the Monogram version. I collect all these high-end paper bags that just sit around… but I can’t bear to throw em away either!! 😛

• jasmine_z posted on September 28, 2009 at 9:03 am

that’s something I never really understand about Singapore! There’s ALWAYS a queue outside LV, Gucci, etc. I can understand if a queue is forming outside Coach and Kate Spade. But, LV is just not something people buy everyday? :p

That aside, that’s a really lovely classic bag! Looks big enough to put quite a bit of stuffs in too! 🙂

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Yeah it’s weird! I guess people reaaaaallllyyy love to shop there 😉

• thienlan posted on September 28, 2009 at 10:36 am

so you just lined because other people lined, but you could have got that bag from any LV store on Orchard??? You’re such a good marketing target! I want to open a store just for you and Erica, I’d make a fortune :p
    Btw I’m working on the PayPal Marketing team (secondment til the end of the year) with Cheryl too, go Asian power!

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Haha that store has a queue too on the weekend, but I went to the new ION boutique to check it out, so of course would buy it there instead of walking to another store to queue up YET AGAIN just to buy the same bag 😉

Ooh you’re not on the eBay team for the next few months then going back? Will be a fun change! Matthias might move over soon to be with you girls 😉

• babyflite posted on September 29, 2009 at 5:29 pm

But I’m so not like Bev. Maybe you meant open up a store for Bev and Merrill. 😉

• aqualuna posted on September 28, 2009 at 4:24 am

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 7:58 am

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 7:58 am

• aqualuna posted on September 28, 2009 at 4:24 am

• l_i_z posted on September 28, 2009 at 4:31 am

Like I said before, such a fantastic bag, congrats! 🙂

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 7:59 am

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 7:59 am

• l_i_z posted on September 28, 2009 at 4:31 am

Like I said before, such a fantastic bag, congrats! 🙂

• Anonymous posted on September 28, 2009 at 1:29 pm

LV Bag

The old lady from downstairs has a bag remarkably similar to this one, as probably 10 other people I saw today. Funny how living in China puts “luxury goods” in the right perspective. They’re actually so ubiquitous here in their “fake form” that the brands turns completely cheap, revealing its true design.

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:46 am

Re: LV Bag

Yes sadly, China fakes so many bags.. but hilariously, most of the Chinese I see here in Shanghai carry authentic bags. It’s the tourists here that carry the fakes 😉

At least it’s easy to tell a mile off a fake, because the quality is horrendous.. especially once you know what an authentic one looks/feels like

• lindi_jay posted on September 28, 2009 at 6:44 am

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 8:02 am

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 8:02 am

• lindi_jay posted on September 28, 2009 at 6:44 am

• tiffanyx posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:16 pm

good buy! ;p

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:45 am

Heh thanks! You still considering it?

• tiffanyx posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:52 am

yes im STILL twiddling my thumbs about it! might get it end of the year as a “well-done-for-a-good-hardworking-year”! 😀 i would get the MM size though! the PM is like puny on me! >_>

did your mum sun her monogramme to get a lovely honey shade on her straps?

• mizzalaneous posted on September 28, 2009 at 4:32 pm

That bag is gorgeous and perfect for your size!

Just saw someone carry the bigger sized one on the train back home just now. You’re right, it’ll totally dwarf you! So big! Dun get it why ppl wld buy the big one to carry to work daily when they carry so little stuff cos it just look floppy and sad.

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:47 am

I know some people looove huge bags but i’ve tried and can’t seem to convert. I just end up stuffing a crapload in and killing my shoulder with the weight 😛

• pei posted on September 29, 2009 at 9:17 am

• babyflite posted on September 29, 2009 at 5:29 pm

But I’m so not like Bev. Maybe you meant open up a store for Bev and Merrill. 😉

• babyflite posted on September 29, 2009 at 5:29 pm

But I’m so not like Bev. Maybe you meant open up a store for Bev and Merrill. 😉

• thienlan posted on September 28, 2009 at 10:36 am

• popcorn_feet posted on September 28, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Ohhh, so nice! I can’t tell how big it is, though. It does look big but I guess its not normal tote size? But really a nice bag and I really do love totes…but a line? A line?

Holy cow!

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:21 am

it’s the smallest size so def not big at all, but it ‘sits’ on me perfectly 🙂

• popcorn_feet posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:47 pm

You were smart,I always get these giant bags and than fill them till they hurt me. I swear I’ll never learn.

• Anonymous posted on September 28, 2009 at 1:29 pm

LV Bag

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:46 am

Re: LV Bag

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:46 am

Re: LV Bag

• Anonymous posted on September 28, 2009 at 1:29 pm

LV Bag

• dottybunny posted on September 28, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Nice. I think I’ll somehow manage to fill it up though. 😛

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:24 am

Hehe the big one? I would too.. and then my shoulder would ache!

• tiffanyx posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:16 pm

good buy! ;p

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:45 am

Heh thanks! You still considering it?

• tiffanyx posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:52 am

did your mum sun her monogramme to get a lovely honey shade on her straps?

• tiffanyx posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:52 am

did your mum sun her monogramme to get a lovely honey shade on her straps?

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:45 am

Heh thanks! You still considering it?

• tiffanyx posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:16 pm

good buy! ;p

• mizzalaneous posted on September 28, 2009 at 4:32 pm

That bag is gorgeous and perfect for your size!

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:47 am

• pei posted on September 29, 2009 at 9:17 am

i’m guilty! 😉

• pei posted on September 29, 2009 at 9:17 am

i’m guilty! 😉

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:47 am

• mizzalaneous posted on September 28, 2009 at 4:32 pm

That bag is gorgeous and perfect for your size!

• starbucksweetie posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:32 am

I’ve always admired the neverfull tote.

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:25 am

I think it’s so lovely, I’ve wanted to get it ever since it was released. Shame it’s so common now though 🙁

• popcorn_feet posted on September 28, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Holy cow!

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:21 am

it’s the smallest size so def not big at all, but it ‘sits’ on me perfectly 🙂

• popcorn_feet posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:47 pm

• popcorn_feet posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:47 pm

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:21 am

it’s the smallest size so def not big at all, but it ‘sits’ on me perfectly 🙂

• popcorn_feet posted on September 28, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Holy cow!

• alongcameaspydr posted on September 29, 2009 at 5:51 am

Cute cute cute! I’m due for a new LV bag. It’s funny cause I kept the paper LV bags. I don’t plan on throwing them away but they are so pretty even though it’s just a simple brown bag. LOL

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 7:11 am

Oooo which one are you considering?? 🙂

Heh I collect all nice-looking paper bags. I never use em but I just like stashing em away….. weird, haha

• dottybunny posted on September 28, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Nice. I think I’ll somehow manage to fill it up though. 😛

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:24 am

Hehe the big one? I would too.. and then my shoulder would ache!

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:24 am

Hehe the big one? I would too.. and then my shoulder would ache!

• dottybunny posted on September 28, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Nice. I think I’ll somehow manage to fill it up though. 😛

• starbucksweetie posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:32 am

I’ve always admired the neverfull tote.

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:25 am

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:25 am

• starbucksweetie posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:32 am

I’ve always admired the neverfull tote.

• finding_tricia posted on September 29, 2009 at 12:39 pm

have only been to the LV store at ION o-n-c-e and it’s enough for me. the queue is madness! i went just an hour or so before they closed, to avoid the queue, haha.

how much did you pay for this baby? ive always wanted to get the neverfull but like you mentioned, everyone else seems to have it too. time to shake that thought off! :p

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:20 pm

You can check out the different prices on the different sizes on the LV website

• beverly posted on September 29, 2009 at 1:20 pm

I know! So crazy people act like it’s a cheap sale there, doh

You can check out the different prices on the different sizes on the LV website

• finding_tricia posted on September 29, 2009 at 12:39 pm

• sesylle posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:25 am

ohhhh i love this bag…it really fits good on you.. *pretty*. i should really be getting one.. how much did you get it in singapore? it’s a bit costly here in manila, philippines.. thanks.

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 6:08 am

i love how the handles don’t slip off, one of the few LV bags that don’t on me! There are different sizes to the bags so try calling LV in SG and they’ll be able to tell you prices of the various ones

• sesylle posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:25 am

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 6:08 am

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 6:08 am

• sesylle posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:25 am

• hotpinkmanolo posted on October 4, 2009 at 5:48 am

Ohhhhh! I hate you mainly because 1) you have a new LV bag and it’s so prettiful! and 2) because your LV sales guy was so nice. Ugh, the people here in Southern California LV stores and counters never seem to care when I come in.

::grumbles::

• beverly posted on October 4, 2009 at 11:15 am

Ohhh that is so silly of them, cos that would just chase customers away. GRR!

• hotpinkmanolo posted on October 4, 2009 at 5:48 am

::grumbles::

• beverly posted on October 4, 2009 at 11:15 am

Ohhh that is so silly of them, cos that would just chase customers away. GRR!

• beverly posted on October 4, 2009 at 11:15 am

Ohhh that is so silly of them, cos that would just chase customers away. GRR!

• hotpinkmanolo posted on October 4, 2009 at 5:48 am

::grumbles::

• Anonymous posted on June 6, 2011 at 5:08 am

inquiry

Don’t they give you a box when you bought this neverfull bag?
    Thank you!

• Anonymous posted on June 6, 2011 at 5:08 am

inquiry

Don’t they give you a box when you bought this neverfull bag?
    Thank you!