Honeymoon, Maldives, Uncategorized, Wedding HONEYMOON IN THE MALDIVES – a private water villa dinner 4 September 2009

The Shangri-La hosted us a private dinner whilst we were in the Maldives. It was originally meant to be a forest dinner – a table set up in the forest, complete with flowing canopy above and under a massive tree, with dozens of candles everywhere. It would have been the most enchanting and magical dinner ever, but unfortunately it seemed like it would rain, and they didn’t want to take their chances.

So we decided we would have the private dinner in our water villa instead, since the outdoor deck was sheltered in case it rain (by the way, it never did!!!). Chris was a huge fan of this idea as he wanted to be in our water villa as much as humanly possible, and he was also paranoid about mosquitoes in the forest (even though they said they have anti-repellent coils there).

There’s no other way to describe the private dining experience other than – it was like being a celebrity, or socialite.

Our waiter came and set up the table and candles for us.. transforming our deck into a glimmering dining experience – flickering candlelight and sound of waves lapping beneath. He popped open a bottle of champagne and we toasted our newly married status 🙂

The appetizers were an array of assorted breads, potato salad, green salad, assorted grilled vegetables and mushrooms. I actually filled myself up on the entrees alone! The waiter left after he served us the entrees, so we could have peace and quiet with each other. A very nice touch 🙂

20 mins later, he came back when we had finished, and was bearing a large tray laden with about 8 dishes. They were our mains. EIGHT dishes?! Yep.. you got that right! Because we didn’t have a menu to select from, the chef decided to cook up just about every meat and seafood they had, just to make sure we had something we liked, *LOL*!! Chris adored the lamb chops and wolfed them all done happily, whilst I was a huge fan of the massive tiger prawns – cooked to perfection. We obviously didn’t finish all 8 dishes, but we came verrrrry close to it – scary but true!

Half an hour later, the waiter came back to clear our dishes and came with our dessert. It was cheesecake! I normally don’t order cheesecake when I’m out, because I’m fussy with my cheesecakes. I don’t know how they figured it out, but they gave me the EXACT cheesecake that I love – soft buttery biscuit base, and very light fluffy cheesecake (don’t like the heavy/dense super cheesy type). It was like a cross between a Japanese cheesecake and an American NYC cheesecake – totally divine. We actually polished off our dessert, despite the state of our distended bellies 😉

Couples spend a lot of time together, but not often REALLY together – paying complete, undevoted attention to each other… talking about everything and laughing together with zero distraction. And that was why the dinner was so amazing… being able to feast on fine food, yet in total privacy so we could talk and laugh together under the stars. Even now, my skin feels all tingly when I think about that special dinner. How blissful we were. How happy, how content and how perfect it all was. The most perfect night to celebrate the last night of our honeymoon 🙂

Looking out at our deck

Taken from the other angle, as the waiter was still busy setting up

Happiness!

It was tres romantic 🙂

Tucking into our entrees

Yes, I actually had a salad 😉

Absolutely delicious cheesecake for dessert

Towards the end of our meal, our villa host snuck in to the bathroom (the villa is so huge that it’s at the other end and separated by 2 more doors, so we still had privacy during our dinner) and set up a “Romance bath ritual” for us. Masses of frothy bubbles in the massive stand-alone tub in the middle of the room.. and covered with roses. They lit candles all around the room and turned down the lights, so when we walked in, it just took my breath away. It was like something you see in the movies, not something you’d expect to see or have in real life!

Only one photo of the below… because the latter ones are not appropriate for public consumption. Bwahaahha 😉

• lindi_jay posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:47 am

That is soooo romantic and lovely. What a wonderful way to end a honeymoon. By the way, have you thought about spending your 1st anniversay there again (or is it too soon to ask!)?

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:51 am

It’s VERY $$ so i doubt it… more like the 10th anniversary 😛

• starbucksweetie posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:59 am

Everything is so beautiful.

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:55 am

It really was such a nice stay… i miss it terribly already!

• aqualuna posted on September 4, 2009 at 2:48 am

my skin feels tingly reading this entry!
    everything’s so beautiful… so perfect!

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:57 am

Chris did a really great job planning the perfect honeymoon.. i loved every bit of it, yayyyy!

• pebzz posted on September 4, 2009 at 3:10 am

Been reading your entries on the honeymoon, I must say its *thumbs up* make it x 100000….Heh!

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:57 am

Hee I give it that tooo! wanna go back!

• preciouslaura posted on September 4, 2009 at 4:06 am

thank you so, so much for sharing all of this with us!

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:58 am

Hopeflly it gives you some ideas on where to go for your vacation, hee!

• alongcameaspydr posted on September 4, 2009 at 4:12 am

Oh wow. I think you found heaven!!! I’m going to save my money! I definitely want to honeymoon there. You should probably see if you can rack in discounts for doing an awesome job of advertising this place. HAH

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:58 am

Yayyy will be so fun if you do, I’d love to see your pics!!

• ohprettywords posted on September 4, 2009 at 4:53 am

ooohhhh that bubble bath. WANT.

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:59 am

It was reaaallllyyy romantic, heh. I’m too lazy to draw my own bath, so this was a great treat!

• follywoolly posted on September 4, 2009 at 5:25 am

this is amazing! thanks for sharing the experience with us.. 🙂
    have a very blessed marriage beverly~ 😀

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 7:00 am

Awww thank you 🙂 Your icon is really cute, makes me smile!

• cenedrah posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:31 am

Ahh thanks so much for sharing such a romantic, beautiful experience. It also gives me some great ideas of where I’d like to go for my future honeymoon 🙂

What a perfect little piece of paradise on earth *sigh*.

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 7:01 am

Definitely recommend the Shangri-la for your honeymoon.. i’m sure you’ll love it 🙂 🙂

• Anonymous posted on September 4, 2009 at 9:19 am

WOW!

Thank you for sharing the details and photos of your honeymoon! It looks amazing! CONGRATULATIONS to you & Chris!

-Carine (http://keepmylover.com)

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Re: WOW!

Aww thanks hon, and what a wonderful site you have.. Chris and I are similiar to you guys 🙂

• lindi_jay posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:47 am

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:51 am

It’s VERY $$ so i doubt it… more like the 10th anniversary 😛

• popcorn_feet posted on September 4, 2009 at 9:53 am

That is so lovely! The deck area with the candles and the tub …it all looks heavenly! what a beautiful night….

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:37 pm

I really liked the bath ritual.. soooo romantic! 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:59 am

Everything is so beautiful.

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:55 am

It really was such a nice stay… i miss it terribly already!

• tiffanyx posted on September 4, 2009 at 10:30 am

lovely lovely end to a fab honeymoon! =)

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Sighhhh sad it is all over though! I wanna honeymoon again 😉

• tiffanyx posted on September 4, 2009 at 4:50 pm

heh, do it again next year!

• angelnotes posted on September 4, 2009 at 10:42 am

Soo sweet and perfect! It’s really nice. :DDD

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:41 pm

We had a really really lovely time.. really hope we can go back in the future 🙂

• aqualuna posted on September 4, 2009 at 2:48 am

my skin feels tingly reading this entry!
    everything’s so beautiful… so perfect!

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:57 am

• pebzz posted on September 4, 2009 at 3:10 am

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:57 am

Hee I give it that tooo! wanna go back!

• preciouslaura posted on September 4, 2009 at 4:06 am

thank you so, so much for sharing all of this with us!

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:58 am

Hopeflly it gives you some ideas on where to go for your vacation, hee!

• alongcameaspydr posted on September 4, 2009 at 4:12 am

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:58 am

Yayyy will be so fun if you do, I’d love to see your pics!!

• ohprettywords posted on September 4, 2009 at 4:53 am

ooohhhh that bubble bath. WANT.

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:59 am

• follywoolly posted on September 4, 2009 at 5:25 am

this is amazing! thanks for sharing the experience with us.. 🙂
    have a very blessed marriage beverly~ 😀

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 7:00 am

Awww thank you 🙂 Your icon is really cute, makes me smile!

• madmoneymonkey posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:45 pm

OMG! Did you really take pics that are not suitable for public consumption??? *covers eyes*

• beverly posted on September 5, 2009 at 2:03 am

Hahah noooo just kidding!

• cenedrah posted on September 4, 2009 at 6:31 am

What a perfect little piece of paradise on earth *sigh*.

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 7:01 am

• Anonymous posted on September 4, 2009 at 9:19 am

WOW!

-Carine (http://keepmylover.com)

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Re: WOW!

• popcorn_feet posted on September 4, 2009 at 9:53 am

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:37 pm

I really liked the bath ritual.. soooo romantic! 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on September 4, 2009 at 10:30 am

lovely lovely end to a fab honeymoon! =)

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Sighhhh sad it is all over though! I wanna honeymoon again 😉

• tiffanyx posted on September 4, 2009 at 4:50 pm

heh, do it again next year!

• angelnotes posted on September 4, 2009 at 10:42 am

Soo sweet and perfect! It’s really nice. :DDD

• beverly posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:41 pm

We had a really really lovely time.. really hope we can go back in the future 🙂

• madmoneymonkey posted on September 4, 2009 at 1:45 pm

• beverly posted on September 5, 2009 at 2:03 am

Hahah noooo just kidding!

• jesuisariel posted on September 5, 2009 at 3:11 pm

What a perfect end to a perfect honeymoon! And I LOL’ed at your last sentence…hehehehe 😉

• beverly posted on September 6, 2009 at 6:24 am

Hehehhe… and so far no one’s noticed half-naked Chris crouching in the corner yet 😛

• jesuisariel posted on September 7, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Ack! Didn’t see him till you mentioned it. I had to go back to check the photo to make sure you weren’t pulling my legs 😛

• jesuisariel posted on September 5, 2009 at 3:11 pm