Honeymoon, Maldives, Uncategorized, Wedding HONEYMOON IN THE MALDIVES – a private spa villa, you say? 1 September 2009

OK so I know we were already pretty relaxed having spent half a week in Shangri-La in the Maldives… but still, you never say no to a massage. Especially when it’s the CHI spa! Despite already having their own private island here, the Shangri-La also has its own spa village in the resort – complete with spacious individual treatment villas and so offering “spa within a spa” privacy and luxury. Each spa villa is stand alone and has its own private gate and enchanting garden. The spa village is situated on the highest point of the island, and so offers ocean views as you get your treatment.

I can honestly say I’ve never had a spa treatment quite like this one, and don’t think I will in a long time 😉

It’s a surreal experience having your own villa dedicated to your treatment.. complete with a large changing room with incredibly soft cashmere robes and slippers, a private bathroom, a huge treatment room, and an outdoor bath with mini waterfall and overlooking the ocean. It’s pretty magical.

We were asked to fill in a form that helped our therapist determine what Elements we were. We are both Earth and Metal! My therapist was amazing, giving me the most relaxing and luscious massage I’ve had in a long long time. So attentive and I loved how fresh and clean everything was. It was beyond relaxing and we emerged from our treatment, we seriously wanted to just run back in there 😉

Only regret? Wish we’d booked in the spa at the very start of the trip, then we could’ve booked in a 2nd treatment a few days later. One was just not enough!!

CHI spa

Woody interior based on the 4 elements – Fire, Water, Earth, Wind

Chilled towels and cool lemon water

Walking towards one of the private spa villas

Chris had to wear this disposable g-string. Many LOLs ensued 😉

A photo of Chris taking his pants off 😛

Outdoor bath in the spa villa, overlooking the Indian Ocean

• starbucksweetie posted on September 1, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Disposable g-string. Never thought I would read those words in your blog.

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Never thought Chris would ever have to wear one either.. but he had to, LMAO

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Never thought Chris would ever have to wear one either.. but he had to, LMAO

• starbucksweetie posted on September 1, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Disposable g-string. Never thought I would read those words in your blog.

• madmoneymonkey posted on September 1, 2009 at 3:02 pm

LOL! Merv had to wear one of those disposable things during our Bali spa trip too and he was most most appalled! Asked me if I wanted to have 2 massages instead, haha!

• beverly posted on September 2, 2009 at 3:15 am

ROFL chris was like that too! He looked hiiilllaaaariouussss in it.. i wanted to take pics but he wouldn’t let me 😉

• beverly posted on September 2, 2009 at 3:15 am

• madmoneymonkey posted on September 1, 2009 at 3:02 pm

• alongcameaspydr posted on September 1, 2009 at 6:24 pm

LOL Chris’ face with the disposable… um, ya know.

• beverly posted on September 2, 2009 at 3:15 am

AHahhaha poor dude, but it was so so so so funny!

• beverly posted on September 2, 2009 at 3:15 am

AHahhaha poor dude, but it was so so so so funny!

• alongcameaspydr posted on September 1, 2009 at 6:24 pm

LOL Chris’ face with the disposable… um, ya know.

• starbucksweetie posted on September 1, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Disposable g-string. Never thought I would read those words in your blog.

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Never thought Chris would ever have to wear one either.. but he had to, LMAO

• angelnotes posted on September 1, 2009 at 10:47 pm

I’m really enjoying your honeymoon entries! Keep ’em coming. 🙂

• beverly posted on September 2, 2009 at 3:21 am

WE took soooo many photos, lol! Only a few more posts to go tho 😛

• beverly posted on September 2, 2009 at 3:21 am

WE took soooo many photos, lol! Only a few more posts to go tho 😛

• angelnotes posted on September 1, 2009 at 10:47 pm

I’m really enjoying your honeymoon entries! Keep ’em coming. 🙂

• madmoneymonkey posted on September 1, 2009 at 3:02 pm

• beverly posted on September 2, 2009 at 3:15 am

• alongcameaspydr posted on September 1, 2009 at 6:24 pm

LOL Chris’ face with the disposable… um, ya know.

• beverly posted on September 2, 2009 at 3:15 am

AHahhaha poor dude, but it was so so so so funny!

• angelnotes posted on September 1, 2009 at 10:47 pm

I’m really enjoying your honeymoon entries! Keep ’em coming. 🙂

• beverly posted on September 2, 2009 at 3:21 am

WE took soooo many photos, lol! Only a few more posts to go tho 😛

• kayeby posted on September 3, 2009 at 4:25 am

Haha my husband had to wear disposable panties too! Only his were white, and after the pre-treatment shower they became translucent – he was soooo mortified.

• beverly posted on September 3, 2009 at 6:58 am

oh rofl!!!!!!!! That would’ve been hilarious, hahhaha. Chris was so so so funny walking with the *ahem* string between his *ahem* butt. hahhaha

• beverly posted on September 3, 2009 at 6:58 am