Family, Living in... Singapore, Parties, Uncategorized HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ELLIOT! 29 September 2009

It was wee ‘lil Elliot’s 1st birthday, which perfectly fell on 20/09/2009! What an awesome date to have a first birthday. The little rockstar was Mr Happy for the day, inline with the party theme of Mr Men and Little Miss. Too cute!

It’s astounding how many babies there were around… all about the same age. I also noticed one MAJOR change in me. Normally if I’m around babies/kids, I either ignore them, or actively avoid them. Generally not very into them – they are erratic and messy and kinda gross πŸ˜› But this time, for the first time ever, I reaaalllyyyy liked playing with ’em and cuddling them. Yay, I’m turning maternal!! Wouldn’t say I totally love babies yet (I really only like Elliot, but Chris says I’m biased), but I’m getting there πŸ˜‰

Anyway. So with all the kids running crazily around the place, we spent most of our time…. eating! The food was great, thanks to Merv being around. Awesome fat prawns, beef, luscious German cheese sausages and a killer mashed potato smothered in melted cheese. It was an awesome dinner πŸ™‚

Awesome table layout. Check out that CAKE!

All decked out

Mr Birthday Boy with Dad

He has a strange obsession with chewing on Dad’s collars, ALL the time!!

The outside BBQ area

Merv preparing the luscious prawns. I bought him that apron!
Took bloody ages to find it tho cos I had to buy it in China and it’s legit, haha.

Mr Happy, not looking so happy πŸ˜‰
That’s his trademark sidelong suspicious look!

Cheeeeese. A WHOLE WHEEL of it. Nom nom nom…

The beef

Cooking it up on the BBQ

Gorgeous cake! Sadly, I discovered it was Blackforest. Gross…

Happy Birthday little one!

Mum and Dad doting over Elliot – good, cos that means I don’t have
to produce a baby anytime soon πŸ˜›

A very typical photo of us πŸ˜‰
Hey, at least Chris gets to practice feeding our baby next time!

The girl on the right? She was soooo cute, came up to me and started
cuddling and talking to me, then sat on my lap.

Us!

Cheery little Mr Happy

I was given the Little Miss Dotty Tee. I have no idea why.

• angelnotes posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Haha! What is Little Miss Dotty??

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:19 am

The dotty one.. haha!

• kare2711 posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Hey Bev, can help me check where they get the cake? I love it!

• madmoneymonkey posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Hello, the cake is from Balmoral Bakery in Sunset Way!

• kare2711 posted on September 29, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Thanks! Cake is yummy?

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:20 am

It’s blackforest which I can’t stand (the cherry bits make me gag) but everyone else seemed to super enjoy it πŸ˜›

• madmoneymonkey posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:23 pm

I love your pics! So glad you were able to be in SG for the partay!! The little girl is Merv’s little niece, she is very sweet!

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:34 am

Yes good timing! Loooove how the little Miss tee is so so so so soft

• popcorn_feet posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:46 pm

awww, little kids that you’re close to are yes, adorable πŸ™‚ The ones that aren’t so close? LOL! Yes they are harder to get used to cause they are always running around, crying and dripping, right?

But your own, or other ones you love are just charming and adorable, even when they drip. Okay usually. Sometimes when they are all damp its still gross, but ya know, you still love them to pieces. Adorable pics.

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:37 am

Eeeek I hate the drips and the dampness!! Especially drool… *shudder*……………

• epson posted on September 29, 2009 at 4:12 pm

That cake looks delicious and Elliot is so adorable! Almost makes me want one of my own. Just almost!

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:37 am

Same! He makes me wanna have a baby… but only if mine is as cute πŸ˜›

• linklist posted on September 29, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Wow, you can roll your eyes like that.
    Why donΒ΄t you fancy blackforest?

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:06 am

It tastes weirrrrddd, those cherry bits… eugh!

• joni_to0622 posted on September 29, 2009 at 6:01 pm

aww..little Elliot is soo cute!! haha I want a birthday cake like that too!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:06 am

THat design was just gorgeous! So sad when we had to cut it up πŸ˜›

• angelnotes posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Haha! What is Little Miss Dotty??

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:19 am

The dotty one.. haha!

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:19 am

The dotty one.. haha!

• angelnotes posted on September 29, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Haha! What is Little Miss Dotty??

• thefragrantelf posted on September 29, 2009 at 11:10 pm

Awww, what a lovely party!!

Love your tee…heehee! And maternal…oh my! Awesome, love πŸ™‚

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:07 am

It was babies galore, totally insane, haha! I think first time ever I’ve been to such a party πŸ˜‰

• kare2711 posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Hey Bev, can help me check where they get the cake? I love it!

• madmoneymonkey posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Hello, the cake is from Balmoral Bakery in Sunset Way!

• kare2711 posted on September 29, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Thanks! Cake is yummy?

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:20 am

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:20 am

• kare2711 posted on September 29, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Thanks! Cake is yummy?

• madmoneymonkey posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Hello, the cake is from Balmoral Bakery in Sunset Way!

• kare2711 posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Hey Bev, can help me check where they get the cake? I love it!

• madmoneymonkey posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:23 pm

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:34 am

Yes good timing! Loooove how the little Miss tee is so so so so soft

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:34 am

Yes good timing! Loooove how the little Miss tee is so so so so soft

• madmoneymonkey posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:23 pm

• popcorn_feet posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:46 pm

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:37 am

Eeeek I hate the drips and the dampness!! Especially drool… *shudder*……………

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:37 am

Eeeek I hate the drips and the dampness!! Especially drool… *shudder*……………

• popcorn_feet posted on September 29, 2009 at 3:46 pm

• epson posted on September 29, 2009 at 4:12 pm

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:37 am

Same! He makes me wanna have a baby… but only if mine is as cute πŸ˜›

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 12:37 am

Same! He makes me wanna have a baby… but only if mine is as cute πŸ˜›

• epson posted on September 29, 2009 at 4:12 pm

• linklist posted on September 29, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Wow, you can roll your eyes like that.
    Why donΒ΄t you fancy blackforest?

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:06 am

It tastes weirrrrddd, those cherry bits… eugh!

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:06 am

It tastes weirrrrddd, those cherry bits… eugh!

• linklist posted on September 29, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Wow, you can roll your eyes like that.
    Why donΒ΄t you fancy blackforest?

• starbucksweetie posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:27 am

Awesome shirt. Amanda looked like she put a lot of thought into this party.

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 6:07 am

Yeah, it was an awesome theme.. i wanna steal it heh

• joni_to0622 posted on September 29, 2009 at 6:01 pm

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:06 am

THat design was just gorgeous! So sad when we had to cut it up πŸ˜›

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:06 am

THat design was just gorgeous! So sad when we had to cut it up πŸ˜›

• joni_to0622 posted on September 29, 2009 at 6:01 pm

• thefragrantelf posted on September 29, 2009 at 11:10 pm

Awww, what a lovely party!!

Love your tee…heehee! And maternal…oh my! Awesome, love πŸ™‚

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:07 am

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:07 am

• thefragrantelf posted on September 29, 2009 at 11:10 pm

Awww, what a lovely party!!

Love your tee…heehee! And maternal…oh my! Awesome, love πŸ™‚

• starbucksweetie posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:27 am

Awesome shirt. Amanda looked like she put a lot of thought into this party.

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 6:07 am

Yeah, it was an awesome theme.. i wanna steal it heh

• beverly posted on September 30, 2009 at 6:07 am

Yeah, it was an awesome theme.. i wanna steal it heh

• starbucksweetie posted on September 30, 2009 at 1:27 am

Awesome shirt. Amanda looked like she put a lot of thought into this party.

• l_i_z posted on September 30, 2009 at 2:19 pm