Honeymoon, Maldives, Uncategorized, Wedding HONEYMOON IN THE MALDIVES – the water villa 25 August 2009

After our refreshing welcome drinks, we were escorted to our water villa by buggy and given a run-down of how everything works (lots of automation and electronics!). The villa was massive, at 166sqm (!!!!). I think it’s actually bigger than our apartment back in Shanghai, *lol*. We did expect a large room, but nothing like this… It’s hands down the most luxurious room I’ve ever stayed in.. situated over the most beautiful ocean I’ve ever laid my eyes on. Hurray for Maldives 🙂

Our “villa host” was a lovely guy named Azleem, who introduced himself when we arrived and even offered to organise to have our bags unpacked for us. He would be attending to our every need during our stay in Shangri-La and it was incredible to witness his attention to detail and his ability to just make anything and everything happened. I think the whole resort is wired up to keep track of guests’ behaviour (like “Big Brother”, heh).. because he always knew when we were at breakfast, when we needed buggys, and knew when to call us in our room to enquire where he should book lunch or dinner each day. Everything was no problem to him and it was through his organising of each day that everything just fell into place (seemingly) effortlessly. It was so comforting and satisfying to know someone was looking after us – it meant we didn’t need to think or organise what we wanted to do each day – we were simply told of what was available and after making our selections, it would be all organised for us. Unbelievable service.

Do you know what else is surprising? All the staff there know each guest’s name. We’re greeted with a “Hello Mr and Mrs Burgess!” whenever they see us, so I wonder if they have photographs of all guests and spend an hour each day memorising names or something 😛 The ratio of staff-to-guest is around 4 staff to 1 guest (!!), so the service is top notch and incredibly attentive. It’s wonderful and makes for a totally worry-free honeymoon.

I won’t describe the room in detail, since you can see the photos below. Let’s just say we were more than happy to spend every day lounging in our villa 😛

Hellooooo and welcome to the Shangri-La 🙂

Buggy!!

Approaching the water villas

Our villa – Whispering Palms #19

In the entrance corridor looking left towards espresso machine and bar

Delicious loose tea leaves

Lofty high ceilings

The bedroom, with incredibly soft bed! They did a whole design of red rose petals for us,
but Chris won’t let me post a photo of it ‘cos he says it’s weird to :X

I chose the buckwheat pillow

Incense sticks

The whole villa’s Bose surround-sound enabled, right to the back where the showers are!

Bottle of champagne for us 🙂

Big walk in closet

Indoor shower with 3 (?!) types of showerheads

Main bathroom area.. with one BIG bathtub

Looking towards sink #1

Sink #2 on the opposite side. Love their taps btw!

Outdoor shower with the ocean below. Very sexy to have a shower outdoors under the moonlight..

Lots of toiletries and amenities

The outdoor deck with sunbed and table. Step down onto the
lower deck for the 2 deckchairs and hammock!

LET’S CELEBRATE!!

How we spend most evenings.. lounging outside above the ocean, listening to the waves
and surfing the internet 😛

Will post a video of it all in a bit… 🙂

• rollagirl9 posted on August 25, 2009 at 3:32 am

Woooooooooooooooooooow

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:53 am

Yours is coming up soon, only a few months to go! 😛

• rollagirl9 posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:56 am

Sadly I won’t end up in the Maldives afterwards! 😀 Can’t wait though 🙂

• missustay posted on August 25, 2009 at 3:36 am

at the ritz-carlton, they use a system of mystique to record guests’ information (preferences, special dates, etc) and disseminate them to the staff so that they can anticipate guests’ needs. but i think more hotels are using this approach to personalise their service. besides, shang is a very reputable 5-star hotel!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:54 am

Ahhh I was suspecting that! How impressive.. I guess Shangri-La does that too. It was such a nice touch, and way way way different/better than all the other 5-star places or Shangri-las I’ve been at, was sooo impressed!

• sydneyfoodie posted on August 25, 2009 at 4:32 am

the place is abosolutely amazing! You’re so lucky to be able to experience it and especially when it’s almost brand new!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:55 am

the newness (only 2 wks old when we arrived) was the best part.. hehe. I’m a sucker for new/pristine stuff 😛

• mizdivine posted on August 25, 2009 at 4:33 am

wow, this is amazing.

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:56 am

The pics get even nicer, which is just crazy! the colours just make everything look better 😛

• jesuisariel posted on August 25, 2009 at 4:46 am

*jaws drop* The water villa is amazing, Bev! Dreaming of a day when I can go there with my hubby….

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:56 am

You reallly should, for an anniversary! LOTS of families there with children.. cos it’s a wonderful place for young kids 🙂

• jesuisariel posted on August 25, 2009 at 2:49 pm

I have been talking about it with hubby as next year is our 10th wedding anniversary. Will show him the pics 😉

• wwenzz posted on August 25, 2009 at 4:59 am

Gorgeous place! Did you guys snorkel/dive?

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:00 am

Like craaaazy! we did it everyday, multiple times a day. Snorkel, that is. What were YOU thinking………. 😉

• alongcameaspydr posted on August 25, 2009 at 5:08 am

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the showers and outdoor shower.

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:01 am

I used the outdoor shower every day, heh. was so fun!

• sh4r0n posted on August 25, 2009 at 5:12 am

speechless wowwwwwwww

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:02 am

You know, every morning, like a crazy person, I got out of bed and walked outside and stared at the ocean and sky for ages. LOL!!

• Anonymous posted on August 25, 2009 at 5:46 am

how much commission do you get…

hey bev
    how much do you get on any new customer you refer to shangri la?
    if not you should definitely ask for something, given how you promote the place !! ;op

I guess you are a true ‘promoter’ of shangri la now!?

xoxo
    Arno

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:04 am

Re: how much commission do you get…

Arno! Go back and look after your wife.. she might pop any moment 😛

No commission.. poo… but we had such an amazing time I’d advertise for them for free, heh!

• thefragrantelf posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:11 am

The bath, the pillows, the view, the room….everything…WOW!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:18 pm

It was pretty sweet, I wanna go baaaaack, but go with lots of friends and we can all hang out, hehe!

• pishako posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:23 am

gorgeous.. love the resort!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:23 pm

It was the nicest place i’ve ever seen, yayy!

• hotpinkmanolo posted on August 25, 2009 at 8:10 am

It’s settled then. If I ever get to the Maldives, I’m staying there! 🙂 That’s amazing!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Yessss do, you’ll love it!

• madmoneymonkey posted on August 25, 2009 at 8:47 am

Wow it’s soooo gorgeous!!! What so weird about the red flower petals??

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:32 pm

He says it’s weirdddd to take a photo of the bed with petals on it cos it’s too romantic. Erm.. go figure

• ze_succubus posted on August 25, 2009 at 9:15 am

beautiful room! I want to be there right now 🙂

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm

I think it should be my permanent home 😉

• blairwitch posted on August 25, 2009 at 10:06 am

How breathtaking!! I want one of those villas, and I would never leave it 😛

And I want to see the red flower petals, bet it was romantic…!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Haha me too, I wish I could move it all here!

• princesszhing posted on August 25, 2009 at 10:13 am

oooo its so luxurious! i love how you can just jump right into the ocean from your room! just like in the movies!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Hee that’s what we did all day, every day!

• tiffanyx posted on August 25, 2009 at 11:26 am

i totally get whyyyy you wanna go back there and spend forever there! 😛

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Chris reckons he’d get bored but not meeeee!

• tiffanyx posted on August 26, 2009 at 12:32 am

heh i would think if its klkl he’ll be bored too.

whats with the guys?!?!?! *grins*

• rollagirl9 posted on August 25, 2009 at 3:32 am

Woooooooooooooooooooow

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:53 am

Yours is coming up soon, only a few months to go! 😛

• rollagirl9 posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:56 am

Sadly I won’t end up in the Maldives afterwards! 😀 Can’t wait though 🙂

• missustay posted on August 25, 2009 at 3:36 am

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:54 am

• renew posted on August 25, 2009 at 12:21 pm

WOW!!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Hee I was like that when we first stepped in.. Chris kept laughing at my bug eyes 😉

• sydneyfoodie posted on August 25, 2009 at 4:32 am

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:55 am

• mizdivine posted on August 25, 2009 at 4:33 am

wow, this is amazing.

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:56 am

• joni_to0622 posted on August 25, 2009 at 12:37 pm

the whole resort and its surroundings look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Twas like a dream! Will post a video soon 🙂

• jesuisariel posted on August 25, 2009 at 4:46 am

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 6:56 am

• jesuisariel posted on August 25, 2009 at 2:49 pm

• arianna_noel posted on August 25, 2009 at 12:47 pm

beautiful! just perfect! <3

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 2:34 pm

We just loved loved loved the villa! It was so picture perfect I thought i was in a dream 😛

• wwenzz posted on August 25, 2009 at 4:59 am

Gorgeous place! Did you guys snorkel/dive?

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:00 am

• alongcameaspydr posted on August 25, 2009 at 5:08 am

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the showers and outdoor shower.

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:01 am

I used the outdoor shower every day, heh. was so fun!

• sh4r0n posted on August 25, 2009 at 5:12 am

speechless wowwwwwwww

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:02 am

• Anonymous posted on August 25, 2009 at 5:46 am

how much commission do you get…

hey bev
    how much do you get on any new customer you refer to shangri la?

I guess you are a true ‘promoter’ of shangri la now!?

xoxo
    Arno

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:04 am

Re: how much commission do you get…

Arno! Go back and look after your wife.. she might pop any moment 😛

• thefragrantelf posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:11 am

The bath, the pillows, the view, the room….everything…WOW!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:18 pm

• pishako posted on August 25, 2009 at 7:23 am

gorgeous.. love the resort!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:23 pm

It was the nicest place i’ve ever seen, yayy!

• hotpinkmanolo posted on August 25, 2009 at 8:10 am

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Yessss do, you’ll love it!

• madmoneymonkey posted on August 25, 2009 at 8:47 am

Wow it’s soooo gorgeous!!! What so weird about the red flower petals??

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:32 pm

• ze_succubus posted on August 25, 2009 at 9:15 am

beautiful room! I want to be there right now 🙂

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm

I think it should be my permanent home 😉

• silver_crv posted on August 25, 2009 at 5:38 pm

awwesome and lovely!!!

• blairwitch posted on August 25, 2009 at 10:06 am

How breathtaking!! I want one of those villas, and I would never leave it 😛

And I want to see the red flower petals, bet it was romantic…!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Haha me too, I wish I could move it all here!

• princesszhing posted on August 25, 2009 at 10:13 am

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Hee that’s what we did all day, every day!

• tiffanyx posted on August 25, 2009 at 11:26 am

i totally get whyyyy you wanna go back there and spend forever there! 😛

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Chris reckons he’d get bored but not meeeee!

• tiffanyx posted on August 26, 2009 at 12:32 am

heh i would think if its klkl he’ll be bored too.

whats with the guys?!?!?! *grins*

• renew posted on August 25, 2009 at 12:21 pm

WOW!!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 2:31 pm

• joni_to0622 posted on August 25, 2009 at 12:37 pm

the whole resort and its surroundings look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Twas like a dream! Will post a video soon 🙂

• arianna_noel posted on August 25, 2009 at 12:47 pm

beautiful! just perfect! <3

• beverly posted on August 25, 2009 at 2:34 pm

• starbucksweetie posted on August 26, 2009 at 1:11 am

Everything is gorgeous. I love how on vacation, you don’t even have to think.

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 1:25 am

So true.. it’s the first time, usually we’re b usy planning and figuring stuff out. It was nice to sit back and relax!

• silver_crv posted on August 25, 2009 at 5:38 pm

awwesome and lovely!!!

• starbucksweetie posted on August 26, 2009 at 1:11 am

Everything is gorgeous. I love how on vacation, you don’t even have to think.

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 1:25 am

• emmakins888 posted on August 26, 2009 at 10:54 am

Your honeymoon suite looks heavenly! I know where I want to be one day 🙂

• emmakins888 posted on August 26, 2009 at 10:54 am

Your honeymoon suite looks heavenly! I know where I want to be one day 🙂

• samm_on posted on August 2, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Awesome! You really had the perfect honeymoon, you found the perfect place for that. It’s the first time I hear about the pillow menu, I was quite surprised to see it actually. I would have probably went for memory foam pillow, I recently discovered the wonders of memory foam, I got a discount tempurpedic and I’ve been having better sleep ever since then. Thanks for sharing the pics, they are truly wonderful.

• samm_on posted on August 2, 2010 at 2:58 pm