Honeymoon, Maldives, Uncategorized, Wedding HONEYMOON IN THE MALDIVES – snorkelling away 27 August 2009

Our “villa host” Azleem arranged a snorkelling trip for us, on a perfectly clear, sunny day. A couple of us took a boat out, and I was delighted that the boat was new, white and sparkling. One thing I totally freaks me out about snorkelling/scuba diving is that the boats are a bit dirty, with non-perfect-white floors. It’s just this weird ‘thing’ I have.. I get really really really grossed out and squeamish when my bare feet touch non-perfectly clean ground – yes, I’m crazy! But the boat was totally clean and pristine, and the cushions were also in perfect condition and clean (also get freaked out when they’re stained or a bit damp). Woohoo!!

Once on board, we were given cool towels to refresh ourselves, and each time after snorkelling. Fresh, chilled water and a fresh water shower was also provided. It’s these little things that really matter.. and made the snorkelling trip fantastic 🙂 Totally enjoyed ourselves and we were astounded by the incredibly visibility of the waters – all clear azure and full of brilliantly coloured fish. I’ve snorkelled many times before, but NEVER anything like this. Not by a long shot. I loved the warm waters (no shivering and squawking trying to get in!), the ability to look right down onto the ocean floor, and swim amongst the fish. It was magical 🙂

4 hours from 10:30PM to past 2PM… and we applied sunscreen FIVE times. Unfortunately, we must’ve missed parts like Chris’ lower back and my butt… because HOLY CRAP WE WERE BURNT! Didn’t realise/feel it ’til the evening when it all flared up and we turned bright red. The next day, I was so sore I couldn’t even sit down… my poor bottom 🙁 Moaned pitifully to Azleem and a little later, he appeared at our villa with some medicated gel from the clinic – how sweet! Man we’re idiots though. But I don’t know how it could’ve happened, so angry because the next day was spent feeling sorry for ourselves and not being able to move/sit!

At least the pain was worth it, heh, ‘cos the snorkelling and swimming was excellent 🙂

On the boat sailing out to one of the many coral reefs

Beauuuuutiful water!

I’m on top of the world!! Or at least the yacht.

HULLO!

Fishie. Yeah I know, our camera sucked.. the water’s actually perfectly clear (not murky and dark as in the pic)

2 fat fishes 😉

Chris farts bubbles from the wrong end

OMG SEXY

Buh-bye!

Heading home after hours of snorkelling….

….where we swam some more outside our water villa 🙂

What does 4 hours swimming in the middle of the day get you? A friggin’ painful sunburn!!!

And thus we spent most of the remaining days lounging around and… sleeping 😛

View from the hut by the pool. Yes, that guy is wearing a g-string.
WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN

• desireless posted on August 27, 2009 at 10:44 pm

Wow, that water is so amazingly blue and clear! I tried snorkelling and I sucked at it! Looks like you guys had fun, though. 🙂

And ALMOST-BUM shot!

• beverly posted on August 27, 2009 at 11:48 pm

Snorkelling does take a lil bit of getting used to! And you gotta watch out for the sun on your bum when you snorkell – i know that NOW 😉

• beverly posted on August 27, 2009 at 11:48 pm

• desireless posted on August 27, 2009 at 10:44 pm

And ALMOST-BUM shot!

• exhileration posted on August 28, 2009 at 1:40 am

The pics look amazing!!!! That water looks incredible. Ugh for the sunburn!! I got a bad one on my cruise last year 🙁

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:08 am

Sunburns are soooo horrid. Chris was so so so bad he couldn’t touch his entire back and it all peeled off so scarily. arghh

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:08 am

• exhileration posted on August 28, 2009 at 1:40 am

• irene82 posted on August 28, 2009 at 1:58 am

The last time I went to the beach, we were looking for “the guy in the nude thong” who was there the previous year. Too bad we couldn’t find him! LOL

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:09 am

Hhah thank goodness you didn’t. WHY would people wear that sorta thing?!??!

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:09 am

Hhah thank goodness you didn’t. WHY would people wear that sorta thing?!??!

• irene82 posted on August 28, 2009 at 1:58 am

• sintart posted on August 28, 2009 at 4:45 am

Fat fishes? No way, you guys are skinny! 🙂
    Love the photos & Maldives look incredibly gorgeous
    You have an amazing amount of swimware!

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:41 am

Nah compared to the little streamline fish, we were massive honking monsters… haha!

I have 4 swimsuits and brought ’em all 😉

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:41 am

I have 4 swimsuits and brought ’em all 😉

• sintart posted on August 28, 2009 at 4:45 am

Fat fishes? No way, you guys are skinny! 🙂
    Love the photos & Maldives look incredibly gorgeous
    You have an amazing amount of swimware!

• mizzalaneous posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:01 am

Omg, why is that guy even wearing a gstring? It has no positive effect on females, or do they? *squirm*

Is this spanning over a few days? Cos in one photo, u’re wearing a turquoise bottom. Haha.

Anyway, the water looks so clean, safe and inviting. I’m not a sea person either. =p

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:42 am

Hellooooo, don’t you bring a change of swimsuit and wear a few when you go out swimming?? 😉 Nah just kidding, it was taken on another day!

And I KNOW about that gstring!! the mind boggles over what possessed him to do that…

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:42 am

• mizzalaneous posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:01 am

• princesszhing posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:27 am

i love your bikinis! 🙂 they are all so floral and flouncy!

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Well 2 of the 4 are! And the other 2 are plain but I love em all, haha. Just never ever wear them cos I don’t like going into the water.. so the Maldives was a rare occasion where I actually wore them 😛

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:05 pm

• princesszhing posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:27 am

i love your bikinis! 🙂 they are all so floral and flouncy!

• silentphrases posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:31 am

That pic of you on the boat seems so retro and classy!

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:07 pm

I made it into an icon! 😛 It was seriously soooo nice sitting up the top and taking in the view. I miss it 🙁

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:07 pm

• silentphrases posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:31 am

That pic of you on the boat seems so retro and classy!

• desireless posted on August 27, 2009 at 10:44 pm

And ALMOST-BUM shot!

• beverly posted on August 27, 2009 at 11:48 pm

• popcorn_feet posted on August 28, 2009 at 9:16 am

oh ow ow ow! That explains how your butt got burned. Yes, the water will amplify the suns rays i think. That must have been a terrible place to get a burn and I almost jumped up from my computer chair when I saw the pic! lol

And oh I think I saw your wedding band in another post and its beautiful on… glad that all worked out for you…

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:08 pm

A burnt bottom is soooooo bad. It makes it so hard to sit down, arghhhhhh! And the pic made it looked just tanned too, it was so much worse in real life. I didn’t take a pic of chris’ sunburn cos it’d seriously horrify people here 😛

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:08 pm

• popcorn_feet posted on August 28, 2009 at 9:16 am

• exhileration posted on August 28, 2009 at 1:40 am

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:08 am

• irene82 posted on August 28, 2009 at 1:58 am

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:09 am

Hhah thank goodness you didn’t. WHY would people wear that sorta thing?!??!

• sintart posted on August 28, 2009 at 4:45 am

Fat fishes? No way, you guys are skinny! 🙂
    Love the photos & Maldives look incredibly gorgeous
    You have an amazing amount of swimware!

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:41 am

I have 4 swimsuits and brought ’em all 😉

• mizzalaneous posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:01 am

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 5:42 am

• thefragrantelf posted on August 28, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Ow. Poor sunburn!

LOL at g-string dude!

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:09 pm

We were both amused and horrified all at the same time.. but we couldn’t stop looking!!!!! 😛

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:09 pm

• thefragrantelf posted on August 28, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Ow. Poor sunburn!

LOL at g-string dude!

• princesszhing posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:27 am

i love your bikinis! 🙂 they are all so floral and flouncy!

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:05 pm

• silentphrases posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:31 am

That pic of you on the boat seems so retro and classy!

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:07 pm

• tiffanyx posted on August 28, 2009 at 4:06 pm

i love checking the fishes out in their habitat!!

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:11 pm

we coudln’t capture it on our shitty camera unfortunately but it was soo nice to see tons and tons of fish around and swimming in and out of the coral!

• tiffanyx posted on August 29, 2009 at 1:55 am

you guys can consider taking up diving to see more fishes up close! 😀

• tiffanyx posted on August 29, 2009 at 1:55 am

you guys can consider taking up diving to see more fishes up close! 😀

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:11 pm

• tiffanyx posted on August 28, 2009 at 4:06 pm

i love checking the fishes out in their habitat!!

• popcorn_feet posted on August 28, 2009 at 9:16 am

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:08 pm

• fuchsiacow posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:45 pm

I had to laugh at the last sentence. Darn, it’s forever engraved in your mind now. But such a wonderful honeymoon! 🙂

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 3:56 am

Hahah I know, we couldn’t help but STARE as his bare butt, even though it made us die a little inside.

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 3:56 am

• fuchsiacow posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:45 pm

• thefragrantelf posted on August 28, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Ow. Poor sunburn!

LOL at g-string dude!

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:09 pm

• tiffanyx posted on August 28, 2009 at 4:06 pm

i love checking the fishes out in their habitat!!

• beverly posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:11 pm

• tiffanyx posted on August 29, 2009 at 1:55 am

you guys can consider taking up diving to see more fishes up close! 😀

• fuchsiacow posted on August 28, 2009 at 6:45 pm

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 3:56 am

• blairwitch posted on August 29, 2009 at 2:46 pm

The last caption is gold 🙂

The snorkelling looks like so much fun, sorry you got so sunburnt though! Years ago the top of my feet got horribly burnt at the beach (because I forgot to apply sunscreen) and I couldn’t wear shoes for about 2 weeks. So I can feel the pain you must have felt when you couldn’t sit down!

Also, I really love your sunnies!

• beverly posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:32 am

I normally wouldn’t really be for snorkelling.. but it was soooo nice in the maldives. But OUCH tops of your feet would be paaaainful! Urk now I know to put sunscreen on my bum too.. haha

• beverly posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:32 am

• blairwitch posted on August 29, 2009 at 2:46 pm

The last caption is gold 🙂

Also, I really love your sunnies!

• blairwitch posted on August 29, 2009 at 2:46 pm

The last caption is gold 🙂

Also, I really love your sunnies!

• beverly posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:32 am