Honeymoon, Maldives, Uncategorized, Wedding HONEYMOON IN THE MALDIVES – room service for lazy people 29 August 2009

Many of our hours were spent lying around in the room – on the bed watching dvds, outside on the day bed, out on the deck chairs, lounging on the hammock. Perfect, idyllic bliss 🙂 So much so that we couldn’t be bothered leaving to get something to eat… and so….. room service it was! I’m usually not a big fan of room service.. tends to be overpriced and mediocre quality. But the Shangri-La converted me with their fantastic room service, with dishes brought in thick stoneware to keep them warm, and set it all up beautifully in our room.

Their food is excellent too. Best of all, their pizza! Large portions totally laden with lots of soft cheese……. mmm. And we ADORED their fries. I think we ate fries every single day. Sometimes twice a day. Plain fries. Fries dunked in mayonnaise. Fries dunked in tomato sauce. Fries dunked in the ocean. Okay, I may be kidding on that last one..

Great, comfort food for lazy people 😉 It’s fantastic to just lounge about on the bed, watching movies, and having some great food. It’s totally changed my impression of room service now.

Lounging out on the day bed

Salami felino, caramelised onions, chilli and buffalo mozzarella

Vegetables cooked with curry spices, in filo pastry and served with natural yoghurt and mint dip
Pasta tossed with baby shrimps, asparagus, capers, parsley and olive oil

Green mango salad with peanuts, chilli, basil and shaved red onions

Smoked gazpacho with gruyere and basil toast

Lunch on the day bed, followed by a quick dip in the ocean

Enjoying newlywed bliss 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on August 29, 2009 at 4:16 am

wah the pizza is like yums!

you are making me wanna head to shangrila @ maldives pronto!!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 6:11 am

we kept ordering the pizzas… they were sooo good :)~

• tiffanyx posted on August 29, 2009 at 1:54 pm

just wondering ah, babe- room service is charged separately wan right???

• tiffanyx posted on August 29, 2009 at 1:54 pm

just wondering ah, babe- room service is charged separately wan right???

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 6:11 am

we kept ordering the pizzas… they were sooo good :)~

• tiffanyx posted on August 29, 2009 at 4:16 am

wah the pizza is like yums!

you are making me wanna head to shangrila @ maldives pronto!!

• starbucksweetie posted on August 29, 2009 at 4:28 am

Wow, the food is restaurant quality.

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 6:12 am

It was all really REALLY good. i’m going to be sooo critical of regular room service now 😉

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 6:12 am

• starbucksweetie posted on August 29, 2009 at 4:28 am

Wow, the food is restaurant quality.

• divad posted on August 29, 2009 at 7:18 am

oooh….. I’m tossing up between Bora and Maldives..

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:12 pm

A vote for Maldives for sure! 😛 But it’s more $$ than Bora so if you want to save then Bora’s better.. and I think it’s super lovely too 🙂

• divad posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:39 am

yeh… I understand the price 🙂 was the first thing I looked at – although, transfers to Bora’s actually alot more expensive because there’s no direct flights to Bora… and it’s about 200+ km away from the main Tahiti Island…

Then I was thinking….. isn’t Maldives sinking? So if I don’t see it now, then my kids probably won’t be able to see it as it is now in the future…

• divad posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:39 am

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:12 pm

• divad posted on August 29, 2009 at 7:18 am

oooh….. I’m tossing up between Bora and Maldives..

• madmoneymonkey posted on August 29, 2009 at 7:34 am

Man, who needs to go out with a room like that!!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Hehe ya, it’s why we just vegged in the room all day. I wanna go back!!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Hehe ya, it’s why we just vegged in the room all day. I wanna go back!!

• madmoneymonkey posted on August 29, 2009 at 7:34 am

Man, who needs to go out with a room like that!!

• oh_ayana posted on August 29, 2009 at 8:45 am

BEAUTIFUL view AND food

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:18 pm

I loved that they had such good food there.. one of my top priorities in a hotel, heh!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:18 pm

• oh_ayana posted on August 29, 2009 at 8:45 am

BEAUTIFUL view AND food

• sw4y posted on August 29, 2009 at 9:29 am

Im loving all these post wedding updates, I cant wait to see the wedding photos!

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm

The wedding pics will take ages.. doh!
      thank you for your well wishes, you’re so sweet 🙂

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm

The wedding pics will take ages.. doh!
      thank you for your well wishes, you’re so sweet 🙂

• sw4y posted on August 29, 2009 at 9:29 am

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

• thefragrantelf posted on August 29, 2009 at 10:23 am

Pizza looks amazing!!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm

It was freakin’ gooooooood! I miss good pizza 🙁

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm

It was freakin’ gooooooood! I miss good pizza 🙁

• thefragrantelf posted on August 29, 2009 at 10:23 am

Pizza looks amazing!!

• tiffanyx posted on August 29, 2009 at 4:16 am

wah the pizza is like yums!

you are making me wanna head to shangrila @ maldives pronto!!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 6:11 am

we kept ordering the pizzas… they were sooo good :)~

• tiffanyx posted on August 29, 2009 at 1:54 pm

just wondering ah, babe- room service is charged separately wan right???

• starbucksweetie posted on August 29, 2009 at 4:28 am

Wow, the food is restaurant quality.

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 6:12 am

• divad posted on August 29, 2009 at 7:18 am

oooh….. I’m tossing up between Bora and Maldives..

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:12 pm

• divad posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:39 am

• madmoneymonkey posted on August 29, 2009 at 7:34 am

Man, who needs to go out with a room like that!!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Hehe ya, it’s why we just vegged in the room all day. I wanna go back!!

• oh_ayana posted on August 29, 2009 at 8:45 am

BEAUTIFUL view AND food

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:18 pm

• sw4y posted on August 29, 2009 at 9:29 am

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm

The wedding pics will take ages.. doh!
      thank you for your well wishes, you’re so sweet 🙂

• blushingpink posted on August 29, 2009 at 5:44 pm

That food looks so good! Hope you’re having fun

• beverly posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:33 am

Good food always makes a great holiday…. haha!

• beverly posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:33 am

Good food always makes a great holiday…. haha!

• blushingpink posted on August 29, 2009 at 5:44 pm

That food looks so good! Hope you’re having fun

• thefragrantelf posted on August 29, 2009 at 10:23 am

Pizza looks amazing!!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2009 at 12:19 pm

It was freakin’ gooooooood! I miss good pizza 🙁

• alongcameaspydr posted on August 29, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Oh wow. The food, especially the pizza has my tummy rumbling! The last picture is the cutest!!!

• beverly posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:34 am

I like that one too.. we look really relaxed 🙂

• beverly posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:34 am

I like that one too.. we look really relaxed 🙂

• alongcameaspydr posted on August 29, 2009 at 6:52 pm

• blushingpink posted on August 29, 2009 at 5:44 pm

That food looks so good! Hope you’re having fun

• beverly posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:33 am

Good food always makes a great holiday…. haha!

• alongcameaspydr posted on August 29, 2009 at 6:52 pm

• beverly posted on August 30, 2009 at 2:34 am

I like that one too.. we look really relaxed 🙂

• Anonymous posted on August 30, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Enjoy

Beverly, you are learning the art of doing nothing in the land of no news no shoes. Would recommend to have day out to explore the near by islands like Hithadhoo and Gan Island. http://www.maldivesresortislands.com

• beverly posted on August 31, 2009 at 12:13 am

Re: Enjoy

We really REALLY wanted to explore Gan on the Bicycle Tour that was organised for us.. but unfortunately were too burnt to ride a bicycle and when we recovered, the tour wasn’t on again before we left:(

• beverly posted on August 31, 2009 at 12:13 am