Friends, Parties, Uncategorized BISTRO LATITUDE 30 May 2009

Drinks at Bistro Latitude on Friday night! It’s a trendy bar that’s allllmost a club, apart from the fact that there’s no dancefloor. Instead, there’s a guy playing a saxophone with a DJ in the background. Pretty cool, except they turn up the speakers WAY TOO LOUD, I assume so the people out on the balcony can here the music. Unfortunately for the people inside (like us), it’s deafening and you literally can’t hear what people are saying. Plus it gave me a headache (yes, I know I sound like a cranky old lady, but it’s true!).

Latitude has a great, chill vibe, and is expat central – I don’t recall seeing any locals there. Their famous drink is, apparently, the Lychee Martini. However, quite frankly, it was pretty terrible. We ordered 6-7 of these for our first round of drinks, and every single person wrinkled their nose upon first sip – they were spiked with a LOT of lemon juice, so they were sour and not lychee-like at all. Plus, they didn’t even come with a lychee-on-a-stick!!!! EVERY SINGLE Lychee Martini I’ve had in my life does, I’m not sure why they needed to save costs so badly they couldn’t afford a lychee, considering the drinks aren’t cheap? Fortunately, they were saved by their Kiwi Martinis, which were flat-out awesome. Yum.

Chris ordered a round of 14 Vodka shots for the table, and when the bill came to him, it was for 160?. Impossibly low, and he felt like being honest and pointed it out to the bar manager, who thanked him and corrected it. He then proceed to give us an extra free shot – hurray! Upon downing them, he came back round with a bottle of vodka and poured out 15 more shots – all complimentary. How lovely is that?!?! It really impressed everyone and made our night 🙂 So there’s a moral right there for you – be honest and you’ll get good karma in return 🙂

Saxophone guy at Bistro Latitude

Waiting for our first round of drinks

I look like crap, but Chris looks so good here!

The tres bizzaro Lychee Martinis

Hurray for VODKA SHOTS!

Cheers!

2nd round of free shots 🙂

Hee

Bongo dudes, who were promoting… something?

• arianna_noel posted on May 30, 2009 at 3:44 pm

look at you!!! i’m so jealous!! like i alwasy am, but it looks like you had a BLASTT, and free shots? sweeeett~

• beverly posted on May 31, 2009 at 3:19 am

It was nice of the guy to give us free shots! All thanks to Chris being honest, hehe

• tiffanyx posted on May 30, 2009 at 4:26 pm

yucko lychee martini-s! the colour look wrong too!!

well done for being honest, chris! 🙂

• beverly posted on May 31, 2009 at 3:28 am

Yeah I don’t think I’ll be ordering those lychee ones again, but the kiwi ones = yum!

• tiffanyx posted on May 31, 2009 at 2:06 pm

kiwi is exotic! didnt know can have such flavour!

• arianna_noel posted on May 30, 2009 at 3:44 pm

• beverly posted on May 31, 2009 at 3:19 am

• tiffanyx posted on May 30, 2009 at 4:26 pm

yucko lychee martini-s! the colour look wrong too!!

well done for being honest, chris! 🙂

• beverly posted on May 31, 2009 at 3:28 am

• tiffanyx posted on May 31, 2009 at 2:06 pm

kiwi is exotic! didnt know can have such flavour!

• Anonymous posted on May 31, 2009 at 4:28 am

Hmmm I read a review of this place and some of your complaints were echoed there. Sounds to me a little like a Chinese run place trying its best to be western. Many examples of that in China. I think I’ll give this place a miss.

WoAi.

• beverly posted on May 31, 2009 at 8:45 am

Ohhh was it a complaint about the lychee martinis too? I wish I’d known, cos then we wouldn’t have ordered 7 of them, d’oh! The Kiwi ones were amazingggg though, and the service was great 🙂

• Anonymous posted on May 31, 2009 at 10:02 am

Actually it was about the loud music:

“Unfortunately there was a DJ playing and frankly the music was so loud we couldnt talk, didnt order a drink and headed downstairs for dinner. Couldnt believe that the same music upstairs was being piped into the restaurant, again loud and totally unsuitable for a meal.”

Hey I registered for OpenID so I don’t have to be anonymous and yet I don’t have to register for a Livejournal blog, yay!

• beverly posted on May 31, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Yeah the music was DEAFENING and actually really hurt…

That openID thing is so cool, never knew you could do that!

• Anonymous posted on May 31, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Yeah I was just poking around and found the OpenID thing, failing that I was going to start a Livejournal blog with just one post pointing back to my other blog which would have been silly.

• Anonymous posted on May 31, 2009 at 4:28 am

WoAi.

• beverly posted on May 31, 2009 at 8:45 am

• Anonymous posted on May 31, 2009 at 10:02 am

Actually it was about the loud music:

• beverly posted on May 31, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Yeah the music was DEAFENING and actually really hurt…

That openID thing is so cool, never knew you could do that!

• Anonymous posted on May 31, 2009 at 3:11 pm