FASHION, Uncategorized SHOPPING AWAY 29 April 2009

Random things I’ve bought recently… I’ve actually been pretty good on the shopping front, mostly because I’m so busy I don’t have much time to hit the shops, and also because it’s not that easy to get hold of the brands I like in China. Chris is in Seattle right now and has a big Sephora shopping list that I gave him…. hehehhehehe.

Swarovski crystal hairclip – the shop seriously had about 100 of
these lil babies. Took me forever to pick just one out!

Shiseido foundation – this is AMAZING. Looks incredibly natural
yet gives the coverage I want. The texture is non-greasy, light
and feels lovely on the skin. Loving it!

OK i know this is a really freaky and ugly photo, but wanted to
show the foundation on (with no other makeup on the face)

Fabulous Kiss Me prima doll powder. Translucent with the subtlest hint of shimmer.
Truly mattifying and looks awesome on top of the Shiseido foundation

I bought 2 of these Logitech MX Revolution.
A worthwhile investment since I use the computer SO much. Best mouse ever.

Bought a Barbie top. Kitschy as hell, but it’s INCREDIBLY soft
and I love the hot pink!

Rockport Gracelyn – incredibly soft, and look all cool and shiny

Nike Air Zoom Explosion – the lightest shoe I’ve ever held, so I was sold. Plus, cute colour!

Nike Women’s Air Zoom Hot Shot
Love how it’s so airy, with holes everywhere. Will be a great walking shoe.

• starbucksweetie posted on April 29, 2009 at 11:08 am

I always enjoy your shopping posts.

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:02 pm

They’re so much less frequent now that I’m here, a bit sad

• arianna_noel posted on April 29, 2009 at 11:57 am

i LOVe everything on this list, and i’m so jealous.
    is that a freaking barbie STORE

oh my god.

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:03 pm

It is… 6 floors worth, believe it or not!

• pishako posted on April 29, 2009 at 12:09 pm

thought there’s a sephora at central road?

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:05 pm

Yeah but it’s kinda pathetic.. not much in there at all and mostly the common stuff like Clinique/EL/Clarins

• sintart posted on April 29, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Is the Shiseido foundation available in other countries? I’ve never seen that particular packaging and you’ve gotten me keen on trying it

ps – I got hooked onto the Deja Vu fibrewig mascara you recommended a while back!

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:06 pm

i have no idea since i’m normally not a Shiseido user, but I bet eBay will have it!
      I’m a big fan of that mascara still 🙂

• angelnotes posted on April 29, 2009 at 1:00 pm

AHHH…love your hairclip! Soo pretty. 😀

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:14 pm

It took ages to pick it out, but I’m loving it 🙂

• cenedrah posted on April 29, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Awesome foundation! What’s the full name? Integrate Gracy? Is it available outside of Asia?

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Yep that’s it! Dunno if it’s available but you can try eBay?

• l_i_z posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I love Shiseido’s new lipsticks, I haven’t tried their foundation though. The colour looks fantastic!

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:17 pm

First time I’ve tried the foundation too – i’m impressed! Feels light but gives great coverage

• tiffanyx posted on April 29, 2009 at 3:53 pm

the prima doll powder looks cool!

• starbucksweetie posted on April 29, 2009 at 11:08 am

I always enjoy your shopping posts.

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:02 pm

They’re so much less frequent now that I’m here, a bit sad

• arianna_noel posted on April 29, 2009 at 11:57 am

i LOVe everything on this list, and i’m so jealous.
    is that a freaking barbie STORE

oh my god.

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:03 pm

It is… 6 floors worth, believe it or not!

• pishako posted on April 29, 2009 at 12:09 pm

thought there’s a sephora at central road?

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:05 pm

• sintart posted on April 29, 2009 at 12:59 pm

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:06 pm

I’m a big fan of that mascara still 🙂

• angelnotes posted on April 29, 2009 at 1:00 pm

AHHH…love your hairclip! Soo pretty. 😀

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:14 pm

It took ages to pick it out, but I’m loving it 🙂

• cenedrah posted on April 29, 2009 at 1:41 pm

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Yep that’s it! Dunno if it’s available but you can try eBay?

• l_i_z posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:11 pm

• beverly posted on April 29, 2009 at 2:17 pm

• tiffanyx posted on April 29, 2009 at 3:53 pm

the prima doll powder looks cool!

• claricetan posted on April 30, 2009 at 5:43 am

Is that another line from shiseido or shishedo shiseido ?
    The coverage does look really good.. wander if sg carries them :)..

BTW, I really like your nails 🙂

• beverly posted on April 30, 2009 at 11:34 am

Hmm not sure, perhaps it’s in the Asian range? I’ mso impressed with it. Never thought I’d go for cream foundations, but this one is different 🙂

• satin_lily posted on April 30, 2009 at 6:43 am

the barbie top is adorable!

• beverly posted on April 30, 2009 at 11:34 am

It’s realy really really really soft, I love it! Plus the colour is insane 😛

• blairwitch posted on April 30, 2009 at 11:04 am

Are you really not wearing any other makeup? Your cheeks look amazingly rosy and lips look very pigmented and juicy! Such good skin, I am jealous! If I just wore foundation with nothing else on, I would look like a ghost.

The foundation looks great though, but I often hear good things about shiseido foundation.

• beverly posted on April 30, 2009 at 11:44 am

Errr not so in real life, I think it’s just the soft lighting haha. I do have clear lipbalm on so that’s why my lips are a bit shiny.

I’ve never used Shiseido before, so impressed with it 🙂

• claricetan posted on April 30, 2009 at 5:43 am

Is that another line from shiseido or shishedo shiseido ?
    The coverage does look really good.. wander if sg carries them :)..

BTW, I really like your nails 🙂

• beverly posted on April 30, 2009 at 11:34 am

• satin_lily posted on April 30, 2009 at 6:43 am

the barbie top is adorable!

• beverly posted on April 30, 2009 at 11:34 am

It’s realy really really really soft, I love it! Plus the colour is insane 😛

• blairwitch posted on April 30, 2009 at 11:04 am

• beverly posted on April 30, 2009 at 11:44 am

I’ve never used Shiseido before, so impressed with it 🙂

• Anonymous posted on April 30, 2009 at 10:15 pm

That mouse looks very tempting. How much will that set me back? How come you bought two? One in each hand?

This is Wo_Ai by the way (http://blog.friday-nite.com).

• beverly posted on May 1, 2009 at 2:22 am

it’s about 600RMB on Taobao, and about 800RMB in the shops here I think. WELL worth it. I’m a tech geek and am on the computer 24/7, so I have huge probs with my wrist. I have one for home, one for work now. It’s brilliant 🙂

• Anonymous posted on May 1, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Ah yes, I didn’t think of that. And yeah, watch out for RSI type problems. Perhaps take a break from shopping on Taobao and go out for a walk in the real shops every now and then!

Oh, I’m in HK. It’s SO nice to be able to access your blog without jumping through lots of proxy hoops!

Still won’t let me give my blog URL or anything though without registering with livejournal which I don’t want to do as I already have a blog.

• beverly posted on May 1, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Haha i actually shopped up and down Changle Lu today which was fun. I don’t like the tech mall in Xujiahui though, can’t stand being hassled by people :S

I hate how China blocks LJ 🙁 Yet I don’t want to put it on my domain beverlys.net cos I like the community here!

Enjoy HK.. I love it there. Bettter food and shopping 😉

• Anonymous posted on April 30, 2009 at 10:15 pm

This is Wo_Ai by the way (http://blog.friday-nite.com).

• beverly posted on May 1, 2009 at 2:22 am

• Anonymous posted on May 1, 2009 at 2:25 pm

• beverly posted on May 1, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Enjoy HK.. I love it there. Bettter food and shopping 😉

• naughtypanther posted on May 2, 2009 at 7:14 am

OoOO I like your clip!!! Shiny and sparkly!! I had to double look at your camera and had a giggle!! LOL What did you stick on your camera and pink ones to boot!! hehehe so cute!

• beverly posted on May 2, 2009 at 9:08 am