Business trips, eBay, Hong Kong, Uncategorized Protected: IT’S OFF TO HONG KONG 16 December 2008

• ptechnix posted on December 16, 2008 at 9:46 am

Hey, we’re in HK airport right now waiting to get on a plane off this island!! Ha! 🙂 I’m glad someone is looking forward to getting here because I’m certainly looking forward to getting off!!! Next stop, Hainan! Home of what had better be the best damn chicken rice on the planet!!! 🙂

Enjoy your trip!!! On another note. I saw something here that reminded me of you. Rows after rows after rows of those cartoon tokidoki le sport sac bags that you love. Fake of course…. I gagged… and thought of you. Sweet huh? 😛

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:37 am

Haha we exactly miss each other. Can’t wait to see what the chicken rice is like in Hainan though.. maybe it sings and dances on the way to youre plate.

I hope you bought me a Tokidoki! 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on December 16, 2008 at 10:41 am

1 for 10?! ebay got sucha good deal huh!

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:37 am

I reckon! Arghhh

• tiffanyx posted on December 17, 2008 at 3:10 am

you should get a ‘massage package’ as part of your compensation and benefits~~ ;p

• sintart posted on December 16, 2008 at 10:52 am

It sounds so exciting – don’t worry about it, I’m sure you’ll be fine! 🙂
    Have fun & remember to post photos about the food/shopping there

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:38 am

I reckon i won’t have much pics in HK, ‘cos i’m in the office all day – boo!

• catpuccino posted on December 16, 2008 at 12:18 pm

Wow I would be SO overwhelmed by all that work, it sounds INSANE! I’m sure if anyone can do it, you can do it! :o) And think, HK not only has better Western food than the mainland, but also cheaper shopping (especially on items like make up) so if you have to go there a lot for business, that’s a good thing!!!

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:38 am

I agree! I think HK has better food and shopping by far. Ah well, will have to hunt down the good places in SHA 😉

• madaboutsprees posted on December 16, 2008 at 12:28 pm

oh you should employ me! seriously, your job sounds fun (albeit hectic and crazily busy) 🙂

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:39 am

i do love it, but man it drives me crazy sometimes 😉

• thefragrantelf posted on December 16, 2008 at 12:51 pm

Oh my goodness, so much! I know you can do it, but I can’t believe they reduced so many to just you…crazy. Enjoy HK though, hope you do manage to get lots of food and shoopping in!

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:41 am

I know.. it’s a bit crazy :S It means one hell of a stop-list!

I dunno if I’ll have time for eating/shopping in HK now… since I’m in the office every day, blah!

• beverlyh posted on December 16, 2008 at 1:44 pm

I just got back from HK less than a week ago!
    My first thought was to say -go to the CL store (but then I realised you said food..)
    BUT Yung Kee on Wellington Rd in Central is famous for their Goose (it’s actually Michelin starred. We go there numerous time everytime we’re in HK..it’s fab). CL boutique is just around the corner too 😉 As is Landmark (like the Paragon of S’pore, but better :D)

• beverlyh posted on December 16, 2008 at 1:46 pm

ETA: I’ve got more recs but depends how much time you have. Including…

High Tea at the Peninsula (lengthy queues even on weekdays though)
      Temple St Night markets for hawker street seafood at bargain prices

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:41 am

Heh the last time I was in HK I bought a pair of CL pumps.. so I better not do that again 😉 I live just down the road from that store though!

Hmmm might try Yung Kee, it’s so close to me too!

• ptechnix posted on December 16, 2008 at 9:46 am

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:37 am

I hope you bought me a Tokidoki! 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on December 16, 2008 at 10:41 am

1 for 10?! ebay got sucha good deal huh!

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:37 am

I reckon! Arghhh

• tiffanyx posted on December 17, 2008 at 3:10 am

• sintart posted on December 16, 2008 at 10:52 am

It sounds so exciting – don’t worry about it, I’m sure you’ll be fine! 🙂
    Have fun & remember to post photos about the food/shopping there

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:38 am

I reckon i won’t have much pics in HK, ‘cos i’m in the office all day – boo!

• catpuccino posted on December 16, 2008 at 12:18 pm

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:38 am

• madaboutsprees posted on December 16, 2008 at 12:28 pm

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:39 am

i do love it, but man it drives me crazy sometimes 😉

• thefragrantelf posted on December 16, 2008 at 12:51 pm

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:41 am

I know.. it’s a bit crazy :S It means one hell of a stop-list!

• beverlyh posted on December 16, 2008 at 1:44 pm

I just got back from HK less than a week ago!

• beverlyh posted on December 16, 2008 at 1:46 pm

ETA: I’ve got more recs but depends how much time you have. Including…

High Tea at the Peninsula (lengthy queues even on weekdays though)
      Temple St Night markets for hawker street seafood at bargain prices

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:41 am

Hmmm might try Yung Kee, it’s so close to me too!

• agnesm posted on December 17, 2008 at 1:24 am

the Pawn in Wanchai is a new and fairly well acclaimed chinese place– mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm : )

m at the fringe is vvvvvvv delicious too.

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:48 am

Oo thanks hon! Now I just gotta figure out how to squeeze it all in 😉

• pei posted on December 17, 2008 at 5:00 am

The Pawn serves British gastropub food…the Chinese place you’re thinking of is OVOlogue, which is right next door.

And yes M At The Fringe is delish Bev! Will give you more recommendations when I see you tonight 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:34 am

You have such a jet set life. You’ll figure it out, the first weeks, months are the difficult ones.

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:49 am

so true.. once I’m fully ramped up I’m sure it’ll feel less intense. Can’t wait for that 😉

• littlemisskeira posted on December 17, 2008 at 7:21 am

Hey.. i just got back from HK just week! Nice weather there 🙂

Foodwise, i like the dim sum at Maxims at Cityhall 3/F. Yummy !

• agnesm posted on December 17, 2008 at 1:24 am

m at the fringe is vvvvvvv delicious too.

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:48 am

Oo thanks hon! Now I just gotta figure out how to squeeze it all in 😉

• pei posted on December 17, 2008 at 5:00 am

• starbucksweetie posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:34 am

• beverly posted on December 17, 2008 at 2:49 am

• littlemisskeira posted on December 17, 2008 at 7:21 am

Hey.. i just got back from HK just week! Nice weather there 🙂

Foodwise, i like the dim sum at Maxims at Cityhall 3/F. Yummy !