FASHION, Uncategorized CROCS ‘SANTA CRUZ’ FLATS 22 December 2008

I just had to blog these because they are AMAZING. Another Hong Kong purchase. They’re Crocs ‘santa cruz’ flats and they actually shock me by how fantastic they are. I’ve gone a bit ‘off’ ballet flats, because they’re just too, well, flat. They don’t really support my feet and my heels get sore since there’s no cushioning. Plus, they make my feel look a bit lumpy.

I really liked these Crocs flats because they have a really bouncy cushioned sole, that’s really really comfortable on the inside because it has those little nubby things that massage your foot. The canvas upper looks really flattering on my foot and helps my feet breathe. Most incredibly, THEY ARE SO LIGHT!!!!! These shoes are so ridiculously light it’s like you’re walking barefoot. I walked all around Hong Kong with these for hours and don’t get all the typical isssues I normally get – blisters, or shoes that bite at the heel, or sore toes, or sore heels, etc, etc… One of the very BEST shoes I’ve bought in a long, long time.

Totally, absolutely impressed with them. I want to get them in a different design now 🙂

Very normal-looking Crocs

They’re ULTRA comfy and so so so so light!

• tiffanyx posted on December 22, 2008 at 10:42 am

you are like advertising for them!!!

• beverly posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:28 pm

Wish I get paid for doing that then!

• tiffanyx posted on December 23, 2008 at 1:26 am

haha!

• thefragrantelf posted on December 22, 2008 at 11:16 am

So cute and comfiness so important! Was shopping with Christine tonight and didn’t buy a pair of sandals ’cause they were too flat, I need that support too otherwise I get cramps :/

• beverly posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Fully with you.. my heels hurt if they’re too flat. You should check these out when you’re near the store – I find them far comfier than our black sketchers for extended use now!

• l_i_z posted on December 22, 2008 at 12:05 pm

Hey they actually look normal haha. I hate the look of those other Crocs everyone has. I’m looking for some new flats coz the Diana Ferrari ones I bought a couple of months ago aren’t anywhere near as comfortable as they used to be, maybe I’ll check these out….:)

• beverly posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Hahah I know, the traditional Crocs are a bit.. um.. strange.

Def check these out, I’m astounded by how comfy they are, yet they look nice too! So pretty with jeans

• yeevee posted on December 22, 2008 at 12:12 pm

oh cool, im definitely gonna check it out coz I’m actually looking for a comfy flat shoe. Are they expensive though?

• beverly posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:31 pm

They are! They were around SG$80+ but in Hong Kong they’re about $70+ so thats why I snapped them up 😛

• aqualuna posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Oooohhhh I have them too, but in a different design 😀

• beverly posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Coool that’s the other design I was keen on! Do you find them super comfy too?

• aqualuna posted on December 23, 2008 at 2:58 pm

yeahhhh very very comfy! looks really cute too! =)

• oo_mimi_oo posted on December 22, 2008 at 4:55 pm

hate to admit it, but i just recently got a pair of crocs and i am not regretting it! it’s sooo soft on the feet!

those are cute!!

• beverly posted on December 23, 2008 at 2:41 am

I’m a big fan of ’em! I like how they look like normal shoes too 😛

• tiffanyx posted on December 22, 2008 at 10:42 am

you are like advertising for them!!!

• beverly posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:28 pm

Wish I get paid for doing that then!

• tiffanyx posted on December 23, 2008 at 1:26 am

haha!

• thefragrantelf posted on December 22, 2008 at 11:16 am

• beverly posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:29 pm

• l_i_z posted on December 22, 2008 at 12:05 pm

• beverly posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Hahah I know, the traditional Crocs are a bit.. um.. strange.

• yeevee posted on December 22, 2008 at 12:12 pm

• beverly posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:31 pm

• pinkcaviar posted on December 22, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Thanks for the recommandation! I’ve been looking for a pair of comfortable flats for work because we have to be on our feet all day and these are perfect. I’m always in sneakers or Hush Puppies (which are kinda unstylish) at least these are cute! Now i have to decide on a color! 🙂

• beverly posted on December 23, 2008 at 2:42 am

Ahh yeah these would be great for that. they’re so incredibly light and comfy, I love shopping in these ‘cos I can go for hours 😉

• aqualuna posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Oooohhhh I have them too, but in a different design 😀

• beverly posted on December 22, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Coool that’s the other design I was keen on! Do you find them super comfy too?

• aqualuna posted on December 23, 2008 at 2:58 pm

yeahhhh very very comfy! looks really cute too! =)

• oo_mimi_oo posted on December 22, 2008 at 4:55 pm

those are cute!!

• beverly posted on December 23, 2008 at 2:41 am

I’m a big fan of ’em! I like how they look like normal shoes too 😛

• claricetan posted on December 23, 2008 at 2:11 am

This does look v. comfy.. I actually had the other rubbery maryjane Croc.. The issue with that was that i pespire & it bites my feet.. I don’t know why.. But the one that you had looks good.. 🙂

• beverly posted on December 23, 2008 at 2:49 am

Ahh yeah I can imagine those rubbery crocs would do that.. I can’t wear ’em anyway ‘cos they make my feet look really strange and big 😛

• lindi_jay posted on December 23, 2008 at 3:41 am

Those canvas uppers make the shoes look like espadrilles – cool. I love Crocs Primas because they are so comfy and aren’t too clumpy.

• beverly posted on December 24, 2008 at 3:44 am

Yeah the chunky Crocs are just too strange looking for me.. i like these streamline ones 🙂

• pinkcaviar posted on December 22, 2008 at 9:09 pm

• beverly posted on December 23, 2008 at 2:42 am

• claricetan posted on December 23, 2008 at 2:11 am

• beverly posted on December 23, 2008 at 2:49 am

• beverlyh posted on December 23, 2008 at 10:27 am

I love your rec’s cos’ I totally trust your judgement! I wouldn’t have otherwise ever gone near a pair of crocs but these are actually very nice and sound like the comfy shoes I’ve been looking for (after I tried keds and found them very uncomfy)

• beverly posted on December 24, 2008 at 3:45 am

Yeah I don’t like the regular ones either.. they’re so unflattering IMHO 😛

I have Keds too! Theyr’e comfy but only for abt 2-3 hrs of walking.. after that my arches and heels get sore and it rubs a ‘lil. But with these crocs, they feel the same as the Keds, but much lighter and NO soreness at all for the entire day!

• lindi_jay posted on December 23, 2008 at 3:41 am

• beverly posted on December 24, 2008 at 3:44 am

• beverlyh posted on December 23, 2008 at 10:27 am

• beverly posted on December 24, 2008 at 3:45 am

Yeah I don’t like the regular ones either.. they’re so unflattering IMHO 😛

• lilliputopean posted on December 24, 2008 at 6:43 am

Hi Beverly, I have been following your blog for some time. I recalled having swapped with you before @ Makeupalley. Just started blogging, hope you’ll add me so that I can continue to read your lovely food posts.

• beverly posted on December 26, 2008 at 2:30 am

Hi hon, nice to see you here too, just added you!

• lilliputopean posted on December 24, 2008 at 6:43 am

• beverly posted on December 26, 2008 at 2:30 am

Hi hon, nice to see you here too, just added you!

• celadoncatz posted on December 27, 2008 at 12:27 pm

Ooh, another Crocs fan.. I’m totally addicted too. But my poison is the Sassaris ‘cos they give me lift 🙂 I’ve also got Cleo, Patra, Celeste and Athens for ultra rough wear. The Santa Cruzs are cuuuuute!

• beverly posted on December 28, 2008 at 12:14 am

Ohhhh those look good, cos I like the extra height 😉 Are they comfy though? I’m always scared the rubber style crocs give me blisters!

• celadoncatz posted on December 28, 2008 at 1:35 am

Oh they are AMAZINGLY comfy…. that’s why I can wear them practically throughout the whole day, carrying my 10kg daughter up and down 3 flights of steps, doing the kindy runs etc.. 🙂 Never had any blisters with any of my Crocs since day 1 and I’m really prone to blisters! Heck to what everyone says about Crocs being ugly… as long as you don’t wear the ones that look like Barney’s feet… hehe 🙂

• celadoncatz posted on December 27, 2008 at 12:27 pm

• beverly posted on December 28, 2008 at 12:14 am

• celadoncatz posted on December 28, 2008 at 1:35 am

• koffiekitten posted on December 27, 2008 at 10:04 pm

Ok, you’ve got me searching the internet now for these shoes… will have to get some for the upcoming summer 🙂

• beverly posted on December 28, 2008 at 12:15 am

I totally totally recommend ’em.. they’re the comfiest ballet flats i’ve got!

• koffiekitten posted on December 27, 2008 at 10:04 pm

• beverly posted on December 28, 2008 at 12:15 am

I totally totally recommend ’em.. they’re the comfiest ballet flats i’ve got!

• Anonymous posted on January 2, 2009 at 11:27 am

Wow – crocs that don’t look like crocs! 😛

I’m not a fan of crocs but those shoes actually look quite nice. I just wanted to drop around and say happy new year – hope you had some good food and looking forward to hearing about it (and seeing pictures of course!) 😀

• beverly posted on January 2, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Haha I agree.. the regular Crocs are a bit, erm, unattractive 😛

Happy new year to you hon!!

• Anonymous posted on January 2, 2009 at 11:27 am

Wow – crocs that don’t look like crocs! 😛

• beverly posted on January 2, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Haha I agree.. the regular Crocs are a bit, erm, unattractive 😛

Happy new year to you hon!!