Festivals, FOOD, Uncategorized GOOD FOOD & WINE SHOW 2009 1 July 2008

Went to the Good Food & Wine Show, because really, I’ve been waiting for it all year since the last one! It’s a complete food fest, but seems to be getting more crowded each year.. which is a bit annoying because of all the crazed people jostling for their freebies. Yes I know I sound like a cranky old lady (in particular because I’m right in there jostling for my freebies too) but I still like to complain 😛 This year, there was much hype around the fact that Gordon Ramsey was there. I don’t get the hysteria. He’s good, but is there really a need to shriek like a maniac and RUSH over when he appears?! I much prefer watching him on TV in the comfort of my living room 😛

There were tons of stalls this year and all of us arrived after lunch, so disappointingly we didn’t get to see every single stall which was my intention. We did try to power around as quickly as possible though, and the cool thing was that because it was the last day of the festival, and because it seemed like all the stalls didn’t want leftovers, they were THROWING out the free samples left, right and center. Very cool 😛

At $25pp entry fee, I can see why everyone’s desperate for freebies. I can’t believe how greedy the organisers are – it’s a fact that they bleed the stall owners dry for rent, grab money from sponsors, and on top of all that they still charge that $25 entry fee with no sense of crowd control. What’s up with that?! The $25 doesn’t even get you a goody bag or anything like that. It’s sad that it’s such a blatent money earner but what other choice do Aussies have 🙁

Anyway, pics below! I gave up taking pics of all the food after awhile, there was just too much 😛

Crazy packed with people

Chris stands with some giants

Some cheeky person behind 😛

Take 2

Cooking shows

A bit of curry and rice

Also delicious fresh pasta

Enjoying our wines

Red wine and Vodka

Getting some massages… aaaahhh

Korean food

Our friends bought $40 (!!) worth of sausages in a carton box… LOL

With fellow food fanatic ChocolateSuze. She had a stall there (The Biscuit Tree).
We got the shortbread – SO GOOD…. :)~

Shots of Chinese beer

Lots of Kahlua tasting

Ridiculous, but so funny 😛

Happily fed

Our loot!!

HEY it’s pretty true!

What the House Test Says About You

You consider yourself important, but no more important than anyone else. You love attention, but you don’t feel like you deserve more of it than anyone else.

You aren’t against being community oriented, but it’s not really your thing. You tend to prefer to focus on your family and not the neighborhood around you.

You are a social, friendly, and giving person. You like to bring people together and make them feel happy.

You take good care of your physical appearance. You dress well, stay in shape, and do your best to look great.

You are moved by what’s exotic and unique. You often have the mentality of a traveler, even when you’re not traveling.

• funkybrewsta posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:52 am

Wait… is he picking his nose? LOL

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:54 am

Yeah lol, or at least scratching it.. haha!

• sarahmama posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:25 am

oh, i loved the Good Food and Wine shows in Melbourne! I call it my ‘free’ beer buffet!

but the entry fee is really quite a turnoff though.

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:56 am

Hahah all the free alcohol was quite a hit with everyone 😛 Except the samples are so so so tiny we couldn’t actually really taste anything!

• ptechnix posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:35 am

I personally was quite disappointed with the F&W Show given the $25 entry fee especially given the fact that I’m not interested in tasting any wine or beer. It was just too insanely crowded for me. Also I was a tad disappointed with the samples available, not enough meat based samples! I need meat… meat!

However I’m glad I went, because I finally managed to get my favourite Green Jalapeno Chilli Sauce!!!

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:57 am

The $25 entry is a killer.. it should be $10 at most AND crowd controlled! Boohiss

• khemany posted on July 1, 2008 at 11:19 am

because gordon ramsey = hot and my future husband lol
    I thought this year was better than last year but nothing compared to the two years prior.
    Same its my favourite day of the year!
    I think the $25 is fine im eating myself senseless and drinking to oblivion (ok thats an exaggeration but you knwo) and I got to see the fab man hunk Gordano!

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:40 pm

ROFL noooo he is not hot, he’s crazy, haha! I’ve never watched his show so I suppose that’s why I don’t get the hype 😛

Next year they gotta make it $10 entry and limit the numbers *nods*

• rollagirl9 posted on July 1, 2008 at 11:26 am

Lookie, my 21 jams!!

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:42 pm

More than you could possibly shake a stick at, hahah! It’ll last you through any wartime 😉

• tracyhuang posted on July 1, 2008 at 12:19 pm

Have to admit that watching Gordon Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmare on Nine is one of my guilty pleasures!

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:43 pm

I’ve never watched it! Hmmm.. must check it out, everyone seems to love it

• starbucksweetie posted on July 1, 2008 at 1:45 pm

It looks like the loot sort of made up for your entry fee.

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:50 pm

…apart from the fact that we paid for all the stuff we bought 😉

• nav posted on July 1, 2008 at 3:56 pm

I don’t really understand the Voodoo vending machine. What was it exactly?
    Anyhow, this looks like it was a fun event 🙂 I understand your disappointment at seeing so many people though, I hate having to force my way through a crowd too!

• nav posted on July 1, 2008 at 4:04 pm

Oh, I love your icon too, because it’s TRUE! haha

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:51 pm

It was just a guy inside so if you popped in money, he’ll reach over for a can of drink and pass it to you. It was silly 😛

Heh I need the same icon with a handbag! 😉

• funkybrewsta posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:52 am

Wait… is he picking his nose? LOL

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:54 am

Yeah lol, or at least scratching it.. haha!

• sarahmama posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:25 am

but the entry fee is really quite a turnoff though.

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:56 am

• ptechnix posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:35 am

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:57 am

• khemany posted on July 1, 2008 at 11:19 am

because gordon ramsey = hot and my future husband lol
    Same its my favourite day of the year!

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:40 pm

Next year they gotta make it $10 entry and limit the numbers *nods*

• rollagirl9 posted on July 1, 2008 at 11:26 am

Lookie, my 21 jams!!

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:42 pm

• tracyhuang posted on July 1, 2008 at 12:19 pm

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:43 pm

I’ve never watched it! Hmmm.. must check it out, everyone seems to love it

• starbucksweetie posted on July 1, 2008 at 1:45 pm

It looks like the loot sort of made up for your entry fee.

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:50 pm

…apart from the fact that we paid for all the stuff we bought 😉

• alongcameaspydr posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:32 pm

LOL the picture of you getting a massage. #1 Your fiance in the background cheesing it! And #2 be happy you didn’t get the guy scratching (mid picking) his nose. HAHAHA 🙂 Its summer here in California, so all the Art & Wine festivals should be happening soon. I love them so much; food, arts, wine, and shopping!!!

• beverly posted on July 2, 2008 at 11:01 pm

Hahha yes, so hilarious the guy got caught picking his nose 😉

Ohhh you gotta post pics of the festival, I’ve never been to one in CA before!

• nav posted on July 1, 2008 at 3:56 pm

I don’t really understand the Voodoo vending machine. What was it exactly?

• nav posted on July 1, 2008 at 4:04 pm

Oh, I love your icon too, because it’s TRUE! haha

• beverly posted on July 1, 2008 at 9:51 pm

Heh I need the same icon with a handbag! 😉

• alongcameaspydr posted on July 1, 2008 at 10:32 pm

• beverly posted on July 2, 2008 at 11:01 pm

Hahha yes, so hilarious the guy got caught picking his nose 😉

Ohhh you gotta post pics of the festival, I’ve never been to one in CA before!