Friends, Living in... Singapore, Uncategorized WEDDING 21 December 2007

Came back to Singapore just in the nick of time to attend and ‘s wedding and reception. It was held at Chijmes which completely blew me away. I’ve never seen a wedding chapel prettier, more luscious or more gorgeous than it.. I am so getting married there now, thanks for the idea guys, tee hee 😀 The high ceilings and stained glass windows made the place really bright and airy, and really modern, so unfortunately it’s not very traditional in that sense, but just flat-out pretty.

The bride was gorgeous and I was gawking at her beautiful, flowing train – so pretty! It was a really quick ceremony, I think over in about 20 mins? A far cry from the 1-hr weddings I’ve previously been too 😉 The food served afterwards was brilliant, haha. No pics though cos was too busy talking to random people! It was such a lovely wedding though.. I actually teared in it and I NEVER cry at weddings! It was their personally-written vows that did it for me.. so sweet 🙂

The dinner was on the next night, at Four Seasons Hotel. It’s a brilliant place, very chic and obviously the food was super. The one thing I preferred at ‘s dinner @ Conrad was when the dinner started and the lights dimmed and the waiters all trooped out in sync from the front, carrying dishes, then spread out to serve all the various tables. It was like a dance, but carrying food 😉 It impressed the socks off me! Anyway, my favourite dish at this dinner was the Suckling Pig.. it was served crisp on homemade tortilla-like things and with some sauce. SO GOOD!!!!! I wanted mooooorrre. Moooooorrrrrrre!! Other face was the White Chocolate Mousse which was served on a chocolate tart with some crunchy…’things’ at the bottom. The dishes obviously all had fancy and pretty names but I didn’t take pics of the menu. Grrr! But you can see the afore-mentioned blogs and I think they’ll post pics/details of it all soon *hint hint nudge nudge*

The chapel @ Chijmes. OMG beautiful!

The train!!!

The flowers!!!

Man I love weddings..

At the dinner @ Four Seasons Hotel, with the bride’s sister

The “strawberry ice bath” – the entire thing was made of ice. I was so tempted to
stick my tongue out and lick it, but feared guests might think I was insane 😉

With the groom’s friend from Malaysia

Us with the strawberrrrrrrrrrrries and a colleague from the
Australian office that’s just relocated to the Singapore office

With the groom’s friend’s girlfriend, who co-incidentally
works in the same place as Chris’ sister in Australia.

Random people but I thought that girl was really gorgeous

Dinner @ Four Seasons

The suckling pig. You don’t eat the head, obviously!

The awesome dessert.. and I normally don’t even like chocolate tarts OR mousse!

So that’s yet another pair of friends married. All of them are dropping like flies lately 😛 Ahhhh!

• moxielass posted on December 21, 2007 at 3:50 am

I think I know the Groom’s friend! Is that Joanne? She is my hubb’s colleague.

• ptechnix posted on December 21, 2007 at 7:58 am

Yep, that’ll be her! 🙂 So I take it your hub works at Deloitte. She’s just quit her job there because she’s moving to Sydney… Yay!! 🙂

• moxielass posted on December 21, 2007 at 8:06 am

Yes, I also heard abt her move from my hubb. My hubb is leaving Deloitte too for greener pasture too. Haha.

• ptechnix posted on December 21, 2007 at 8:14 am

Haha… from what she tells me, Deloitte sounds like a slave shop!!! 🙂

Deloitte manager: Count them beans peasants!! *cracks whip*

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:28 am

Wow so coincidental! She’s really lovely though 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on December 21, 2007 at 4:24 am

Delish! I’m surprised you didn’t take more photos of the food.

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:29 am

Was too busy eating, haha! Nah partly cos the lighting was pretty dim so the pics didn’t turn out :X

• Anonymous posted on December 21, 2007 at 4:38 am

It’s not like you to care if people think you’re insane. Go for the licking of the strawberry ice bath, I saw.
    Christine

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:29 am

Bwahahhahahaaaaaaa VERY TRUE

• jasmine_z posted on December 21, 2007 at 5:32 am

That strawberries ‘ice bath’ – wow!

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:29 am

They were delish dipped in the liquid chocolate, mmmm

• gingerstardrops posted on December 21, 2007 at 6:10 am

i saw the photo story from ptechnix’s website and saw pictures of you taking photos! now i know the what you took.hehe

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:30 am

Hehe it was actually a pic of me eating I think… (as usual)

• ptechnix posted on December 21, 2007 at 8:01 am

Boo Bev, no photo of you with the bride and groom! But it’s okay, I understand that food is more important… *sniff*

And those are no random group of guys, those are my groomsmen!! Respect woman! But yeah I agree, Monica is pretty hot 🙂

Oh, and the pigs head can indeed be eaten! I love it! Mmm… fattylicious…

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:31 am

I know!! It was really hard to get both of you to stand still for a sec to take a pic 😛 Nevermind, we can photoshop me onto one of yours muwhaha

The random guys were nice at least! And some of them even knew Chris from your dodgy buck’s night 😉

• eviltofu posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:09 am

If the pig’s head can’t be eaten, is it sold to loan sharks after the dinner?

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:31 am

Haha gross!

• jo_ee posted on December 21, 2007 at 11:21 am

Aww looks beautiful. Can’t believe E is now married!

• beverly posted on December 22, 2007 at 1:22 am

I knoooow, so many of my girl friends are now!

• moxielass posted on December 21, 2007 at 3:50 am

I think I know the Groom’s friend! Is that Joanne? She is my hubb’s colleague.

• ptechnix posted on December 21, 2007 at 7:58 am

• moxielass posted on December 21, 2007 at 8:06 am

• ptechnix posted on December 21, 2007 at 8:14 am

Haha… from what she tells me, Deloitte sounds like a slave shop!!! 🙂

Deloitte manager: Count them beans peasants!! *cracks whip*

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:28 am

Wow so coincidental! She’s really lovely though 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on December 21, 2007 at 4:24 am

Delish! I’m surprised you didn’t take more photos of the food.

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:29 am

• Anonymous posted on December 21, 2007 at 4:38 am

Christine

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:29 am

Bwahahhahahaaaaaaa VERY TRUE

• jasmine_z posted on December 21, 2007 at 5:32 am

That strawberries ‘ice bath’ – wow!

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:29 am

They were delish dipped in the liquid chocolate, mmmm

• gingerstardrops posted on December 21, 2007 at 6:10 am

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:30 am

Hehe it was actually a pic of me eating I think… (as usual)

• blueeyezz posted on December 21, 2007 at 3:18 pm

gosh…all my friends are dropping like flies, too….except some of them are having babies. it’s freaking me out…just a tad…

i still feel too selfish to do any of that stuff….lol…

• beverly posted on December 22, 2007 at 1:23 am

Babies are def scary once everyone starts having them… hehe. Thank fully none of my friends are yet *whew*!

• ptechnix posted on December 21, 2007 at 8:01 am

Oh, and the pigs head can indeed be eaten! I love it! Mmm… fattylicious…

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:31 am

• angelnotes posted on December 21, 2007 at 4:40 pm

Wow, what dessert was that? It looks really YUM. :P~

• beverly posted on December 22, 2007 at 1:23 am

Name/description in my post 🙂 It was lovely!

• eviltofu posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:09 am

If the pig’s head can’t be eaten, is it sold to loan sharks after the dinner?

• beverly posted on December 21, 2007 at 10:31 am

Haha gross!

• etherealprey posted on December 21, 2007 at 6:42 pm

you’re getting a lot of mileage out of that dress. I dub thee the wedding dress!!! All the other dresses have been deemed not worthy of going to a wedding and eating awesome food!

• beverly posted on December 22, 2007 at 1:26 am

Haha it’s only the 2nd time I’ve worn it, so I haven’t even gotten started yet!

• jo_ee posted on December 21, 2007 at 11:21 am

Aww looks beautiful. Can’t believe E is now married!

• beverly posted on December 22, 2007 at 1:22 am

I knoooow, so many of my girl friends are now!

• blueeyezz posted on December 21, 2007 at 3:18 pm

i still feel too selfish to do any of that stuff….lol…

• beverly posted on December 22, 2007 at 1:23 am

• angelnotes posted on December 21, 2007 at 4:40 pm

Wow, what dessert was that? It looks really YUM. :P~

• beverly posted on December 22, 2007 at 1:23 am

Name/description in my post 🙂 It was lovely!

• etherealprey posted on December 21, 2007 at 6:42 pm

• beverly posted on December 22, 2007 at 1:26 am

Haha it’s only the 2nd time I’ve worn it, so I haven’t even gotten started yet!

• thefragrantelf posted on December 23, 2007 at 8:12 am

What a beautiful day! And the food! Are those cherries with the dessert, they look delish.

• beverly posted on December 23, 2007 at 10:58 am

Teehee I actually avoided the cherries, i don’t like fruit, let alone understand the concept of having it as a dessert 😛

• jujubee715 posted on December 23, 2007 at 9:31 am

omg that strawberry ice bath is the most beautiful, tasty thing i have EVER seen!! GENIUS! i MUST have one when i get married! lol

• beverly posted on December 23, 2007 at 10:59 am

Teehee me too!! It’s a great idea and so much better than the regular ‘ol finger food..

• esthered posted on December 23, 2007 at 3:40 pm

The wedding ceremony looks really beautiful!! Kinda makes you feel like you are the one standing up there though ;P

• beverly posted on December 23, 2007 at 5:19 pm

Yeah the chapel just blew me away.. it was like WOW!

• thefragrantelf posted on December 23, 2007 at 8:12 am

• beverly posted on December 23, 2007 at 10:58 am

• jujubee715 posted on December 23, 2007 at 9:31 am

• beverly posted on December 23, 2007 at 10:59 am

• esthered posted on December 23, 2007 at 3:40 pm

• beverly posted on December 23, 2007 at 5:19 pm

Yeah the chapel just blew me away.. it was like WOW!