FASHION, Uncategorized FIT FLOPS! 27 November 2007

Bought the FitFlops, which according to them, apparently “shapes your calves and makes your bum smaller”. I’M SOLD!!!!! Surprisingly, they’re super comfy and feel nice and bouncy when you walk.. and I like the fact that it has a bit of a platform bottom so it makes me taller. Bwaahaha!

I decided on the black because it was just more subtle and classic. The other 2 colours (cream&red, cream&blue) were pretty but made the shoe look really big and a bit weird – mainly because I have small/thin legs and feet so I end up looking like Ronald McDonald. The black just blended in more as it wasn’t as eye-catching.

So the question is, does it actually WORK? Well, after a 30min brisk walk, I definitely had sore calves and bum afterwards. But if you just walk a little, you don’t notice it. Just as well, because who wants to walk around in pain all the time?! The point is, every little bit counts and it all adds up 😉

I’m happy with it because it’s super comfy and it makes me taller. That’s pretty much all I want since I think my calves are not too bad anyway. However, any butt-reduction it brings is always welcome!

A bit random, but cute mini-cupcakes we had at work

• ptechnix posted on November 27, 2007 at 11:24 am

I think if your bum got any smaller Bev it would take a Special Forces Sniper to nail you in the ass even at close range…. with a bullet of course *cough*

But that being said, those “Fitflops” actually look quite nice. Much better than my mongy looking MBTs…

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:59 pm

A woman can never have too small a butt, I say 😉

Haha the MBTs were what got me first interested in those kinda shoes.. but they’re just too $$ and heavy for me! So these FitFlops are a good alternative 😀

• eviltofu posted on November 27, 2007 at 11:30 am

The cakes won’t help in bum reduction!!

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:57 pm

It’s a tradeoff 😉

• thefragrantelf posted on November 27, 2007 at 11:36 am

LOL at Ronald McDonald 😀 I might have to seek these shoes out eventually.

Mmmm. Cupcakes.

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:54 pm

Ya! Try a walkaround in those, they’re at Athelete’s Foot. Thumbs up to how they make us taller 😛

• miss_foxy posted on November 27, 2007 at 1:07 pm

there are some other shoes that work out your legs when you wear them. and you can use them for running, yoga and all sorts of things. i got them a week ago and they’re totally awesome

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:51 pm

Oo yeah I saw those too! But decided to get these FitFlops cos I wasn’t sure if I”d wear the Five fingers one out in public, hee!

• dreamsailboat posted on November 27, 2007 at 1:20 pm

nice nail polish!

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:46 pm

Hehe thanks! It’s Chanel’s “tulipe noir”.. one of the few dark polishes I’ll use 😛

• dreamsailboat posted on November 29, 2007 at 3:05 am

Very nice!

any friday night dinner plans?

• l_i_z posted on November 27, 2007 at 1:38 pm

Those FitFlops look interesting, might need to get me some.

Those cupcakes are gorgeous! You guys find the cutest things 😉

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:45 pm

I liked the mini cupcakes way more than the big ones 😛

YOur icon with the santa hat is so cute haha!

• princesszhing posted on November 27, 2007 at 2:40 pm

i need those fitflops man!!! and you are right. black does make it less eye catching!! hope it comes to spore soon… im all for cuter butts and shapier legs..

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:44 pm

Hopefully it’ll be there soon too! If you want me to pick up a pair foryou before that just let me know 🙂

• princesszhing posted on November 29, 2007 at 4:12 pm

thank you! thats really nice of you! =)

• blueeyezz posted on November 27, 2007 at 6:29 pm

I want those fitflops now. . .I’ve been eyeing them for some time, and judging by your picture, they’re not as big and bulky as I had feared. When spring comes, I think I might have to buy a pair.

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:44 pm

I agree! They actually look ok on the feet, not as ‘orthopedic’ as I’d anticipated 😛 And they’re really comfy and soft

• ptechnix posted on November 27, 2007 at 11:24 am

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:59 pm

A woman can never have too small a butt, I say 😉

• eviltofu posted on November 27, 2007 at 11:30 am

The cakes won’t help in bum reduction!!

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:57 pm

It’s a tradeoff 😉

• thefragrantelf posted on November 27, 2007 at 11:36 am

LOL at Ronald McDonald 😀 I might have to seek these shoes out eventually.

Mmmm. Cupcakes.

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:54 pm

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:41 pm

Wow, how negative.

The sole is slightly curved so there’s the subtlest of wobble when you walk, hence you activate certain muscles to ‘balance’. I definitely’ don’t get the same “uncomfortable soreness” but the same feeling if I walk uphill on a treadmill for about 30mins.

• miss_foxy posted on November 27, 2007 at 1:07 pm

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:51 pm

• dreamsailboat posted on November 27, 2007 at 1:20 pm

nice nail polish!

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:46 pm

• dreamsailboat posted on November 29, 2007 at 3:05 am

Very nice!

any friday night dinner plans?

• l_i_z posted on November 27, 2007 at 1:38 pm

Those FitFlops look interesting, might need to get me some.

Those cupcakes are gorgeous! You guys find the cutest things 😉

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:45 pm

I liked the mini cupcakes way more than the big ones 😛

YOur icon with the santa hat is so cute haha!

• princesszhing posted on November 27, 2007 at 2:40 pm

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:44 pm

• princesszhing posted on November 29, 2007 at 4:12 pm

thank you! thats really nice of you! =)

• blueeyezz posted on November 27, 2007 at 6:29 pm

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:44 pm

• alittleglitter posted on November 28, 2007 at 4:05 am

wow i want the fitflops so badly now! how much do they retail for? thanks!

• beverly posted on November 29, 2007 at 9:36 am

They’re not too bad $89 or so

• beverly posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:41 pm

Wow, how negative.

• alittleglitter posted on November 28, 2007 at 4:05 am

wow i want the fitflops so badly now! how much do they retail for? thanks!

• beverly posted on November 29, 2007 at 9:36 am

They’re not too bad $89 or so

• beverlyh posted on November 28, 2007 at 2:12 pm

Forget fitness…those cupcakes are gorgeous! Any idea where they’re from? The one with pink icing looks identical to one I had at a launch that was seriously one of the best cupcakes Ive ever eaten!

• beverly posted on November 29, 2007 at 9:37 am