After a month of gym hopping and trying out basically every gym in the City, I finally settled on Fitness First. It was a really tough choice as there were 3 top contenders, but I chose FF because of these reasons:
1) Close to where I live (ie. 1 block away)
2) Lots of classes because I’m not motivated enough to use the equipment
3) Can go to any other FF even if I move or go to another country
4) They gave me a good deal where sign-up fee ($75) was waived and 1 free month (ie. the 13th month)
5) Fortnightly fee was on a $36.95 special
But of course, the main downsides are:
1) Have to hire towels. C’mon, I mean, stingy much?!
2) Some classes are packed
I’m happy with it though. I’ve been going every 2nd day and am liking it so far. I’m super fit now 😀 At least that’s what I like to tell myself, HA HA! On Monday, I tried the Body Combat class for the first time with a girl friend – it was really fun and made me feel damn powerful and kick-ass.. but then when I looked at the mirror it was depressing to see a scrawy chick punching away weakly :X
But afterwards we rewarded ourselves with steak at St James Hotel down the road – where I seem to be once a week, every week 😉 The steak was done perrrrrfectly this time, and the chips & gravy was delectable. Such a great treat after a gym session!
On the fitness note, here’s the final eBay VS Google netball video: