FOOD, Food reviews, Uncategorized Protected: CABRAMATTA VIETNAMESE FOOD 4 June 2007

• __xopricktor posted on June 4, 2007 at 12:03 pm

HELLooOO..

If you want good pho try bankstown pho an, (i think thats wht its called). and the service is soooo fast and prompt cuz its all they sell, me and bf used to drive 30min there and back, eat in 10min and then rush to uni. LOL.

abit on the oily side tho, ive found it a tad oilier (sp?) but SO GOOD!

🙂

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:00 pm

Ahhh it’s so far too, all the good Viet places seem so far out of the city! But I LOVE Pho.. mmm

• babyflite posted on June 4, 2007 at 1:44 pm

We go to Cabramatta to buy live mud crabs and it’s always sooooo crowded! I love how so many places sell fresh sugar cane juice there though.

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:01 pm

Whoa that’s far! Why not at Pyrmont? I saw lots of sugar cane but we didn’t get any, I’m not a huge fan.. I don’t think I’ve ever had it before 😛

• somnistra posted on June 5, 2007 at 12:57 am

Sugar cane juice is pretty good IMO.. it’s very sweet and they squeeze it with a kumquat which gives it a fresh fragant tang!

And btw the prawn cake is actually wrapped around sticks of sugar cane! 😉

• starbucksweetie posted on June 4, 2007 at 2:23 pm

That trip looked mega fun! I love the look of the Vietnamese spring rolls and I’m amused by the guy that put his head on the table to get into the shot.

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:01 pm

The food was just brilliant, very impressed with it. Just wish we could move the whole place closer to the city 😉

• finding_tricia posted on June 4, 2007 at 2:48 pm

that’s A LOT of food! Now I’m really hungry. 😛

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:02 pm

We were like *bleurggghh* afterwards from the masses of food, and I didn’t even take all of it!

• tiffanyx posted on June 4, 2007 at 4:26 pm

sounds fanta-bulous!! i LOVE pho~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *drools*

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:02 pm

Metooooo ! Plus it’s healthy, woo hooo!

• tiffanyx posted on June 5, 2007 at 1:25 am

*nod* i love soupy stuffs! minus the onions though. :D~

• __xopricktor posted on June 4, 2007 at 12:03 pm

HELLooOO..

abit on the oily side tho, ive found it a tad oilier (sp?) but SO GOOD!

🙂

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:00 pm

• thefragrantelf posted on June 4, 2007 at 8:59 pm

Everything looks so fresh and delicious!!!! Except for maybe the pig’s blood jelly…hehe. Prawn cake…yummEH!!

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:02 pm

The blood jelly scared me, I was almost tempted to try it but couldn’t bring myself to!

• notsoraggedyane posted on June 4, 2007 at 9:42 pm

I LOVE VIETNAMESE! Think I did 4 days of it in the 8 that I was in Sydney! I miss the ‘Pho’…….*DROOL!*

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:03 pm

I think Viet is better in Sydney than it is in Singapore! It’s so yum and quite cheap too :)~

• babyflite posted on June 4, 2007 at 1:44 pm

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:01 pm

• somnistra posted on June 5, 2007 at 12:57 am

And btw the prawn cake is actually wrapped around sticks of sugar cane! 😉

• starbucksweetie posted on June 4, 2007 at 2:23 pm

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:01 pm

• finding_tricia posted on June 4, 2007 at 2:48 pm

that’s A LOT of food! Now I’m really hungry. 😛

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:02 pm

• tiffanyx posted on June 4, 2007 at 4:26 pm

sounds fanta-bulous!! i LOVE pho~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *drools*

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:02 pm

Metooooo ! Plus it’s healthy, woo hooo!

• tiffanyx posted on June 5, 2007 at 1:25 am

*nod* i love soupy stuffs! minus the onions though. :D~

• khemany posted on June 5, 2007 at 3:05 am

i love cabramatta it rocks, the food is delicious and cheap!

I go every 3 weeks or so with my familoy for my viet fix!

• beverly posted on June 5, 2007 at 9:45 pm

Aww your’e lucky, it was my first time there! Must go back for mooooore

• thefragrantelf posted on June 4, 2007 at 8:59 pm

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:02 pm

• notsoraggedyane posted on June 4, 2007 at 9:42 pm

• beverly posted on June 4, 2007 at 10:03 pm

• mesmerize_me posted on June 5, 2007 at 8:42 am

Oooh what kind of dessert did you have? I love asian desserts!

• beverly posted on June 5, 2007 at 9:45 pm

the one where you choose 5 fruits and they blend it all together with syrup! :)~

• khemany posted on June 5, 2007 at 3:05 am

i love cabramatta it rocks, the food is delicious and cheap!

I go every 3 weeks or so with my familoy for my viet fix!

• beverly posted on June 5, 2007 at 9:45 pm

Aww your’e lucky, it was my first time there! Must go back for mooooore

• renew posted on June 5, 2007 at 2:57 pm

The beef in the hot pot looks just like shabu shabu. I didn’t know Vietnamese had a dish like that too. 🙂

• beverly posted on June 5, 2007 at 9:47 pm

Yeah it’s super similar! I think a lot of cultures ‘overlap’ and have similar food, heh

• mesmerize_me posted on June 5, 2007 at 8:42 am

Oooh what kind of dessert did you have? I love asian desserts!

• beverly posted on June 5, 2007 at 9:45 pm