Living in... Singapore, Shopping, Uncategorized LOEWE SILK & LEATHER BAG, CROCS 16 March 2007

SO WHAT DID I BUY…………………….??

Haha, just a teaser! Whilst I was at the sale, the Loewe boutique was also offering some great deals. I spotted this GORGEOUS bag – pure soft silk held together with a supple leather handle. Hobo-style, so it slouched beautifully.. and the color just sold me – a brilliant cheery blue that would look fantastic as a casual bag with jeans!

I’m not going to announce prices because I find it kinda annoying/tacky when random people point at me and ask me how much this costs and how much that costs – it’s all in really bad taste IMHO. Unless of course it was me that first told them the price 😛 So I’m just going to say that the price was slashed by $1,200, THAT’S how good the sale was! Yay! I’m really happy with it and it’s quite a rare design, so at least if I get sick of it I can always sell it on eBay and probably end up selling it for more than what I paid 😛 But for now, I don’t intend to sell it at all, as I just love it! More of the (standard) Loewe handbags here, if you’re interested.

No pics of me carrying it yet though.. too lazy 😛

Loewe silk & leather bag

Close-up of the leather tabs

Leather handle

The not-so-great thing about living away from my parents is that not only do I hardly see them, but I don’t really get a chance to take them out and buy/give them stuff 🙁 So this time I gave Mum my Louis Vuitton Trouville because I think it looks nicer on her than it does on me 😛 It’s classy and suits her!

But anyways, I found the PERFECT thing to get for our whole family – CROCS! I’d never really noticed them before.. or rather I had, but I thought they were UGLY 😉 But this week, they released the new Capri style – which look fantastic and are so comfortable. Couldn’t resist and none of us have super-comfy flip flops, so it was well justified 🙂

CROCS for the whole family, haha!

Crocs store @ Vivo City

• l_i_z posted on March 15, 2007 at 2:30 pm

Oooh that Loewe bag is cute! I couldn’t imagine paying the original price for it.. $1,200 off! Damn!

Are Crocs those ugglllyy plastic shoes with the holes in them, that everyone says are the most comfortable thing ever? lol. The thongs don’t look that bad though.. might get me a pair of them hehe.

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 12:56 am

The Loewe was such a bargain I just COULD NOT resist, haha! It’s such an unusual bag too, I love it 🙂

And yes, crocs are those really ugly shoes 😉 I’m glad now they look more normal!

• somnistra posted on March 15, 2007 at 2:41 pm

I agree, those crocs look a lot more desirable. 🙂 Also, beautiful Loewe bag.. love the detailing on the handle!

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 12:56 am

I was just sold by how silky soft the Loewe is.. now I just have to be careful and keep it clean, yikes!

• farahdean posted on March 15, 2007 at 2:50 pm

do you sling the loewe across your body. the straps do look good for that. gorgeous blue, totally you!

love those crocs capri you got!!!

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 12:59 am

Nah it’s a shoulder bag, and it hangs are just the right height on me, yay!!

• pandora76 posted on March 15, 2007 at 2:57 pm

That is a GORGEOUS bag!!!!!!!! ♥

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 12:59 am

Yayy thanks! I love how cheery it is, and it’ll be perfect with jeans 🙂

• distractedfish posted on March 15, 2007 at 3:30 pm

Wow!!

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:00 am

At both? 😛 I was actually after the seafoam coloured Crocs, but they’d sold out. Then again, these brown ones are more wearable!

• tiffanyx posted on March 15, 2007 at 3:48 pm

gorgeous bag! love that blue! 🙂

annnddd oooh new crocs! can get for wj and my parents! 😀

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:01 am

I don’t have any blue bags so this will be really different to my other bags, and I LOVE the silk 🙂

You should get the crocs! But get at the isetan sale, 20% off

• tiffanyx posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:28 am

ahhh okok. sale till when?

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:51 am

I dunno, but it started yesterday and goes for a few days?

• tiffanyx posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:53 am

heh ok, i’ll go and check it out~~ thanks hunz! 🙂

• etherealprey posted on March 15, 2007 at 3:53 pm

i don’t like the original crocs that look like clogs, but the new ones that are flip flops are way better looking and way more comfy…hee hee…

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:03 am

Me neither, the original crocs are really strange and ugly IMHO.. I was so surprised when I saw these new Capri style, as they look just like regular shoes

• vamprila posted on March 15, 2007 at 3:55 pm

hey, the crocs are nice! Went to the website and saw the funky pink or blue ones! Shall go check it out at the shops!! =)

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:03 am

they’re really comfy and *bounce* when you walk, which make ’em waaaay better than regular flip flops:P

• opalline posted on March 15, 2007 at 4:54 pm

I was really surprised when I saw the header about Crocs, and was already preparing a snarky comment about how hideous they were (just kidding), but those are really nice! I actually do think that they are really comfy, but can’t quite bring myself to buy a pair of the ugly clogs. We also have very limited styles here too, so we never get any of the newer, slimmer styles. I like the store though, it looks so cheery!

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:05 am

Hahha I would’ve done that too – previously I’d sneered at Crocs, they just looked kinda ridiculous? I was quite shocked to see these Capris, they look totally normal, haha!

• misawong posted on March 15, 2007 at 6:25 pm

What a beautiful bag! I was waiting to see what bag you bought and this one is just in such a happy colour and a happy design. Makes one smile just looking at it. Great find! And those crocs flip flops look comfy as well.

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:05 am

It’s definitely a really happy looking bag, I just love the bright print and how super silky it is 😀

• natnatviv posted on March 15, 2007 at 10:15 pm

the bag is gorgeous! 😛

the new crocs doesnt look like “crocs” dont they?
    hehehehe should be comfy!

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:05 am

Heh yeah, these Crocs look normal, thankfully! And theyr’e so bouncy and nice:D

• l_i_z posted on March 15, 2007 at 2:30 pm

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 12:56 am

• somnistra posted on March 15, 2007 at 2:41 pm

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 12:56 am

• farahdean posted on March 15, 2007 at 2:50 pm

love those crocs capri you got!!!

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 12:59 am

Nah it’s a shoulder bag, and it hangs are just the right height on me, yay!!

• pandora76 posted on March 15, 2007 at 2:57 pm

That is a GORGEOUS bag!!!!!!!! ♥

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 12:59 am

Yayy thanks! I love how cheery it is, and it’ll be perfect with jeans 🙂

• jarmboo posted on March 15, 2007 at 11:17 pm

the bag is so pretty! its like a scarf bundled and tied together. ;D

and oh, i got my boyfriend a pair of crocs some time back and he loves it! but looks like i got to “update” his pair with this new design.

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:06 am

Yeah apparently it’s 3 scarves sewn together or something.. I just like how silky it feels 😛

The new Croc design is so nice! Just like normal flip flops, just that they feel a lot better. I’m scared off that chunky fat design 😛

• jarmboo posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:04 am

i dont like the chunky one either, looks weird, plus there is so many imitation nowadays.

and oh, how much is the slippers? the one i bought was $52

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:52 am

I think 8/10 of the ones we see are fakes 😛
          The Capris were about $68 each!

• distractedfish posted on March 15, 2007 at 3:30 pm

Wow!!

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:00 am

• tiffanyx posted on March 15, 2007 at 3:48 pm

gorgeous bag! love that blue! 🙂

annnddd oooh new crocs! can get for wj and my parents! 😀

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:01 am

You should get the crocs! But get at the isetan sale, 20% off

• tiffanyx posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:28 am

ahhh okok. sale till when?

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:51 am

I dunno, but it started yesterday and goes for a few days?

• tiffanyx posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:53 am

Great bag, Bev.

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:55 am

Thanks hon, I’m just a sucker for that color

• misawong posted on March 15, 2007 at 6:25 pm

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:05 am

• preciouslaura posted on March 16, 2007 at 3:20 am

not to sound like a jerk, but i TOTALLY AGREE. i’ve always been shocked to see people asking you how much something costs…. ?!?! (see also: the impoliteness of asking someone how much their salary is!)

that bag is sooooooooooo cute… and i’m not even really into handbags/purses! 🙂

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:57 am

Yeah :X I don’t mind if people ask for something that they’re about to buy themselves, and they want to make sure that they’re not being ripped off or anything. But I CANNOT STAND people that just ask for the sake of being nosy – ugh! 🙁 Besides, if they want to know, it’s easy to look it up online to find out..

But thank you! I like how cheery the bag is, and it’s fairly informal too so I can wear it with jeans 🙂

• sheila_1108 posted on March 16, 2007 at 3:21 am

Crocs..

Ya, I thought Crocs were ugly too until I tried on them. Super duper comfy!

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:58 am

Re: Crocs..

The original rubber Crocs don’t fit me unfortunately 🙁 But they’re sooo popular! I like their fun colors, heh

• natnatviv posted on March 15, 2007 at 10:15 pm

the bag is gorgeous! 😛

the new crocs doesnt look like “crocs” dont they?
    hehehehe should be comfy!

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:05 am

Heh yeah, these Crocs look normal, thankfully! And theyr’e so bouncy and nice:D

• jarmboo posted on March 15, 2007 at 11:17 pm

the bag is so pretty! its like a scarf bundled and tied together. ;D

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:06 am

• jarmboo posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:04 am

and oh, how much is the slippers? the one i bought was $52

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:52 am

I think 8/10 of the ones we see are fakes 😛
          The Capris were about $68 each!

• jujubee715 posted on March 16, 2007 at 8:12 am

omg that is a truly gorgeous bag!!! and silk! omg how lovely! i love the color too, so perfect for spring and summer and it sounds like you got it for a great deal!

• beverly posted on March 17, 2007 at 1:03 am

It’s going to be hell keeping it clean.. but at least it was on sale so it’s all justified. Haha!!

• xgirl76 posted on March 16, 2007 at 9:06 am

I love the bag! It looks just like a silk scarf, the way it ties at the handle 🙂

And I hate the look of the Crocs clogs, but those ones look pretty cute 🙂

• beverly posted on March 17, 2007 at 1:04 am

It looks almost like a DIY bag which is cool 🙂 The inside is lined though so it makes it a bit sturdier and the silk won’t get as dirty whew!

I agree, the regular Crocs look so strange, esp on my skinny feet. THese are so much nicer IMHO 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on March 16, 2007 at 1:11 am

Great bag, Bev.

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:55 am

Thanks hon, I’m just a sucker for that color

• preciouslaura posted on March 16, 2007 at 3:20 am

that bag is sooooooooooo cute… and i’m not even really into handbags/purses! 🙂

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:57 am

• sheila_1108 posted on March 16, 2007 at 3:21 am

Crocs..

Ya, I thought Crocs were ugly too until I tried on them. Super duper comfy!

• beverly posted on March 16, 2007 at 7:58 am

Re: Crocs..

• bikkle posted on March 16, 2007 at 12:08 pm

Hey babe, I’ve sent you an email regarding some Nike trial, give it a read and get back to me?

Thanks!

• beverly posted on March 17, 2007 at 1:04 am

Sure thing, thanks!

• ickleoriental posted on March 16, 2007 at 2:19 pm

omg that is SUCH a nice bag!

• beverly posted on March 17, 2007 at 1:05 am

I was like a crazy psycho woman – saw it and grabbed it and got the last one, haha! Sales are intense.

• jujubee715 posted on March 16, 2007 at 8:12 am

• beverly posted on March 17, 2007 at 1:03 am

• xgirl76 posted on March 16, 2007 at 9:06 am

And I hate the look of the Crocs clogs, but those ones look pretty cute 🙂

• beverly posted on March 17, 2007 at 1:04 am

• bikkle posted on March 16, 2007 at 12:08 pm

Thanks!

• beverly posted on March 17, 2007 at 1:04 am

Sure thing, thanks!

• ickleoriental posted on March 16, 2007 at 2:19 pm

omg that is SUCH a nice bag!

• beverly posted on March 17, 2007 at 1:05 am

• mzlizbit posted on March 17, 2007 at 12:24 am

wow that bag IS really nice. it’s so spring/summer-y 🙂 cute!

i’m surprised you didn’t buy the fuschia or the sea foam CROCS since you’re really into bright and bold colors 🙂
    but tan is good too…it goes with everything~

• beverly posted on March 17, 2007 at 1:06 am

I don’t think I have a bright blue bag like this, so I’m really happy with it!

Ahh I was looking at the seafoam but they’d sold out at the sale 🙁 But I got the brown ones because like you said, they’ll match with more clothes!

• mzlizbit posted on March 17, 2007 at 12:24 am

wow that bag IS really nice. it’s so spring/summer-y 🙂 cute!

but tan is good too…it goes with everything~

• beverly posted on March 17, 2007 at 1:06 am

I don’t think I have a bright blue bag like this, so I’m really happy with it!