FASHION, Uncategorized MISSONI SCARF 24 January 2007

So I did something really naughty and oh-so-impulsive a few days ago… I was flipping through Madison magazine and spotted this gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Missoni rainbow scarf. My heart skipped a beat.

The story behind this scarf: I’d originally seen it almost a year ago in another magazine. It was soft, slinky and rainbow.. basically exactly what I like. I really wanted it and noticed that the magazine listed the stockist that was located in Sydney. So the next week, I went to the store and eagerly asked for “that Missoni rainbow scarf I saw in the magazine”.. only to be told “Oh hon, it was so popular we had a ton of enquiries. It’s sold out!”

Distraught and annoyed, I stalked eBay for the next few months.. waiting for the scarf to appear. IT NEVER DID. Hunted around the stores here, couldn’t find it. Went to the Missoni boutique in Singapore, still unavailable. Pretty much gave up home after 10+ months of looking.

Then a few days ago, Madison magazine featured THAT EXACT SCARF!!!! This time, I didn’t wait a week – I just called the store, Christine, and said “I WANT THAT MISSONI RAINBOW SCARF!!!” The store was located in Melbourne but the lady said she would be happy to Express Post it to me, so I would receive it the very next day.

I did 🙂

The scarf is divine. A beautiful vibrant slash of rainbow zigzags against a black background. It’s not too long, and is really soft. It looks fab tied around the waist, just under the bust, around the neck, as a hairband/hairtie, on a bag.. soooo many different possibilities! It also folds into a tiny little thing, so it’s nice to pop into the smallest of my bags to whip out if my neck feels chilly.

Eeeeeee!! It’s the cutest little thing. Just a nice every day accessory to add colour to my outfit 🙂

Missoni scarf

• angelnotes posted on January 24, 2007 at 10:34 am

It looks really adorable! I’m glad you found it again. 😀

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:28 am

yeah and THIS time, I didn’t waste time buying it, hee!

• tyra8 posted on January 24, 2007 at 10:38 am

It’s lovely!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:28 am

Thanks! I love how silky it is 🙂

• bisoumoi posted on January 24, 2007 at 10:55 am

Wow! It looks delicious! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:30 am

I’m loving the rainbow 😀

• tiffanyx posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:18 am

GORGEOUS! love the colours!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:30 am

It means it’ll match EVERYTHING, haha!

• tiffanyx posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:49 am

LOL yesss. 🙂

good buy!

• cheekyvixen posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:19 am

GORG!

i absolutely loved that whole spread from madison, so exactly my style (if i earnt double my current income… LOL)

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:31 am

Yeah, I would buy all the fashion in there if I could 😛 Wishful thinking!

• millionairess posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:57 am

gorgeous! if there is ONE thing to get from missoni, this is it

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:28 pm

I agree, it’s the one thing from Missoni I’ve always coveted! The other stuff is waaaaay $$ anyway and this color combination is so nice IMHO! 🙂

• millionairess posted on January 26, 2007 at 12:20 am

hey do they have more of this? i’d love to get hold of one too.

• beverly posted on January 26, 2007 at 3:57 am

try giving them a call, the number’s at their website at the link above. Fingers crossed they will!

• __pinkpony posted on January 24, 2007 at 12:07 pm

wow what a pretty scarf!! 😀

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:29 pm

I really like how it’s rainbow so i can pretty much wear it with any top 🙂

• l_i_z posted on January 24, 2007 at 12:21 pm

OMG! That is adorable! You always find the most awesome things:)
    Can I ask how much it was?

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:29 pm

Thank ya! I really like it 🙂 It was full retail unfortunately as they never go on sale and I couldn’t find it on ebay 🙁

• Anonymous posted on January 24, 2007 at 12:56 pm

Ebay

Hi..do know that you sell stuff on ebay from time to time..mind letting me know how I can check out if you are selling anything once in a while?

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:30 pm

Re: Ebay

Sure thing, just email me and I’ll let you know!

• couturekitten posted on January 24, 2007 at 1:11 pm

Worth every penny, it’s completely gorgeous and cheery!! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:33 pm

Haha I love your icon! And yeah, I like that it’s so cheery but on a black base so it isn’t too Barbie-like

• couturekitten posted on January 24, 2007 at 9:09 pm

Yeah that’s true, on a lighter color it might be a cover overload. 🙂 Purr-fect!

And I’ve gone icon crazy! lol Spent like an hour picking out new ones yesterday, I really need to do better things with my time! =p

• past_midnite posted on January 24, 2007 at 2:00 pm

So pretty!

Can you tell me how much it is, please?

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:35 pm

I like just throwing it around my neck, and it fits into the smallest of my bags too! I had to pay full retail at the store.

• pandora76 posted on January 24, 2007 at 2:07 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I don’t dare ask how much but heck, you can afford to splurge now! 😉

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:36 pm

It’s a treat to myself after this month’s news etc 😛 And fortunately I haven’t really spend that much else this month!

• princesszhing posted on January 24, 2007 at 2:18 pm

ooo i likey.. very pretty mix of colors! it will certainly brighten a cold winter day up..

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:36 pm

Yeah! Can’t wait for winter now 😉

• aqualuna posted on January 24, 2007 at 3:11 pm

Oohhhhh GORGEOUS! Does the store still have another one for sale? If yes, I WANT one! =P

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:37 pm

You can try calling them? Do it quick though ‘cos that scarf sells out SO quickly!

• sweetchastity posted on January 24, 2007 at 4:31 pm

on your fashion passion website or in your livejournal…do you have any tips for buying authentic labels on ebay? i could really use your guidance, oh wise one!

• blueeyezz posted on January 24, 2007 at 5:47 pm

I second this request! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:40 pm

The thing is, there’s no real hard and fast rule – you just have to know the brand inside-out and then you can see at a glance if it’s authentic. I just built up my Balenciaga/LV/etc knowledge by buying the bags, inspecting them, and being so obsessed that I ended up being able to tell fakes apart from the authentic *lol*! 😛

• dianeeeee posted on January 24, 2007 at 5:46 pm

it’s gorgeous!!!!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:42 pm

Yayy thanks, I love it 😀

• susyspeed posted on January 24, 2007 at 6:22 pm

Hm, know if that’s available in the US? It’s so cute!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:45 pm

I believe so, might want to check with the Missoni boutique? only prob is that it may be sold out :X

• angelnotes posted on January 24, 2007 at 10:34 am

It looks really adorable! I’m glad you found it again. 😀

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:28 am

yeah and THIS time, I didn’t waste time buying it, hee!

• rubytues posted on January 24, 2007 at 6:35 pm

Very awesome scarf! Congrats on finally scoring it! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:54 pm

Hee thanks, blimmin’ FINALLY!

• tyra8 posted on January 24, 2007 at 10:38 am

It’s lovely!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:28 am

Thanks! I love how silky it is 🙂

• bisoumoi posted on January 24, 2007 at 10:55 am

Wow! It looks delicious! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:30 am

I’m loving the rainbow 😀

• tiffanyx posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:18 am

GORGEOUS! love the colours!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:30 am

It means it’ll match EVERYTHING, haha!

• tiffanyx posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:49 am

LOL yesss. 🙂

good buy!

• cheekyvixen posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:19 am

GORG!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:31 am

Yeah, I would buy all the fashion in there if I could 😛 Wishful thinking!

• isla_quack posted on January 24, 2007 at 7:33 pm

ohh i remember u wanting to buy this ages ago 🙂
    glad you found it.. love how u tied the bow !!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:55 pm

It looks nice tied in a bow around a handbag handle 😀

• millionairess posted on January 24, 2007 at 11:57 am

gorgeous! if there is ONE thing to get from missoni, this is it

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:28 pm

• millionairess posted on January 26, 2007 at 12:20 am

hey do they have more of this? i’d love to get hold of one too.

• beverly posted on January 26, 2007 at 3:57 am

• __pinkpony posted on January 24, 2007 at 12:07 pm

wow what a pretty scarf!! 😀

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:29 pm

I really like how it’s rainbow so i can pretty much wear it with any top 🙂

• l_i_z posted on January 24, 2007 at 12:21 pm

OMG! That is adorable! You always find the most awesome things:)
    Can I ask how much it was?

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:29 pm

• Anonymous posted on January 24, 2007 at 12:56 pm

Ebay

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:30 pm

Re: Ebay

Sure thing, just email me and I’ll let you know!

• couturekitten posted on January 24, 2007 at 1:11 pm

Worth every penny, it’s completely gorgeous and cheery!! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:33 pm

• couturekitten posted on January 24, 2007 at 9:09 pm

Yeah that’s true, on a lighter color it might be a cover overload. 🙂 Purr-fect!

• j0s1e267 posted on January 24, 2007 at 9:34 pm

It’s GORGEOUS! Absolutely GORGEOUS!

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:26 am

I think so too *jumps up and down*!!

• past_midnite posted on January 24, 2007 at 2:00 pm

So pretty!

Can you tell me how much it is, please?

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:35 pm

• pandora76 posted on January 24, 2007 at 2:07 pm

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:36 pm

• princesszhing posted on January 24, 2007 at 2:18 pm

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:36 pm

Yeah! Can’t wait for winter now 😉

• starbucksweetie posted on January 24, 2007 at 10:36 pm

I love it! Previously, I was waxing on about how I love scarves to tie in your hair or on your handbag and how it reminded me of Gwyneth Paltrow’s character in the Talented Mr. Ripley. Great fashion investment. If you want something for so long, it shows that you really wanted it and it’s not an impulsive purchase.

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:27 am

I def think they’re lovely tied onto a handbag, and it doubles up as a scarf too if it gets cold

• aqualuna posted on January 24, 2007 at 3:11 pm

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:37 pm

• borboleta posted on January 25, 2007 at 12:10 am

OH my, it’s so gorgeous! Knowing what it’s like to be in love with something and having to wait a long til you finally get it, I can imagine how happy you’re feeling right now 🙂

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:28 am

Yeah, it’s a real thrill to finally get my hands on it, since I waited months and months 🙂

• sweetchastity posted on January 24, 2007 at 4:31 pm

• blueeyezz posted on January 24, 2007 at 5:47 pm

I second this request! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:40 pm

• misskesha24 posted on January 25, 2007 at 1:12 am

I love it! and I want one is there any way I could get the link for it please? You always have the best finds!

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:29 am

Ohh I haven’t seen a pic or info of it online, I”m sorry 🙁 I’ve only seen it in magazines!

• tracyhuang posted on January 25, 2007 at 1:30 am

Hawt! Gorgeous, isn’t it? If you don’t mind me asking how much was it?

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:30 am

I ended up paying retail, so the same price as it would sell at any store. And then Express post on top but it wasn’t too bad since the store was Australian

• dianeeeee posted on January 24, 2007 at 5:46 pm

it’s gorgeous!!!!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:42 pm

Yayy thanks, I love it 😀

• simplysteph posted on January 25, 2007 at 2:18 am

Cutest freaking scarf EVER!

Good to hear you finally got it. There’s nothing worse than that one fashion item that “got away” is there?

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:30 am

Heh so true! I’m VERY happy I”ve got my hot ‘lil hands on it now 😉

• susyspeed posted on January 24, 2007 at 6:22 pm

Hm, know if that’s available in the US? It’s so cute!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:45 pm

• rubytues posted on January 24, 2007 at 6:35 pm

Very awesome scarf! Congrats on finally scoring it! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:54 pm

Hee thanks, blimmin’ FINALLY!

• isla_quack posted on January 24, 2007 at 7:33 pm

ohh i remember u wanting to buy this ages ago 🙂
    glad you found it.. love how u tied the bow !!

• beverly posted on January 24, 2007 at 8:55 pm

It looks nice tied in a bow around a handbag handle 😀

• j0s1e267 posted on January 24, 2007 at 9:34 pm

It’s GORGEOUS! Absolutely GORGEOUS!

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:26 am

I think so too *jumps up and down*!!

• starbucksweetie posted on January 24, 2007 at 10:36 pm

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:27 am

• borboleta posted on January 25, 2007 at 12:10 am

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:28 am

• misskesha24 posted on January 25, 2007 at 1:12 am

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:29 am

• tracyhuang posted on January 25, 2007 at 1:30 am

Hawt! Gorgeous, isn’t it? If you don’t mind me asking how much was it?

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:30 am

• simplysteph posted on January 25, 2007 at 2:18 am

Cutest freaking scarf EVER!

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 6:30 am

Heh so true! I’m VERY happy I”ve got my hot ‘lil hands on it now 😉

• distractedfish posted on January 25, 2007 at 12:13 pm

It’s soooo pretty!!

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 9:37 pm

Hehe I like it too! 😛

• distractedfish posted on January 25, 2007 at 12:13 pm

It’s soooo pretty!!

• beverly posted on January 25, 2007 at 9:37 pm

Hehe I like it too! 😛

• outof_focus posted on January 27, 2007 at 3:05 pm

Wow, that’s a gorgeous scarf!

• beverly posted on January 27, 2007 at 10:32 pm

Heh thanks.. i’m seriously in love with it 😀

• outof_focus posted on January 27, 2007 at 3:05 pm

Wow, that’s a gorgeous scarf!

• beverly posted on January 27, 2007 at 10:32 pm