Living in... Singapore, Shopping, Uncategorized SHOPPING IN SG 23 December 2006

I have around 100 photos from the past few days of internet-AWOL-ness.. and most are foodie pics 😉 So for now I’ll just post some random ones!

Diane Von Furstenberg – I LOVE her dresses, even though they’re
more flattering on curvier girls. This dress was my fave.

Depressingly, it looked nicer on the model than on me 🙁

Really liked this one too!

Dad liked this one, it’ll be nice for work

Almost got this silk skirt, but it made my bum look really big 🙁

A photo of me taking a photo, haha! I was actually taking
a photo of mum as she was trying on clothes too.

Pretty Christmas tree at Raffles Town Club

We had dinner, then Goreng Pisang for dessert at Raffles Town Club. Yum!

Awesome Royce chocolates from a family friend. Who wants
ol’ Godiva when you can have Royce?! Sooooooooo good :)~

BBQ stingray. Yummy!

Someone kindly explain why these “Australian avocados” are SG$2 (vs SG$2.50 in Australia)
and look better/bigger? Why are Aussie farmers selling their avocados out of the country
for cheaper than what Aussie consumers would pay in the shops?! UGH!!

• choreophobic posted on December 23, 2006 at 9:10 am

Such cute dresses! I’m trying to wear dresses more, they’re way more fun than wearing pants all of the time

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 10:00 am

Same! I hardly own any dresses.. must learn to be more feminine

• kare2711 posted on December 23, 2006 at 9:27 am

I LOVE the first dress. Do they have a huge variety of dresses at the Taka corner? How much is the first dress?

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 10:01 am

I adore it too, love how it’s so unique and also the geometric design. There’s quite a large variety of dresses and some of them (not the very nice ones though!) are on 30% now. The 3 I tried on were about SG$890 I think? (no sale!)

• kare2711 posted on December 23, 2006 at 10:40 am

For something I don’t wear to work, $890 is so overpriced. But I’m still tempted. :p

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:41 pm

I know! Same here.. but it’s such a nice ‘special occasion’ dress…. *wistful*

• inthestill posted on December 23, 2006 at 10:48 am

The second dress is amazing on you Bev! 🙂

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:42 pm

Aww thanks! I really LOVE ’em but haven’t yet figured a way to justify the price:X

• l_i_z posted on December 23, 2006 at 10:55 am

The second and third dresses look great on you!

And how could anything make your bum look big? haha ♥

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:44 pm

That skirt did, or at least it didn’t look as ‘slinky’ as the dresses! It was sooo nice though, I nearly got it 😛

• glassextreme posted on December 23, 2006 at 1:41 pm

They are so nice and expensive!
    The cutting is good.

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:45 pm

Ya, they’re actually not that $$ in the USA, just heaps pricier in SG and AU 🙁

• pei posted on December 23, 2006 at 4:49 pm

yeap…that’s why you should buy them from US online retailers! heh 😛

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 1:11 am

Most of them don’t ship intl… grrrr! And re-posting using a diff company is sooo $$ 🙁

• pei posted on December 24, 2006 at 2:11 am

do it via V-Post! it’s pretty cheap, although it’ll only ship to Singapore…have your parents then remail it to you!

• jesuisariel posted on December 23, 2006 at 2:00 pm

I like you in the second and third dresses. Are you getting them?

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:46 pm

I would if they would go on sale! At SG$890 or so each, I can’t justify them yet.. but I’m tempted 😉

• pandora76 posted on December 23, 2006 at 5:00 pm

Get a vPost account or comgateway acccount (as rec’d by K) and get your DVF fix online!

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 1:12 am

They’re quite $$ aren’t they? 🙁 I may consider if I really can’t handle the insane prices charged in SG/AU for nice clothes though!

• jesuisariel posted on December 24, 2006 at 12:30 am

Or try eBay? 😉

• starbucksweetie posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:50 pm

Love all the DVF dresses that you tried on, especially the second one. At Holt Renfrew we have the blue one but in a wrap version. The dessert looks good, and you have so much chocolate. Anyhow BBQ stingray sounds so exotic.

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 1:13 am

You’re so lucky that the prices there are reasonable.. next time I’m in Canada or the States, I’ll have to go on a shopping binge!

• pandora76 posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:50 pm

Dontcha just love DVF! 😉

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 1:14 am

I always lust over DVF dresses but have never bought one, d’oh! I think they do look nicer on curvier women but it doesn’t stop me liking them, heheh

• choreophobic posted on December 23, 2006 at 9:10 am

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 10:00 am

Same! I hardly own any dresses.. must learn to be more feminine

• kare2711 posted on December 23, 2006 at 9:27 am

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 10:01 am

• kare2711 posted on December 23, 2006 at 10:40 am

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:41 pm

I know! Same here.. but it’s such a nice ‘special occasion’ dress…. *wistful*

• inthestill posted on December 23, 2006 at 10:48 am

The second dress is amazing on you Bev! 🙂

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:42 pm

• l_i_z posted on December 23, 2006 at 10:55 am

The second and third dresses look great on you!

And how could anything make your bum look big? haha ♥

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:44 pm

• glassextreme posted on December 23, 2006 at 1:41 pm

They are so nice and expensive!
    The cutting is good.

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:45 pm

Ya, they’re actually not that $$ in the USA, just heaps pricier in SG and AU 🙁

• pei posted on December 23, 2006 at 4:49 pm

yeap…that’s why you should buy them from US online retailers! heh 😛

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 1:11 am

• pei posted on December 24, 2006 at 2:11 am

• jesuisariel posted on December 23, 2006 at 2:00 pm

I like you in the second and third dresses. Are you getting them?

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:46 pm

• pandora76 posted on December 23, 2006 at 5:00 pm

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 1:12 am

• jesuisariel posted on December 24, 2006 at 12:30 am

Or try eBay? 😉

• starbucksweetie posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:50 pm

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 1:13 am

• pandora76 posted on December 23, 2006 at 3:50 pm

Dontcha just love DVF! 😉

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 1:14 am

• queen_bead posted on December 24, 2006 at 12:53 am

You’re looking really fit and healthy in your photos. Congrats on all your hard work! I’ve let myself slip a bit over the holidays and I need to get back into it =I

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 1:15 am

Aww thanks!! I haven’t been able to exercise for 4 months (since my knee) so it’s really annoying.. but hopefully in a few months i can get back started again 😛

• queen_bead posted on December 24, 2006 at 12:53 am

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 1:15 am

• misawong posted on January 2, 2007 at 4:22 am

The dress that your dad likes looks really good on you. Also your food pictures always make me so hungry especially whenever you go back to Singapore. Have fun!

• beverly posted on January 2, 2007 at 6:07 am

Aww thanks! I love the dresses but will probably get them from the online boutique or eBay.. too expensive outside of the USA 🙁

• misawong posted on January 2, 2007 at 4:22 am