Ferrets, FOOD, Food reviews, Uncategorized FERRET DAY, MAKAN @ ALICE’S 4 December 2006

Went to Ferret Day over the weekend! It was nice to see everyone again and meet all their fuzzles. Star had a good time sniffing around but Misty’s a bit anti-social and just wants to be held all the time, she isn’t really fussed with other ferrets and just wants to play only with humans. We had good fun and looking forward to the next meetup in Feb!

With Misty and Star

Misty cuddled up to Chris

Little Star

Looking to be picked up

Star poking her head out of the tube

Lots of white ferrets

“Pick me up mommy!”

Makan @ Alice’s
262β€”264 Pennant Hills Rd
Thornleigh, NSW 2120
$$—

Since Ferret Day was located a few blocks down from Alice’s, we headed there for lunch. I’d initially just wanted to eat at the Ferret Day, since they had set up ham/chicken/turkey/etc and salads to make a sandwich – yum! But Chris reckoned Alice’s was better, since it was so close to where we were.

Chris ordered his usual Char Kway Teow and a Chendol for us to share. I opted for the Mee Rebus which was lovely – creamy gravy with fat noodles swimming in it, and topped with an assortment of ingredients. For dessert, we had some Onde Onde. Totally satisfying!

Mee Rebus – Hokkien noodles in thick chicken & potato gravy with prawn fritters, tofu,
calamari, potatoes, lettuce & egg. Garnished with fried shallots, spicy sambal & fresh cut chillies

Chendol – Homemade springy pandan strands, grass jelly &
red bean in coconut milk with shaved ice & rich gula melaka

Onde Onde dessert balls

• starbucksweetie posted on December 4, 2006 at 1:11 am

Yum, the Mee Reebus looks especially filling.

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 5:58 am

It’s def a carboholic’s delight, like me. Plus the gravy is actually potato-based, more carbs!

• phona posted on December 4, 2006 at 1:49 am

eee! that green ball looks like it’s going to eat me!

(not if I eat it first)

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 5:59 am

Haha I just looked again and it does look like a scary green monster πŸ˜‰ At least it tastes good!

• brenda81 posted on December 4, 2006 at 2:20 am

I love those ferrets!
    If only we can rear them in Singapore..

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 5:59 am

I know! I can’t move back to SG until they’re taken off the exotic pet list πŸ™

• eviltofu posted on December 4, 2006 at 2:59 am

Too bad most of the mee rebus in Singapore don’t look like that!!!

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 6:00 am

I can’t comment, as I”ve never had mee rebus in SG before.. believe it or not! i will next week when I’m there πŸ˜‰

• emiliosydhagen posted on October 17, 2008 at 6:50 am

Food’s not too bad this time too. Looks like they have changed for the better. This is the chicken, mushroom and sausage rice.

• budding_corsage posted on December 4, 2006 at 3:51 am

that pic of Chris holding Misty is sooo cute! looks like misty’s butt is all bunched up..hehe. Adorable

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 6:00 am

Hehe yeah, she fits in his hand when she’s squooshed up πŸ˜›

• jesuisariel posted on December 4, 2006 at 8:07 am

Your two ferrets are absolutely adorable! My fav is the darling little Star….so cute and cuddly!!!

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 8:58 am

She’s a little fluff ball πŸ˜€ Your icon is soooo cute btw!

• starbucksweetie posted on December 4, 2006 at 1:11 am

Yum, the Mee Reebus looks especially filling.

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 5:58 am

• phona posted on December 4, 2006 at 1:49 am

eee! that green ball looks like it’s going to eat me!

(not if I eat it first)

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 5:59 am

• brenda81 posted on December 4, 2006 at 2:20 am

I love those ferrets!
    If only we can rear them in Singapore..

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 5:59 am

• red_hue posted on December 4, 2006 at 10:35 am

How…how… how… can you eat all that and still remain so slim?!?!?

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 8:26 pm

Well I try to share a dessert with Chris, etc.. instead of having 2 desserts for myself like i normally would, haha. BUt it’s soooo hard! πŸ™

• eviltofu posted on December 4, 2006 at 2:59 am

Too bad most of the mee rebus in Singapore don’t look like that!!!

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 6:00 am

• emiliosydhagen posted on October 17, 2008 at 6:50 am

• budding_corsage posted on December 4, 2006 at 3:51 am

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 6:00 am

Hehe yeah, she fits in his hand when she’s squooshed up πŸ˜›

• jesuisariel posted on December 4, 2006 at 8:07 am

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 8:58 am

She’s a little fluff ball πŸ˜€ Your icon is soooo cute btw!

• shop_princess posted on December 4, 2006 at 6:00 pm

everytime you post a pix of the chendol – i seriously DROOL : /

there doesn’t seem to be a place in Toronto that sells Chendol – or even know that the heck it is. Everyone i’ve asked just gives me this blank look. : (

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 8:24 pm

If there’s a place with SG/Malaysian food, you can ask and hopefully they make it! πŸ˜›
      I added you back btw

• shop_princess posted on December 4, 2006 at 8:52 pm

there isn’t even a malaysian restaurant around… sucks huh?! I tried the vietnamese version – but it doesn’t look as good as the one you post.

thanks. I posted a comment to you a while back but you didn’t respond : ( I hope you didn’t mind that i added you before you saying yes πŸ™‚

• beverly posted on December 5, 2006 at 4:53 am

Oh ugh.. someone should open one there, they’d have monopoly πŸ˜‰

I don’t think I saw your comment! Sorry πŸ™ But I added you now πŸ™‚

• red_hue posted on December 4, 2006 at 10:35 am

How…how… how… can you eat all that and still remain so slim?!?!?

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 8:26 pm

• thefragrantelf posted on December 4, 2006 at 11:21 pm

As usual, after seeing your ferrets, I turn to goo. So cute!

And, ooooh give me some of that Mee Rebus! What a divine combo of things!!!!

• beverly posted on December 5, 2006 at 4:53 am

I just LOVE mee rebus… gotta try it when I’m in SG!

• shop_princess posted on December 4, 2006 at 6:00 pm

everytime you post a pix of the chendol – i seriously DROOL : /

• beverly posted on December 4, 2006 at 8:24 pm

I added you back btw

• shop_princess posted on December 4, 2006 at 8:52 pm

• beverly posted on December 5, 2006 at 4:53 am

Oh ugh.. someone should open one there, they’d have monopoly πŸ˜‰

I don’t think I saw your comment! Sorry πŸ™ But I added you now πŸ™‚

• thefragrantelf posted on December 4, 2006 at 11:21 pm

As usual, after seeing your ferrets, I turn to goo. So cute!

And, ooooh give me some of that Mee Rebus! What a divine combo of things!!!!

• beverly posted on December 5, 2006 at 4:53 am

I just LOVE mee rebus… gotta try it when I’m in SG!

• pandora76 posted on December 7, 2006 at 3:26 am

I luuuurve onde onde!! :-9

The pic of the white ferrets is too cute! I wanted to squeal when I saw it.

• beverly posted on December 7, 2006 at 10:55 am

Hehe they were really funny, playing around with each other!

• pandora76 posted on December 7, 2006 at 3:26 am

I luuuurve onde onde!! :-9

The pic of the white ferrets is too cute! I wanted to squeal when I saw it.

• beverly posted on December 7, 2006 at 10:55 am

Hehe they were really funny, playing around with each other!