FOOD, Food reviews, Living in... Singapore, Uncategorized COFFEE BEAN & S11 WANTON MEE 17 December 2006

Had a quick breakfast at The Coffee Bean before Church today. At around $6.00 for a meal + coffee, it was a total bargain! I can see why Singaporeans love to eat.. with prices hovering around $2.50 for a full meal, you can pretty much eat non-stop 24/7 and still have money left to spare 😉 Anyway, the breakfast was really satisfying and egg-y (haha). It hit the spot!

Eggs Benedict with Tea (SG$6.50)

Soft-Boiled Eggs with Toast Soldiers and Coffee (SG$6.00)

All of us headed off to S11 Hawker Centre down the road (at Bishan) afterwards for a quick, cheap lunch. I was overcome with the desire to eat (somewhat) healthy. Y’see, I figure I need to pace myself – one meal all-out-nasty and one meal vaguely healthy.. and I figure this kind of strategy will prevent me from getting fat, haha. So for lunch, I had Wanton Mee. The mee (ie. noodles) were hand-made and the dish didn’t look very appetising. But it still tasted good – the wontons were fine and smooth and the Char Siew (ie. BBQ pork) was thin and tender. Plus I felt ever-so-saintly afterwards 😛 That is, until I attacked the Gingerbread my aunt bought from me from Hyatt! It’s so $$ but it’s the BEST gingerbread – all moist and soft… mmmm…..

Had a Goreng Pisang (deep-fried sweet banana) at Church

Wanton Mee stall

Wanton Mee

Hyatt hotel gingerbread

• angelnotes posted on December 17, 2006 at 10:48 am

I love your breakfast! Yum yum. :P~ What are you having for dinner? Haha.

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 12:46 am

Had homecooked food for dinner *smacks lips*

• catpuccino posted on December 17, 2006 at 12:03 pm

I love breakfast! It’s my fave cafe food! I don’t get to do good breakfasts out that often cos usually I have a rushed one at home… so it’s always a nice treat! But yes, I’d probably do it more if it was at those Singapore prices!!! I went out for brekkie in Melbourne and our brekkies were at least $12! And my friend and I got this crazy one called Fatty Boomba (SOOO Much FOOD) and that was $20! But totally worth it… mmm… didnt finish it though… they weren’t kidding when they said you needed to be hungry!!!

I hope your eat nasty/eat healthy plan works out! 😀

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 12:49 am

Yeah it’s nice to go out for a nice breakfast.. except that we have to get up early, haha! but yes, I don’t do it in Sydney often as the price is just ridiculous, for the EXACT same food ;(

• protozone posted on December 17, 2006 at 1:35 pm

Aww jeez. You got me craving some eggs benedict, now. That’s a problem for me because it’s 12:30am!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 12:50 am

Hehe. I’m a big fan of eggs benedict!

• am_klutz posted on December 17, 2006 at 2:05 pm

Damn! I miss Coffee Bean’s brecckie! Should go back there soon!
    The waffles are nice too!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 12:52 am

I find it sooo cheap compared to AU, but when compared to hawker food, it’s $$!

Ahh I was eyeing the waffles too 😉

• farahdean posted on December 17, 2006 at 2:49 pm

the gingerbread looks like the same one i got last thurs when i attended a private event at raffles the plaza! 🙂

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 12:54 am

Maybe it’s from Hyatt too? I LOVE it.. sooo soft and it’s got a better flavour than the others, yum:)~

• starbucksweetie posted on December 17, 2006 at 3:46 pm

A deep fried banana sounds intriguing.

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 1:02 am

It’s a typical Singaporean dessert/snack. SO good!

• angelnotes posted on December 17, 2006 at 10:48 am

I love your breakfast! Yum yum. :P~ What are you having for dinner? Haha.

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 12:46 am

Had homecooked food for dinner *smacks lips*

• catpuccino posted on December 17, 2006 at 12:03 pm

I hope your eat nasty/eat healthy plan works out! 😀

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 12:49 am

• islegrl posted on December 17, 2006 at 8:30 pm

I’m curious…is Christmas a big event in Singapore?

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 1:04 am

Bigger than it is in australia IMHO.. because the entire city gets dressed up – all the buildings are decorated and people go MAD xmas shopping and eating and such 😉

• protozone posted on December 17, 2006 at 1:35 pm

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 12:50 am

Hehe. I’m a big fan of eggs benedict!

• am_klutz posted on December 17, 2006 at 2:05 pm

Damn! I miss Coffee Bean’s brecckie! Should go back there soon!
    The waffles are nice too!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 12:52 am

I find it sooo cheap compared to AU, but when compared to hawker food, it’s $$!

Ahh I was eyeing the waffles too 😉

• farahdean posted on December 17, 2006 at 2:49 pm

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 12:54 am

• starbucksweetie posted on December 17, 2006 at 3:46 pm

A deep fried banana sounds intriguing.

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 1:02 am

It’s a typical Singaporean dessert/snack. SO good!

• yrtoothfairy posted on December 18, 2006 at 4:12 am

ur in sg too!!!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 7:40 am

Ya! the weather is a bit crap tho :X

• yrtoothfairy posted on December 18, 2006 at 4:04 pm

tell me about it man.. geez.. keeps raining..but then again it’s better than the drought situation in vic

• islegrl posted on December 17, 2006 at 8:30 pm

I’m curious…is Christmas a big event in Singapore?

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 1:04 am

• yrtoothfairy posted on December 18, 2006 at 4:12 am

ur in sg too!!!

• beverly posted on December 18, 2006 at 7:40 am

Ya! the weather is a bit crap tho :X

• yrtoothfairy posted on December 18, 2006 at 4:04 pm

• popcorn_feet posted on December 22, 2006 at 1:58 am

Those breakfasts look soooooooooooooooo good!

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 4:03 am

And considering the price, it was such a bargain *grin*

• popcorn_feet posted on December 22, 2006 at 1:58 am

Those breakfasts look soooooooooooooooo good!

• beverly posted on December 23, 2006 at 4:03 am