FOOD, Food reviews, Uncategorized THE VINEYARD 25 November 2006

Vineyard Bar Cafe
104 Willoughby Rd
Crows Nest, NSW 2065
$$$$-

I’m so so so pleased to have discovered a fantastic restaurant right near where I live! Located in the foodaholic delight’s area of Crows Nest, The Vineyard has a small glass-door entrance that transports you into a rustic vineyard when you enter. Vines and grapes hang from the ceilings and the atmosphere is the epitome of cosy and warm. We were seated quickly by the glass window and the waitress was efficient and friendly yet professional. She brought out a blackboard with their Specials, which meant Chris and I spent ages debating what to order.. everything on their menu just looked divine!

We ended up sharing 2 mains. The Spaghetti with fresh blue swimmer crabmeat, parsley, lemon & garlic was absolutely spectacular. The spaghetti was slippery and lightly salted, and came laden with sweet crab. And LOTS of it. Every mouthful was filled with the beautiful sea flavour of the crabmeat, basted in a sour/sweet light tomato gravy. It was one of the best seafood pastas I’ve had, and came in a lovely big helping. Absolutely brilliant!

Also had the Morroccan-spiced rump of lamb (served medium-rare) on sweet potato mash with wilted spinach & lemon, which I couldn’t resist since I’m currently obsessed with anything lamb. My only complaint with the dish was that I wish there was more lamb.. because it was fantastic! Meaty but tender and a beautiful pink on the inside, and I loved how the “Morroccan-spiced” outside gave it this lovely charcoal flavour.. mmmmmmmmm!! Oh it was divine :)~

We were really really happy with the food, ambience and service. Plus it’s great to find a really good Western restaurant so close-by, it’s just about the only one we’ve found so far in the local area. Will DEFINITELY be back!

The Vineyard

Dining area

Spaghetti with fresh blue swimmer crabmeat, parsley, lemon & garlic ($24)
Morroccan-spiced rump of lamb (served medium-rare) on sweet potato mash with wilted spinach & lemon ($27)

Close-up of spaghetti

• divad posted on November 24, 2006 at 11:36 pm

whoah that looks really cool… I’ll be sure to try it out 🙂 I was beginning to think that Sydney was running dry of nice restaurants..

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:51 am

I find a lot of Western restaurants around me are overpriced and mediocre food.. so I’m really happy with this 😀

• starbucksweetie posted on November 24, 2006 at 11:47 pm

Wow, the setting is very impressive. I think the red room looks cozy and I’ve never seen that in a lounge area. The purple and the grape vines just look great together. The food portions look huge and very satisfying. They look tasty too!

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:52 am

The spaghetti was a lovely big portion, but the lamb was a little on the small side IMHO.. or maybe I’m just greedy 😉

• angelnotes posted on November 25, 2006 at 2:46 am

It’s always nice to find good food that’s also convenient! 😀

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:52 am

Yeah, so happy with it! We’ll def be back 🙂

• makeupmag posted on November 25, 2006 at 4:15 am

The spaghetti looks SO good. Gracious. How do you stay so skinny?!

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:57 am

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:51 am

• starbucksweetie posted on November 24, 2006 at 11:47 pm

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:52 am

• dianeeeee posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:02 am

the pasta looks absolutely divine *drools*

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:44 am

It was sooo brilliant, I’m tickled pink that I’ve got great pasta near where I live now 😀

• angelnotes posted on November 25, 2006 at 2:46 am

It’s always nice to find good food that’s also convenient! 😀

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:52 am

Yeah, so happy with it! We’ll def be back 🙂

• makeupmag posted on November 25, 2006 at 4:15 am

The spaghetti looks SO good. Gracious. How do you stay so skinny?!

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:57 am

Erm.. with great difficulty! I’m putting on weight.. oops :X

• tiffanyx posted on November 25, 2006 at 4:18 am

the spag looks delishhh! :P~~~

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:57 am

one of the nicest pasta Ive had and def the BEST pasta in my area :)~~~~

• tiffanyx posted on November 25, 2006 at 2:29 pm

i really should plan a trip to sydney soon! 😀

• dianeeeee posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:02 am

the pasta looks absolutely divine *drools*

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:44 am

• misskesha24 posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:23 pm

The place looks great and I am glad that you found another great place to eat!

• beverly posted on November 26, 2006 at 2:53 am

I’m pleased with it! Can’t wait to go back 🙂

• blueeyezz posted on November 25, 2006 at 11:59 pm

How is it that you have so many great (ie. not chain!) restaurants around you?? I’m so jealous. 🙂

• beverly posted on November 26, 2006 at 2:54 am

I do live in a foodie area.. which is fortunate, hehe. Australia is getting to be like the USA quickly though, loads of chain restaurants keep popping up! But I like those too,except unfortunately Taco Bell pulled out of the country last year 🙁

• blueeyezz posted on November 26, 2006 at 2:56 am

What??!! No Taco Bell?? I couldn’t survive without my late night stops at the bell. 🙁

• misskesha24 posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:23 pm

The place looks great and I am glad that you found another great place to eat!

• beverly posted on November 26, 2006 at 2:53 am

I’m pleased with it! Can’t wait to go back 🙂

• blueeyezz posted on November 25, 2006 at 11:59 pm

• beverly posted on November 26, 2006 at 2:54 am

• blueeyezz posted on November 26, 2006 at 2:56 am

• naughtypanther posted on November 30, 2006 at 8:51 am

omg! The picture looks edible.. I’m starving just looking at them!!!

• beverly posted on November 30, 2006 at 11:54 am

The food was SUPERB, we are so going back! 🙂

• naughtypanther posted on November 30, 2006 at 8:51 am

omg! The picture looks edible.. I’m starving just looking at them!!!

• beverly posted on November 30, 2006 at 11:54 am