FOOD, Food reviews, Uncategorized RAMEN KAN @ CHATSWOOD 27 November 2006

Ramen Kan
Shop 6, 272 Victoria Ave
Chatswood, NSW 2067
$$—

Ramen Kan’s an oldie but a goodie. It’s always on the cards when we’re at Chatswood, serving cheap great Japanese food. The place is simple, and you go up to the counter to order and pay at the same time, before the food is delivered. Service is prompt and friendly and the food always comes out quickly, a bonus for greedy people like us 😉

Started off with Agedashi Tofu. For $4.90, we got 3 big chunks of tofu, lightly deep friend so it was crisp on the outside but silky on the inside. It came with a generous helping of bonito (fish flakes), and light Japanese soy sauce. Really good :)~

Main was Grilled Salmon with Rice, Japanese Salad and Miso Soup. I’ve had the same dish before, and I don’t remember the salmon being amazing. But decided to have it again because I wanted to be healthy 😛 THIS time, the salmon was utterly divine – it was really smooth, fatty and silky.. just perfect. A nice, healthy lunch!

Ramen Kan @ Chatswood

Agedashi Tofu

Grilled Salmon with Rice, Japanese Salad and Miso Soup

For dessert, Pat & Stick home-made Double Chocolate ice cream
“Rich Belgian couveture chocolate ice cream with a choc-fudge cookie.”

• finding_tricia posted on November 27, 2006 at 5:25 am

Yum as usual! Didn’t know Jimmy Choo has flat sandals, always thought it’s all heels, heels and heels. Bag charms are the latest fad! Saw so many nice ones at Taipei.

• beverly posted on November 27, 2006 at 9:28 am

Jimmy Choo has really gorgeous flats.. I like ’em cos they have a bit of glamour/pizzaz.. whereas flats normally are kinda boring 😛

• madmoneymonkey posted on November 27, 2006 at 6:47 am

Man I super love agedashi tofu!!! And that one looks yum!

• beverly posted on November 27, 2006 at 9:29 am

Me toooooo and I think it’s healthy too right??

• madmoneymonkey posted on November 27, 2006 at 1:51 pm

Well, it’s fried but tofu is healthy! Heh.

• babyflite posted on November 27, 2006 at 7:14 am

I had Pat and Stick’s at Paddington on Saturday. Love the oat lace cookie. I really wanted to try the strawberry shortcake one too but unfortunately they’ve sold out of it. 🙁

• beverly posted on November 27, 2006 at 9:30 am

The guy there is so nice, he’s American but speaks fluent Chinese, so bizzare!

I had the vanilla lace when I was @ Paddington.. soooo good. But i think I prefer this Double Choc one, as it has a soft fudgy cookie… mmmmmmm

• __pinkpony posted on November 27, 2006 at 8:16 am

do they have pat & stick’s at chatswood?
    where abouts is it located?
    i’m dying to try them!!

• beverly posted on November 27, 2006 at 9:50 am

It’s @ Relish, which is at the bottom of Chase. They sell really awesome deli-style food to takeaway. And those ice creams are YUM!! My fave is the DoubleChoc, followed closely by the Vanilla Lace. Worth ever cent.

• millionairess posted on November 27, 2006 at 9:55 am

oh oh oh the food looks so good. i can’t wait to visit my fave jap restaurant in paris this weekend =D

• finding_tricia posted on November 27, 2006 at 5:25 am

• beverly posted on November 27, 2006 at 9:28 am

• madmoneymonkey posted on November 27, 2006 at 6:47 am

Man I super love agedashi tofu!!! And that one looks yum!

• beverly posted on November 27, 2006 at 9:29 am

Me toooooo and I think it’s healthy too right??

• madmoneymonkey posted on November 27, 2006 at 1:51 pm

Well, it’s fried but tofu is healthy! Heh.

• babyflite posted on November 27, 2006 at 7:14 am

• beverly posted on November 27, 2006 at 9:30 am

The guy there is so nice, he’s American but speaks fluent Chinese, so bizzare!

• __pinkpony posted on November 27, 2006 at 8:16 am

do they have pat & stick’s at chatswood?
    where abouts is it located?
    i’m dying to try them!!