FOOD, Shopping, Uncategorized JIMMY CHOO CRYSTAL FLATS, OVER-EATING 24 November 2006

Colleague brought back Reeses from the USA – yummmm!!!

Singaporeans will appreciate this cartoon 😉

TakeNote.com.au: so cool, you write a note online, and they’ll handwrite it
on paper and send it to you. This note was a test written by me 😛

Divine Jimmy Choo leather & crystal flats that I just bought. I LOVE ‘EM!!!

And yes, they look ridiculously similar to the Jimmy Choo heels I bought..
so might sell these heels on eBay, as I can’t really wear heels anymore 🙁

Someone sent me a link to Overeaters Anonymous the other day…. I’ve bold-ed below what does apply to me. I’m a bit perturbed that so many actually apply to me.. that can’t be a good thing!

Do you eat when you’re not hungry? Yes.. mainly chocolate truffles or McDonald fries
Do you go on eating binges for no apparent reason? Just whenever I “feel like it”, if that counts
Do you have feelings of guilt and remorse after overeating? Yes, but the food just tastes too good to resist
Do you give too much time and thought to food? YES!! I think about food all day long
Do you look forward with pleasure and anticipation to the time when you can eat alone? Absolutely, but not necessarily alone
Do you plan these secret binges ahead of time? No, I just eat whenever there’s food around
Do you eat sensibly before others and make up for it alone? Only sometimes, it depends on the people I’m with
Is your weight affecting the way you live your life? Not really
Have you tried to diet for a week (or longer), only to fall short of your goal? Yes. Eating less and exericising never seems to agree with me
Do you resent others telling you to “use a little willpower” to stop overeating? YES. And the whole “Don’t you find it disgusting?”
Despite evidence to the contrary, have you continued to assert that you can diet “on your own” whenever you wish? Heh. I’m sure I can.. I think?
Do you crave to eat at a definite time, day or night, other than mealtime? Always around 3-4pm and 3-4am
Do you eat to escape from worries or trouble? I do, but I also eat when I’m happy..
Have you ever been treated for obesity or a food-related condition? Nah
Does your eating behavior make you or others unhappy? Au contraire, it makes Chris VERY happy 😉

• gingerstardrops posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:47 am

*Gasp* Your flats are gorgeous! I only wish Jimmy Choo wasn’t so expensive. GREAT BUY

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:44 pm

The quality really is better though IMHO, as I buy cheap shoes too and they tend to fall apart or the finish isn’t that good. Still, I think half the price would be more reasonable 😉

• tiffanyx posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:51 am

the flats look YUMS!~

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:44 pm

Thanks! i like how jewel-ly they are 😀

• pandora76 posted on November 24, 2006 at 11:50 am

Oooh whee!! I love Reeses AND Jimmy Choos! Double-great post! Hehe.

By the way I have a very easy recipe for some peanut butter and chocolate squares that taste very much like Reeses. Let me know if you want!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:45 pm

YES PLEASE!! I’d love to make some and I can share ’em round the office 🙂

• pandora76 posted on November 25, 2006 at 5:04 am

Here you go!

Reeese’s Squares (No Bake)

1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
        1 lb confectioners sugar
        1.5 cups peanut butter
        1 cup butter, melted
        1 bag milk chocolate chips

Combine graham crumbs, sugar and peanut butter. Mix well.
        Blend in melted butter until well combined.
        Press mixture evenly into 9″ x 13″ pan. (I just use any old tupperware)
        Melt choc chips in microwave or double boiler.
        Spread over peanut butter mixture.
        Chill until just set & cut into bars.

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:47 am

Oh noooooooooooooo we don’t have graham crackers here! So crap 🙁 🙁

• pandora76 posted on November 25, 2006 at 7:45 am

I couldn’t find them either but substituted with honey cornflakes. Seems to work!

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:42 am

ooh hehe, thanks for the tip!

• couturekitten posted on November 24, 2006 at 12:10 pm

Gorgeous heels!! They don’t have Reese’s in Aus?? =x There’s also a caramel variety, sooooo good!!!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:46 pm

I THINK they do.. but really really hard to find.. like 1 store maybe. And so $$ 🙁

• kathsonno posted on November 24, 2006 at 12:11 pm

I’ve had to switch to flats also. It’s a shame because I have so many gorgeous pairs of heels in the cupboard.
    I can’t say I have any as yum as your Choos though!!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:46 pm

Same 🙁 Plus it’s $$ to switch to flats! But I’ll sell off some of my heels since I probably won’t wear most of them anymore.. just the ones I reaaaaaaally like, hehe

• ohprettywords posted on November 24, 2006 at 12:18 pm

reese’s peanut butter cups = my FAVORITE.

(and they are so obviously the FIRST thing i go for while going through the halloween candy.)

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:48 pm

I love love love ’em.. the original’s the best IMHO, the bars and minis aren’t as nice, but I”ll take what I can get , haha!

• joni_to0622 posted on November 24, 2006 at 12:34 pm

why cant you wear heels anymore??

I love your new flats though! they are really nice!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:48 pm

I made a few posts over the past few weeks about my knee, so no more heels. Bummer!

• joni_to0622 posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:13 am

oh I’m sorry to hear that! 🙁

anyways it is comfy to wear flat shoes! I love that! and I always do! 🙂

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:43 am

Ya, I’m ‘investing’ in ballet flats and such too, I’m identifying with my midget-short side now, hehe 😛

• joni_to0622 posted on November 25, 2006 at 11:28 am

I love to collect high heels but most of the time I wear sneakers. 2 months ago I found this pair of boots from Dr Martens and are the best boots to walk in. I can wear them for the whole day long or like few days in a roll without feeling sore on my feet! amazing!

here is the link to my boots! 🙂

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 11:43 am

OMG they’re awesome! Dr Martens make comfy shoes and I like how these boots aren’t too high but still have a bit of heel. I’m gonna see if they sell near me, thanks for the rec: D

• joni_to0622 posted on November 25, 2006 at 1:12 pm

No worries!:)

Trust me, you will love them. they are soo comfy to walk in. Unbeliveable comfy! compared to most of the heels! And they look much better in real than on the pic!

• meow123 posted on November 24, 2006 at 2:37 pm

Gorgeous Gorgeous!! BTW why cant you wear heels anymore?

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:49 pm

Check back a few posts.. I made quite a few entries about it so I don’t want to repeat myself in this entry 😉

• vixette7 posted on November 24, 2006 at 2:43 pm

ooh reeses. they had the dark choc ed for a while.
    if you like peanut butter, you shld try butterfinger too. those are YUMMY!!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:51 pm

Oo chris would love the dark choc one, i bet!

I do like butterfingers! And whachamacallits too, but Reeses is the best *smacks lips*

• plwh888 posted on November 24, 2006 at 3:03 pm

I so love Windows KS ! I’m gonna steal it and use it in my blogs !

thanks in advance sweetie =)

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:44 pm

Hehe no probs, my dad sent it to me and I thought it was hilarious

• starbucksweetie posted on November 24, 2006 at 3:25 pm

I can’t believe you guys don’t have Reeses in Australia. So deprived.

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:49 pm

I know *scowls*
      It’s one of my fave chocs!

• isla_quack posted on November 24, 2006 at 3:40 pm

you have nice legs 😀

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:49 pm

Aww thanks *grin*

• notsoraggedyane posted on November 24, 2006 at 4:47 pm

Love your Jimmy Flats and love the heels even more!!!! Dun sell those!!!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:50 pm

i LOVE those Jimmy Choo heels.. but I’m not sure when I’ll be able to wear them again 🙁 But I’m happy I’ve got the flats version in the meantime!

• princesszhing posted on November 24, 2006 at 5:20 pm

very very sexy heels! and the two shoes has similar colors but they have a completely different look!! im just being the devil’s advocate!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 11:15 pm

Hehe that IS true! I’m still not sure if I’m selling the heels yet.. I love ’em so much 😛

• pikaluu posted on November 24, 2006 at 6:17 pm

*gasp* There’s NO Reese’s peanut butter cups in Aussie????? They’re my favorite chocolate candy too =D I can’t live without them I tell ya!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 11:22 pm

I think there’s a store that sells them, but it’s far away and $$ :X

• gingerstardrops posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:47 am

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:44 pm

• tiffanyx posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:51 am

the flats look YUMS!~

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:44 pm

Thanks! i like how jewel-ly they are 😀

• misskesha24 posted on November 24, 2006 at 6:54 pm

Can not believe they do not have a Resse in Aus? I am loving the Jimmy Choo shoes you always find the best deals! I also can not believe that there is an overeating ann. group out there!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 11:22 pm

The overeaters anonymous surprised me, as it’s the first I’ve heard of it too!

• pandora76 posted on November 24, 2006 at 11:50 am

Oooh whee!! I love Reeses AND Jimmy Choos! Double-great post! Hehe.

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:45 pm

YES PLEASE!! I’d love to make some and I can share ’em round the office 🙂

• pandora76 posted on November 25, 2006 at 5:04 am

Here you go!

Reeese’s Squares (No Bake)

1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
        1 lb confectioners sugar
        1.5 cups peanut butter
        1 cup butter, melted
        1 bag milk chocolate chips

Combine graham crumbs, sugar and peanut butter. Mix well.
        Blend in melted butter until well combined.
        Press mixture evenly into 9″ x 13″ pan. (I just use any old tupperware)
        Melt choc chips in microwave or double boiler.
        Spread over peanut butter mixture.
        Chill until just set & cut into bars.

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:47 am

Oh noooooooooooooo we don’t have graham crackers here! So crap 🙁 🙁

• pandora76 posted on November 25, 2006 at 7:45 am

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:42 am

ooh hehe, thanks for the tip!

• couturekitten posted on November 24, 2006 at 12:10 pm

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:46 pm

• kathsonno posted on November 24, 2006 at 12:11 pm

I can’t say I have any as yum as your Choos though!!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:46 pm

• ohprettywords posted on November 24, 2006 at 12:18 pm

reese’s peanut butter cups = my FAVORITE.

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:48 pm

• joni_to0622 posted on November 24, 2006 at 12:34 pm

why cant you wear heels anymore??

I love your new flats though! they are really nice!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:48 pm

• joni_to0622 posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:13 am

oh I’m sorry to hear that! 🙁

anyways it is comfy to wear flat shoes! I love that! and I always do! 🙂

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:43 am

• joni_to0622 posted on November 25, 2006 at 11:28 am

here is the link to my boots! 🙂

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 11:43 am

• joni_to0622 posted on November 25, 2006 at 1:12 pm

No worries!:)

• meow123 posted on November 24, 2006 at 2:37 pm

Gorgeous Gorgeous!! BTW why cant you wear heels anymore?

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:49 pm

• vixette7 posted on November 24, 2006 at 2:43 pm

ooh reeses. they had the dark choc ed for a while.
    if you like peanut butter, you shld try butterfinger too. those are YUMMY!!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 9:51 pm

Oo chris would love the dark choc one, i bet!

• plwh888 posted on November 24, 2006 at 3:03 pm

I so love Windows KS ! I’m gonna steal it and use it in my blogs !

thanks in advance sweetie =)

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:44 pm

Hehe no probs, my dad sent it to me and I thought it was hilarious

• starbucksweetie posted on November 24, 2006 at 3:25 pm

I can’t believe you guys don’t have Reeses in Australia. So deprived.

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:49 pm

I know *scowls*
      It’s one of my fave chocs!

• isla_quack posted on November 24, 2006 at 3:40 pm

you have nice legs 😀

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:49 pm

Aww thanks *grin*

• misawong posted on November 25, 2006 at 12:09 am

Love Microsoft Windows KS. That was a really good one. Also, love your new Jimmy Choo flats. They look really lovely!

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 12:44 am

My dad emailed me the Windows cartoon, I love it too 😛

• misawong posted on November 25, 2006 at 4:28 pm

It was just a cartoon? Too bad… I thought they really came out with a Windows version just for Singapore!

• notsoraggedyane posted on November 24, 2006 at 4:47 pm

Love your Jimmy Flats and love the heels even more!!!! Dun sell those!!!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 10:50 pm

• etherealprey posted on November 25, 2006 at 1:14 am

*gasps* how can you part with Jimmy?!

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:48 am

I know!! I can’t decide :X

• princesszhing posted on November 24, 2006 at 5:20 pm

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 11:15 pm

• pikaluu posted on November 24, 2006 at 6:17 pm

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 11:22 pm

I think there’s a store that sells them, but it’s far away and $$ :X

• misskesha24 posted on November 24, 2006 at 6:54 pm

• beverly posted on November 24, 2006 at 11:22 pm

The overeaters anonymous surprised me, as it’s the first I’ve heard of it too!

• ko_haku posted on November 25, 2006 at 4:00 am

You can get reeses in a store at Macquarie Centre, Sugar Fix and some 7 elevens in Sydney. My local Video Ezy sells them too.

I saw you and Chris at Macquarie Centre General Pants today too =)
    I work there, but didn’t say hello because I’m shy. Hehe.

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:49 am

Yeah I saw ’em at Mac centre! But we’re not there often 🙁

Oooo were you the other person working there? I only spoke to one girl. asked her the price of the black leather flats (they’re sooo comfy) but they’re $70 which is so $$ for plain shoes so I had to pass!

• ko_haku posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:52 am

There were 6 of us on today, probably the best of us too, such a fun crew..5 girls and 1 boy.

Yeah they’re expensive for a flat plain shoe, but being general pants – they sell like mad.
        Something about them being 100% leather and they’re handcrafted (sewn onto the base of the shoe instead of being glued on like most ballet shoes). I have a pair in a muted red colour (not the new patent ones, ew). They are super comfy, i love mine. But I get discount..otherwise I wouldn’t have them =D

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 7:00 am

Oooo really? Yeah they were more comfy that the ones from other stores. Hmm I’m tempted 😛 They come in black, and also white and the ballet pink? Do you know if they’ll go on sale soon? i want ’em.. hehe!

we had Cheeky salad for lunch, SO YUM (and healthy!).

• ko_haku posted on November 25, 2006 at 7:05 am

No chance they’ll go on sale soon. If ever.
            They sell too well, and General Pants knows people will pay full price..so yeah. They never put the big sellers on sale – but there is the occasional good sale!. Especially at Macquarie Centre because we’re one of few stores that keeps stock once it goes on sale (and the other stores send their sale stock to us).

Haha, insider tip.

They come in black, white, shiny red and nude pink. They also have the black ones that ribbon around the ankle.

I’ve never been to cheeky salad. I go to a noodle store next to it for salt and pepper squid with rice. It is sooo good, the best I’ve had. And Easyway. I try to spend as little time in Mac Centre as possible =P

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 7:06 am

Oh d’oh! Well I’m eyeing the black, white and pink 😛 What brand are they? I’m going to see if I can find a cheaper pair but if not then I’ll get these ones next time I’m at Mac.

I know that Noodle place, never had their squid though!

• ko_haku posted on November 25, 2006 at 7:10 am

They’re called Joto. There is quite a good stock of them in our store at the moment, I expect we’ll get more in before Christmas. I want a black pair, just because they go with everything. The quality really is very good, you can feel how soft the leather is on foot =)

If you decide to get them you should call up before you make the trip and check to see if we have your size and colour, just to be sure, because they’re super popular! hehe.

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:45 am

Good idea! I’ll def call and maybe you’ll be around 🙂

I heard they come in mint as well, so dunno if they’re sold out now. Ooo I wish they were like $20 then I’d buy one in every colour, haha!

• ko_haku posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:49 am

mint is sold out =(

i wish i had gotten a pair in that colour
            i had no idea they’d be as popular as they are.

• misawong posted on November 25, 2006 at 12:09 am

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 12:44 am

My dad emailed me the Windows cartoon, I love it too 😛

• misawong posted on November 25, 2006 at 4:28 pm

• jacarandas posted on November 25, 2006 at 8:41 am

omg. I love your flats! very pretty.

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:45 am

Aww thanks! They’ll be great for my Xmas parties this year 🙂

• etherealprey posted on November 25, 2006 at 1:14 am

*gasps* how can you part with Jimmy?!

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:48 am

I know!! I can’t decide :X

• ko_haku posted on November 25, 2006 at 4:00 am

I saw you and Chris at Macquarie Centre General Pants today too =)
    I work there, but didn’t say hello because I’m shy. Hehe.

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:49 am

Yeah I saw ’em at Mac centre! But we’re not there often 🙁

• ko_haku posted on November 25, 2006 at 6:52 am

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 7:00 am

we had Cheeky salad for lunch, SO YUM (and healthy!).

• ko_haku posted on November 25, 2006 at 7:05 am

No chance they’ll go on sale soon. If ever.

Haha, insider tip.

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 7:06 am

I know that Noodle place, never had their squid though!

• ko_haku posted on November 25, 2006 at 7:10 am

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:45 am

Good idea! I’ll def call and maybe you’ll be around 🙂

• ko_haku posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:49 am

mint is sold out =(

i wish i had gotten a pair in that colour
            i had no idea they’d be as popular as they are.

• medlabtech posted on November 25, 2006 at 4:11 pm

Those peanut butter cups are a favourite of mine.

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 9:21 pm

Me too, i like these original ones :)~

• jacarandas posted on November 25, 2006 at 8:41 am

omg. I love your flats! very pretty.

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:45 am

Aww thanks! They’ll be great for my Xmas parties this year 🙂

• medlabtech posted on November 25, 2006 at 4:11 pm

Those peanut butter cups are a favourite of mine.

• beverly posted on November 25, 2006 at 9:21 pm

Me too, i like these original ones :)~

• blueeyezz posted on November 26, 2006 at 12:15 am

Reese’s are my absolute FAVORITE!!! I almost constantly have these in stock in the house.

• beverly posted on November 26, 2006 at 2:53 am

Awww lucky duck! I wish they were more easily available here

• joejunior posted on November 26, 2006 at 12:40 am

do they harvest your mailing address or anything?

• beverly posted on November 26, 2006 at 2:58 am

I don’t think so since it’s by a legit company (staedler or however you spell it)

• blueeyezz posted on November 26, 2006 at 12:15 am

• beverly posted on November 26, 2006 at 2:53 am

Awww lucky duck! I wish they were more easily available here

• joejunior posted on November 26, 2006 at 12:40 am

do they harvest your mailing address or anything?

• beverly posted on November 26, 2006 at 2:58 am

• pei posted on November 26, 2006 at 11:59 pm

hey! if you’re selling the heels, email me and let me know how much you’re letting them go for please…and what size they are. they’re gorgeous and i’m super tempted!

• beverly posted on November 27, 2006 at 6:16 am