PORT STEPHENS HOLIDAY: day 1

The Port Stephens holiday was just… blimmin’ fantastic! A perfect getaway that was both really fun and active, yet relaxing at the same time. Just lovely. We spent 24/7 together and loved every moment of it.. it was just wonderful :) I’ll let the photos speak for themselves, and will post each day in a separate entry ‘cos we took hundreds of photos, haha.

Port Stephens Day 1

Bon Voyage! Driving along the coastline to Port Stephens

The obligatory rest-stop at McDonalds.. mmm…..

Decided to stopover at Hunter Valley, land of wine.
Passed tons of vineyards and did wine-tasting

Peacock Hill wine was THE BEST.
We bought the middle bottle – 2003 Top Block Chardonnay.
I don’t love wine normally, but boy, I LOVE THIS ONE!

At the Hunter Valley Gardens!

Okaaaaaay, I’ll be normal

Peppers Anchorage Resort – right on the water and beautiful as anything

The living room in our Loft Suite

Upstairs

The lounge

View from our balcony

Taking a walk along the harbour, with Chris being a bit strange

Hogs Breath Cafe
Shop 16, Upper D’Albora Marina
Teramby Road
Nelson Bay, NSW 2315
$$$$-

After unpacking, relaxing in the room and such.. it was off to Hogs Breath for dinner!

I was ravenous!!

Seared Prime Rib with mushroom sauce

Flame grilled sticky back ribs smothered in Hickory Smoked
BBQ sauce, served on Cajun rice & salad

My bibs says “I LOVE MY RIBS”, haha! Was merrily eating by holding a rib
in my left hand and my right hand holding a fork stuck into the steak, gnawing at it.
Chris was highly amused at my “cave-woman eating” ;)

Mississippi Mud Cake served with cream & ice cream
One of the best fudgey liquid chocolate cakes I’ve had in my life. Had it
10 years ago and haven’t found a better chocolate cake since!

And that was Day 1. Didn’t really do much sight-seeing, etc.. as most of the time was spent driving to Port Stephens and also wine-tasting at Hunter Valley. But had a lovely filling dinner and an early night, so we could wake up early the next day!

A video of our view at breakfast

(6, 1)

72 responses to PORT STEPHENS HOLIDAY: day 1:

1. protozone says:

There should be a seafood restaurant near Hogsbreath somewhere. Up the top, like Hogsbreath. Did you go to it? :P

(if I remember correctly, it would be opposite an ice cream store)

2. eviltofu says:

You look sooooooooooo happy in the pictures!!!

3. bisoumoi says:

I spot a very lovely leopard print top and you look gorgeous in it!!! The others I’ve seen are pretty trashy!

• beverly says:

Awww thanks! It’s actually a PJ top, believe it or not – I like it because it’s *insanely* soft, made of viscose. I got it from peteralexander.com.au

4. Woah! Fab pics!!! The food is making me sooo hungry!

5. valska says:

The hotel looks so divine!

We’ve Hog’s Breath Cafe here too! It’s not too bad, although I’ve had better prime rib elsewhere.

Looks like you guys are having such a wonderful time!

• beverly says:

It was such a gorgeous room.. I really loved it :)

The prime rib I had was yum – all tender and juicy.. mmmm. Prime Steakhouse is probably still better yet but double the price!

6. blairwitch says:

Wow!!! That looks so fun! I’m glad you had such a great time :)

7. hyperion1 says:

great photos! it looks so nice there :) so peaceful & relaxing

yes, I know what you mean. in Las Vegas/Grand Canyon we took hundreds of phtoos too, so I also had to post many entries hehe we are photo addicts! :P did you see my Grand Canyon pics? that place was incredible!

• beverly says:

Hehe yeah, trying to sort them all out and weed out the lousy ones!

I did see your pics that you sent, just gorgeous! I was so young when we visited the Grand Canyon I don’t remember much of it so it was nice to re-live through your photos :)

8. l_i_z says:

Ooh you got some really pretty photos. That mudcake looks delicious!

• beverly says:

I wish that it was still light outside when our dessert came out.. the flash on my digicam is always wonky. Still though, that dessert was amazzzzzzing!

9. medlabtech says:

What did you get at McDonald’s? I don’t recognize it.

That pic of you getting ready to devour your ribs is hilarious!

10. protozone says:

(if I remember correctly, it would be opposite an ice cream store)

11. eviltofu says:

You look sooooooooooo happy in the pictures!!!

12. bisoumoi says:

13. blueeyezz says:

OH man…I need a vacation…that room is awesome!

14. Woah! Fab pics!!! The food is making me sooo hungry!

15. valska says:

The hotel looks so divine!

Looks like you guys are having such a wonderful time!

• beverly says:

It was such a gorgeous room.. I really loved it :)

16. blairwitch says:

Wow!!! That looks so fun! I’m glad you had such a great time :)

17. hyperion1 says:

great photos! it looks so nice there :) so peaceful & relaxing

• beverly says:

Hehe yeah, trying to sort them all out and weed out the lousy ones!

18. l_i_z says:

Ooh you got some really pretty photos. That mudcake looks delicious!

19. medlabtech says:

What did you get at McDonald’s? I don’t recognize it.

That pic of you getting ready to devour your ribs is hilarious!

20. babyflite says:

Looks like a lovely place for a short break, definitely have to keep it in mind for when we wanna go somewhere for a special trip. Btw, we still gotta catch up! Sorry I didn’t get back to your last email, all the moving and unpacking is driving me crazy!

• beverly says:

I’d def recommend Peppers Resort.. it’s the nicest one as the other places are just regular hotels or motels.

Let’s go to that AH sale this week! Is it still on? Hope you’re all unpacked and settled in :)

21. i eat my ribs like that too!! very very bootiful hotel room! =)

22. silver_crv says:

the loft suite is nice… great view!!

23. blueeyezz says:

OH man…I need a vacation…that room is awesome!

24. Your McDonald’s packaging in Australia is so classy. Not loud and bright. I think your leopard print top is very funky. Your hotel looks fabulous. I love the amount of space you got. All the food at Hog’s Breath looks very good, but calling a restaurant Hog’s Breath seems counterintuitive, no?

• beverly says:

Oooo actually our packaging is the same as yours, it’s just that this is McCafe which has cakes and pastries and such, so their packaging is different. Great food there.

Hog’s Breath is so good, hehe. I thought it was American but maybe it’s Australian?

25. Thought you won’t be bloggin while on vacation. Guess I was wrong! :P The shades look really great on you… and ooohh Hog’s Breath! They have 2 outlets in Sg I think.

• beverly says:

Hee no I’m back! I got back yesterday, but blogging it all slowly whilst I get all the photos/entries written up :P

I didn’t realise Hog’s Breath was in SG! They are SO GOOD

26. babyflite says:

• beverly says:

27. i eat my ribs like that too!! very very bootiful hotel room! =)

28. silver_crv says:

the loft suite is nice… great view!!

29. Your McDonald’s packaging in Australia is so classy. Not loud and bright. I think your leopard print top is very funky. Your hotel looks fabulous. I love the amount of space you got. All the food at Hog’s Breath looks very good, but calling a restaurant Hog’s Breath seems counterintuitive, no?

• beverly says:

30. Thought you won’t be bloggin while on vacation. Guess I was wrong! :P The shades look really great on you… and ooohh Hog’s Breath! They have 2 outlets in Sg I think.

I didn’t realise Hog’s Breath was in SG! They are SO GOOD

31. misskesha24 says:

Okay…now after looking at the pictures now i really want to come there!

32. misskesha24 says:

Okay…now after looking at the pictures now i really want to come there!

33. popcorn_feet says: