FOOD, My recipes, Uncategorized HOMECOOKED TUNA SALAD 11 October 2006

Have been making some healthy hot salads the past few days, as ‘recovery’ after the trip 😛 They’re super easy to make and you can pretty much chuck in whatever ingredients you find lying around in the fridge, great for lazy people like myself!

Tuna salad

Tuna Salad (serves 2)

Spinach & Rocket leaves, washed
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp mashed garlic
1 can John West sweet chilli tuna slices
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 small can corn kernels
2 tomatos, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
Feta cheese
Extra virgin olive oil

1) Fry mushrooms in saucepan with 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic
2) Combine mushrooms and all ingredients in a bowl and drizzle extra virgin olive oil
3) Toss all ingredients and serve with a sprinkle of cracked black pepper

• kare2711 posted on October 11, 2006 at 7:33 am

Bev, but OT, how is your knee now? Now my knee is giving me problem 🙁 Used to have it but it has been gone for some time. Now it’s back. Not as bad as yours but it’s a pain walking up and down the stairs. And it’s dreadful now that I can’t continue to run. I just want to know how long it would take for it to recover enough for me to walk up and down stairs comfortably.

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 10:32 am

Ohhh funny you should ask, I went to the doc again today to get my referral! I had my xray done and am seing a specialist in Nov (earliest appt they have available, idiotically) who will then get me to do a MRI scan.. then decide whether I should just live with the tear, or get keyhole surgery. UGH!

You should get yours checked out too, it might be a really minor tear but you get peace of mind finding out what it is, at least!

• kare2711 posted on October 11, 2006 at 11:25 am

Oh thanks for getting back to me. I think I’ll go see the doc after the weekend if it’s still bad.

• kare2711 posted on October 11, 2006 at 3:01 pm

Oh another thing, do you still feel pain walking up and down the stairs?

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 9:45 pm

Yeah, but i’ve learnt how to walk and go on stairs in a certain way now, so there’s not much if I do that

• gradgirl79 posted on October 11, 2006 at 8:27 am

That looks quite tasty and healthy! I’m going to try that sometime soon – minus the corn. I’ve suddenly decided I don’t like corn anymore.

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 10:36 am

If you use low-fat feta cheese and minimal extra virgin olive oil, it’ll be even healthier 🙂 I love healthy salads that actually FILL you, and taste good!

• islegrl posted on October 11, 2006 at 9:43 am

Yummy! They recalled fresh spinach here in America because the spinach was tainted with e-coli bacteria. I hope they get it cleared up soon because I miss my spinach salads!

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 10:37 am

I heard! So scary. I washed mine extra-carefully, just in case 😛 I don’t let regular lettuce, so I really only ever have spinach salads

• yoshi83 posted on October 11, 2006 at 12:34 pm

Looks yummy and sounds easy to make !
    Hopefully, I’ll try it someday soon hehe
    Thanks for sharing your recipe, anyway 🙂

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 9:51 pm

Hope you’ll like it too!
      Love your icon 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on October 11, 2006 at 2:00 pm

I like how you take no effort and the meal looks amazing!

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 9:53 pm

Easy meals are the best.. especially when I’m at work all day and can’t be bothered to do more 😉

• kare2711 posted on October 11, 2006 at 7:33 am

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 10:32 am

• kare2711 posted on October 11, 2006 at 11:25 am

• kare2711 posted on October 11, 2006 at 3:01 pm

Oh another thing, do you still feel pain walking up and down the stairs?

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 9:45 pm

• gradgirl79 posted on October 11, 2006 at 8:27 am

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 10:36 am

• islegrl posted on October 11, 2006 at 9:43 am

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 10:37 am

• yoshi83 posted on October 11, 2006 at 12:34 pm

Looks yummy and sounds easy to make !
    Hopefully, I’ll try it someday soon hehe
    Thanks for sharing your recipe, anyway 🙂

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 9:51 pm

Hope you’ll like it too!
      Love your icon 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on October 11, 2006 at 2:00 pm

I like how you take no effort and the meal looks amazing!

• beverly posted on October 11, 2006 at 9:53 pm

• divad posted on October 13, 2006 at 4:00 pm

I’m yet to see a recipe for belaccan.

• beverly posted on October 14, 2006 at 12:19 pm

Hehe.. unlike ever to see it on my blog, I don’t eat the stuff 😛

• divad posted on October 13, 2006 at 4:00 pm

I’m yet to see a recipe for belaccan.

• beverly posted on October 14, 2006 at 12:19 pm