Fitness, FOOD, My recipes, Uncategorized ORGANIC WRAPS 27 August 2006

Fortunately, had a healthier (kinda) dinner after our naughty lunch & coffees.. it was in the form of Organic Mexican Wraps. The brilliant thing was the approx 15 min cooking/preparation time – a real bonus and it makes a tasty, quick meal! No recipe since it’s so self-explanatory 😛

Organic lettuce, tomato and avocado – I love how perfect/fresh they look!

With organic onion, mince beef, salsa, ricotta cheese, avocado and tomatos

I’m also considering subscribing to Slimming & Health. Was flipping through it at Borders and I really like the articles, plus it’s geared towards women. I think I really could learn more about my body and how to be healthy, etc. I’ve been on a HUGE learning curve the past few months since my fitness campaign.. but it’s mostly just listening to my body and trying to be in tune with what it needs/doesn’t need. I think this magazine will help me understand more about fitness and nutrition.. so I’ll probably subscribe to it today or tomorrow.

I’m really worried because I put on 2kg whilst I was in Singapore, in just 2 weeks. The same 2kg that took me months to work off previously. It scares me, and I’m a bit resentful of the fact that so many Singaporean girls can eat like PIGS and still be stick thin and not gain any weight!! But since I’ve come back, I’ve managed to lost 1kg already 😀 Would like to lose another 2 kg eventually..

EDIT:

Ended up making Baked cabanossi sausages, egg & ricotta buns for breakfast today. Mmmmm… couldn’t resist!! 😀

• starbucksweetie posted on August 27, 2006 at 3:25 am

Everything looks so fresh.

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:24 am

Ya, I like thinking that Im having something really healthy..!

• etherealprey posted on August 27, 2006 at 3:37 am

I remmeber samantha on sex and the city eating only organic, then she gave up when no one acknowledged her hotness hee hee…

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:25 am

Hee yeah unfortunately i think organic food is only for your own well-being and you gotta have it long-term. I do like my odd bit of organic though, it makes me feel all healthy 😛

• angelnotes posted on August 27, 2006 at 4:39 am

I guess, the most impt. thing is that you’re happy and healthy! 🙂

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:29 am

It’s easier said than done.. the being healthy part! But I’m getting there, sloooowly 😉

• preci0us_dreams posted on August 27, 2006 at 5:32 am

Everything looks fabulous!!! I should pick up some ingredients, next time I go to the shops!

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:30 am

Ya do try it out! Takes just a few mins to cook/prepare… it’s nice and simple 🙂

• catpuccino posted on August 27, 2006 at 6:37 am

Those veggies do look fabulous! I love avacado, if it wasn’t so fatty I’d eat it a whole lot more!! But it’s great to have just a bit in a salad! They’re kind of annoying to buy though, cos you’ve got to plan ahead with them. You want them soft enough to eat, but not completely ruined after leaving them for too long!!!

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:31 am

I’m an avocado monster.. I LOVE the stuff, heh! I figure since it’s good fat, at least it’s better than me eating the bad fat.. so I don’t feel guilty 😛

• isla_quack posted on August 27, 2006 at 7:43 am

haha u know i read your previous post this morning and decided to go to alice today for lunch!
    we initially ordered the assam laksa (available last sunday of each month) and popiah – but they told me they sold out yesterday!! did u order their last one? 😛
    had the sago dessert too and got the onde onde, the palm sugar was nice in both dessert!
    thanks for your recommendation! too bad it is quite on the expensive side

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:34 am

Yayyyyy for checking out Alice’s! And yeah, their popiah sells out quickly – the last time we were there they’d sold out too! I love their sago dessert :)~ They ARE pricey compared to Singapore.. but I can’t find any other authentic food for cheaper 🙁

• islegrl posted on August 27, 2006 at 8:53 am

That breakfast looks yummy!!!

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:35 am

It makes a really satisfying brekkie, esp when it’s cold outside.. but it’s not the healthiest :X

• starbucksweetie posted on August 27, 2006 at 3:25 am

Everything looks so fresh.

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:24 am

Ya, I like thinking that Im having something really healthy..!

• etherealprey posted on August 27, 2006 at 3:37 am

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:25 am

• angelnotes posted on August 27, 2006 at 4:39 am

I guess, the most impt. thing is that you’re happy and healthy! 🙂

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:29 am

• preci0us_dreams posted on August 27, 2006 at 5:32 am

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:30 am

Ya do try it out! Takes just a few mins to cook/prepare… it’s nice and simple 🙂

• catpuccino posted on August 27, 2006 at 6:37 am

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:31 am

• isla_quack posted on August 27, 2006 at 7:43 am

thanks for your recommendation! too bad it is quite on the expensive side

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:34 am

• islegrl posted on August 27, 2006 at 8:53 am

That breakfast looks yummy!!!

• beverly posted on August 27, 2006 at 11:35 am

• cajunmadness posted on August 28, 2006 at 12:35 am

yum. yum. yum. By the way, if you want to know more about fitness and health. I found this new diet book but it’s not really a diet. more a way of life and it’s really easy and coveniant and straight foward and no fancy cooking lol . it comes also with exercices. it’s by men’s health editor. and its called the abs diet. and its for men but it works so well for women too. and i actually eat healthy and i feel great too.

• beverly posted on August 28, 2006 at 12:17 pm

Oh thanks for the tip! I’m going to see if they’ve got it at Borders or the library 🙂

• cajunmadness posted on August 28, 2006 at 12:35 am

• beverly posted on August 28, 2006 at 12:17 pm

• beverly posted on August 29, 2006 at 11:22 am

Ya! I really liked the articles. I just subscribed with their special, $50 for 15 issues instead of 12!

• tyra8 posted on August 29, 2006 at 2:38 pm

Oh my, my, my…your breakfast looks sooooo yummy!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2006 at 9:43 pm

It’s fairly easy to make too, the recipe is in the link above the photo! 🙂

• beverly posted on August 29, 2006 at 11:22 am

• tyra8 posted on August 29, 2006 at 2:38 pm

Oh my, my, my…your breakfast looks sooooo yummy!

• beverly posted on August 29, 2006 at 9:43 pm