FASHION, Louis Vuitton, Uncategorized LOUIS VUITTON SILK SCARF & FRAMBOISE KOALA WALLET 7 July 2006

Went for a bit of shopping today.. I’ve recently become quite fascinated (okay, obsessed) with scarves. Decided I wanted a long-ish skinny one that I could also use as a belt, or around my neck if it’s cold. Went to the Louis Vuitton boutique and they had the most perfect blue one – the Fleur de Porcelaine Bandeau! It’s limited edition so I was surprised the store still had it.. Was also eyeing a multicolour/rainbow one and just couldn’t decide, but Chris (he met me in the City after work) decidedly said that the blue one was better, by far, so I got it πŸ˜€ It’s all pretty and silky and will make a nice belt, since I don’t really own any belts! Plus it’ll wrap twice around my neck to keep me warm in winter.. so technically it’s like getting 2 things for the price of one πŸ˜‰

Louis Vuitton Fleur de Porcelaine Bandeau

Also, I saw the Louis Vuitton koala wallet when it was launched a few months ago and thought it was adorable, but it only came in the Monogram design (or at least the store only had that design). Recently, found out that it’s now in Vernis too, more specifically – Framboise! I’m on this mad mission to collect all the Framboise coloured accessories.. the pink is divine – so totally unashamedly girly πŸ™‚

Anyway, I’ve been using the Framoise Ludlow for my notes and coins and my main cards, and the Framboise cles for the rest of my cards. Decided I wanted to consolidate.. so the Framboise Koala was a winner! It was a toss-up between that or the Framboise French Purse.. but I already have one of those (in Indigo, though) and the Koala’s gold clasp just had me sold πŸ˜› I really like it! It makes a solid purse and has tons of card pockets and space. Nice πŸ™‚ Plus the pink really *pops* and it makes me smile when I look at it – such a cheery colour!

Louis Vuitton Koala wallet in Framboise

The inside, empty with all my stuff removed

Framboise family!
Clockwise: Koala wallet, Mini agenda, Ludlow wallet, Cles

• __pinkpony posted on July 7, 2006 at 11:20 am

I love your Framboise collection!
    New Koala wallet is adorable. πŸ˜€

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:10 pm

Really like the framboise colour.. the others don’t really excite me as much. Pink’s just cute πŸ˜›

• esthered posted on July 7, 2006 at 11:42 am

Eek omg! That’s just too gorgeous!

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:11 pm

*jumps up and down* The colours are just so cheery, they make me happy, hehe!!

• dianeeeee posted on July 7, 2006 at 11:57 am

omg! i’ve been lusting after that wallet since it came out!! so prettyyyyy

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:12 pm

The clasp just makes me go :)~~~~~
      I think it’s nicer than the other wallets just because of the cute clasp!

• dianeeeee posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:15 pm

i know!! i want one πŸ™

• etherealprey posted on July 7, 2006 at 12:28 pm

the scarf is really lovely. it reminds me of a dress anna sui has…

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:13 pm

oo really, do you have a pic?
      I’m thinking the scarf will go nicely with jeans, and I have a ton of blue clothes.. πŸ™‚

• Anonymous posted on July 7, 2006 at 12:32 pm

This bandeau is actually meant to b for your hair. kinda like a head band.

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:13 pm

Nah, I’m going to use it mainly as a belt or a scarf.. and perhaps tied on my bag. I think it looks funny in my hair

• __xopricktor posted on July 7, 2006 at 12:38 pm

omgoshhh that scarf looks sooo amazing!

πŸ™‚

congrats on finding the perfect scarf this winter!

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:14 pm

Thanks! I like how I can just wear it with jeans.. and it doesn’t scream “LV” so it’s more subtle πŸ˜›

• joni_to0622 posted on July 7, 2006 at 12:48 pm

One day when I start to have a full time job I will be the same shopoholic as you πŸ™‚ but now im just a poor student in Denmark! :s

I love your LV blue scarf!!

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:14 pm

Ahhh I woudln’t recommend starting on the shopping bit – it’s seriously so addictive and bad for you πŸ˜› Not like I can talk, hee!

• aqualuna posted on July 7, 2006 at 4:56 pm

Oohhh I LOVE the koala wallet! The vernis ones look really gorgeous (esp. the framboise just like yours!) but a lot of people have been saying not-so-good things about the vernis leather (colour transfer issue, scratches easily, etc) so I think I prefer it in the Epi leather πŸ˜‰

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 10:59 pm

I find the vernis is really sturdy, but the white/light ones can get colour transfer in hot/humid weather and if you put it on a dark object.
      With the Epi leather I find it really flat and a bit plain, like you could get it from another leather store (for a lot cheaper!), so I prefer Vernis as it’s really unique, esp the colour πŸ™‚ BUT a lot of people love Epi so it’s just personal preference!

• __pinkpony posted on July 7, 2006 at 11:20 am

I love your Framboise collection!
    New Koala wallet is adorable. πŸ˜€

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:10 pm

• esthered posted on July 7, 2006 at 11:42 am

Eek omg! That’s just too gorgeous!

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:11 pm

*jumps up and down* The colours are just so cheery, they make me happy, hehe!!

• dianeeeee posted on July 7, 2006 at 11:57 am

omg! i’ve been lusting after that wallet since it came out!! so prettyyyyy

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:12 pm

The clasp just makes me go :)~~~~~
      I think it’s nicer than the other wallets just because of the cute clasp!

• dianeeeee posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:15 pm

i know!! i want one πŸ™

• etherealprey posted on July 7, 2006 at 12:28 pm

the scarf is really lovely. it reminds me of a dress anna sui has…

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:13 pm

oo really, do you have a pic?

• Anonymous posted on July 7, 2006 at 12:32 pm

This bandeau is actually meant to b for your hair. kinda like a head band.

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:13 pm

• __xopricktor posted on July 7, 2006 at 12:38 pm

omgoshhh that scarf looks sooo amazing!

πŸ™‚

congrats on finding the perfect scarf this winter!

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:14 pm

• joni_to0622 posted on July 7, 2006 at 12:48 pm

I love your LV blue scarf!!

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 1:14 pm

• deathpufferfish posted on July 7, 2006 at 10:10 pm

The Koala set is so adorable! :O

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 11:00 pm

The wallet feels all ‘meaty’ in my hand, if that makes sense πŸ˜› Like a proper filled wallet instead of the teeny ludlow – so it’s a nice change!

• aqualuna posted on July 7, 2006 at 4:56 pm

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 10:59 pm

• misawong posted on July 8, 2006 at 1:49 am

I love the scarf and also the Koala wallet (esp. the clasp). I was trying to see if I could spot some koala designs on the wallet but couldn’t find any. It would have been really cute to have koala imprints.

• beverly posted on July 8, 2006 at 3:13 am

Awww yeah, little koala imprints on the inside of the wallet would’ve been adorable! I just saw an Epi black one pop up on ebay, from “let-trade”.. but yeah, I don’t see the Koalas in stores or online that often

• chatellerault posted on July 8, 2006 at 2:57 am

Gorgeous framboise collection and cute scarf!

• beverly posted on July 8, 2006 at 3:14 am

Famboise’s so freaking adorable πŸ™‚ I hope they don’t make more accessries in that colour though, or I’ll be too tempted! πŸ˜‰

• deathpufferfish posted on July 7, 2006 at 10:10 pm

The Koala set is so adorable! :O

• beverly posted on July 7, 2006 at 11:00 pm

• liquidcashmere posted on July 8, 2006 at 7:42 am

I have that Koala wallet too πŸ™‚ ItΒ΄s so cute <3
    And I just keep buying scarfs (designer and non-designer);) That Vuitton is TDF πŸ™‚

• beverly posted on July 8, 2006 at 12:02 pm

I really like this particular one since it doubles up as a belt too – yay πŸ˜€

• misawong posted on July 8, 2006 at 1:49 am

• beverly posted on July 8, 2006 at 3:13 am

• chatellerault posted on July 8, 2006 at 2:57 am

Gorgeous framboise collection and cute scarf!

• beverly posted on July 8, 2006 at 3:14 am

• liquidcashmere posted on July 8, 2006 at 7:42 am

I have that Koala wallet too πŸ™‚ ItΒ΄s so cute <3

• beverly posted on July 8, 2006 at 12:02 pm

I really like this particular one since it doubles up as a belt too – yay πŸ˜€

• fuchsiacow posted on July 8, 2006 at 4:41 pm

wow! you have the whole collection… just looking at them make me smile. so cheery… =)

• beverly posted on July 9, 2006 at 12:17 am

*grin* I like really bright colours.. even colours that most people find garish, haha! They’re much nicer than the standard browns/blacks IMHO

• kathsonno posted on July 9, 2006 at 12:38 am

I love the scarf! How much was it if you don’t mind me asking? And it definitely doesn’t scream LV – I agree. I like that about it!
    And the purse is divine!!

• beverly posted on July 9, 2006 at 1:01 am

It was only $150! Not bad for a 100% silk scarf πŸ˜€

• kathsonno posted on July 10, 2006 at 9:26 am

Oh my gosh! That is really cheap! Did you get the last one or did they have more?

• beverly posted on July 10, 2006 at 9:28 am

Ooo I dunno, they have it in blue (mine) and also red, which is GORGEOUS. They’re limited edition though.. so hurry!!! And check out the Multicolour version – it’s the same price and drop dead gorgeous πŸ™‚

• kathsonno posted on July 13, 2006 at 10:22 am

oh my goodness!
            Cam said I could get one when we head in for our anniversary weekend next month. I hope there’s still some there!

• fuchsiacow posted on July 8, 2006 at 4:41 pm

• beverly posted on July 9, 2006 at 12:17 am

• kathsonno posted on July 9, 2006 at 12:38 am

And the purse is divine!!

• beverly posted on July 9, 2006 at 1:01 am

It was only $150! Not bad for a 100% silk scarf πŸ˜€

• kathsonno posted on July 10, 2006 at 9:26 am

• beverly posted on July 10, 2006 at 9:28 am

• kathsonno posted on July 13, 2006 at 10:22 am

oh my goodness!

• popcorn_feet posted on July 10, 2006 at 2:47 pm

I love that whole LV set, the raspberry color is so pretty. I didnt realize you had so many pieces of it..lol. wow.

The scarfs adorable – love the pattern…kinda whimsy but elegant. Great colors too.

• popcorn_feet posted on July 10, 2006 at 2:47 pm