After last night’s Salmon
It turned out perfectly, helped along by my happy new Tefal fry pan that Chris bought me last week 😀 Takes only about 10 mins to prepare the mixture, and 5 mins to cook. It’s loooooovely! The hotcakes were all fluffy and moist, with a beautiful flavour that isn’t too rich. The bananas and maple syrup drizzled on top just topped it all off.
Ricotta Hotcakes with fresh bananas & maple syrup
This plate costs $2 to make…..
… compared to this bill’s version below, which costs $16
Ricotta Hotcakes with fresh bananas & maple syrup (serves 2)
2/3 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1) Mix ricotta, milk and egg yolks
2) Sift in flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Mix.
3) Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (5+ mins). Fold in mixture.
4) Melt some butter in pan. Cook hotcakes until brown on each side.
5) Serve with butter and maple syrup and bananas
It makes a really really filling brunch though, so I think I’ll be having a light lunch. Heading off to Chatswood with Chris and after lunch we’re catching a movie. Hurray for lazy Sundays 🙂