Christmas, FASHION, Uncategorized MICROSOFT CHRISTMAS PARTY 10 December 2005

Woke up yesterday (Friday) in agony my neck and back were so sore and stiff I could hardly move 🙁 Went to work and was still so uncomfortable and in so much pain that I went straight to the physiotherapist/chiropractor. She felt around my neck and said I had “acute tortilla” – erm, it wasn’t actually *tortilla*, but it sounded a lot like it! I forgot the medical term 😛 She massaged and pulled on me and I was about to move my head afterwards, but was still in tons of pain. So she gave me a neck brace (hurray, how chic..) to wear and ointment, and I’m going back on Monday to see how it goes and get an x-ray if it still hurts.

Technically, I was supposed to go straight home, but since I had meetings and tons of work, I just stayed in the office. Worse still? I went with Chris to the Microsoft Christmas party after work, and didn’t sleep ’till 2am. Oops :X

500 people and a live band. It was LOUD!

Pool tables, in case you got bored talking to people 😉

A Microsoft party just wouldn’t be complete without… Xbox!
But not just any Xbox… the Xbox 360. It was very nice.

They gave out bottled water – I fell in love with the bottle 😛

Us 🙂

Woke up this morning and was in so much pain and so stiff I couldn’t move! Now I can move but I’m still unbelievably sore. But that didn’t stop me from…. SHOPPING! I went ‘cos Chris needed me to help him get Christmas presents for his family, and we got great stuff so he’s really pleased 🙂 I did all my Christmas shopping over a month ago – I’m very prepared *lol* I did end up buying myself some *ahem* Christmas presents too 😉 I discovered Charlie Brown and am in love with this designer – her designs are so feminine and perfect! I love the embellishments on the clothes

Pretty kaftan top with tons of beads (I actually got it in white, which you’ll see below)

I adore this tank! I’ll wear it when I’m in Singapore 🙂

Silk skirt that I was dying to get, but didn’t as it was insanely $$
and I couldn’t justify many occasions where I would wear it :X

Handwriting Analysis
You plan ahead, and are interested in beauty, design, outward appearance, and symmetry.
You are a social person who likes to talk and meet others.
You are affectionate, passionate, expressive, and future-oriented.
You are a talkative person, maybe even a busybody!
You are self-confident and like to bring attention to yourself.

Found the above from Gina and I’m a bit freaked that it’s so accurate! Or maybe it’s just a self-fufilling prophecy, like horoscopes, haha.

• crinliger posted on December 10, 2005 at 7:42 am

Wow very exquisite tops there! I love the tank, the way the beads were affixed is beautiful!

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:46 am

I really liked them ‘cos I’ve seen many similar tops, but their quality’s not very good and the beads don’t look solid and.. erm.. hard to describe.. but this designer just uses such good quality that I couldn’t resist! 😛

• maarshymalloww posted on December 10, 2005 at 8:03 am

u look gorgeous with da white tube dress babe!…

and the skirttt….O_O

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:46 am

Thank ya! I normally don’t wear dresses.. just around Christmas party-time, haha 😛

• itsabot posted on December 10, 2005 at 8:16 am

Ooh, such pretty tops. Hope you feel better! 🙂

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:48 am

Thank ya! I can’t wait to wear them 😛

• jesuisariel posted on December 10, 2005 at 9:18 am

Love the tops! You should’ve got the silk skirt…it’s so pretty! I want!!!

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:49 am

i reallly liked the skirt but it was $400 or so I believe, and I could only wear it on special occasions :X

• jesuisariel posted on December 10, 2005 at 2:55 pm

Eeek…that’s way too expensive for a skirt!!!

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:20 am

I know :X I guess it’s cos it’s all silk and has so much detail in the design.. it’s sooo pretty tho!

• sepps2 posted on December 10, 2005 at 9:27 am

poor girl! get well soon!

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:52 am

thank you 🙂 sweet icon btw!

• emileeh posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:29 am

i just got ur card today and i wanted to say thanks sooo much, you’re so sweet! and btw the white tube top shirt (dress?) looks really nice on you ! 🙂

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:52 am

Yayy! Glad you like the card 😀

• jacarandas posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:31 am

wow that skirt is pretty!!!

and that xbox picture..the sides of the screen is made of wood?

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:54 am

I knoooow! It was really really soft swishy silk, with these sparkling gold sequins on it. So nice!

Nah the sides of the TV are just black, think it’s just the reflection

• beverlyh posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:47 am

ouch, it’s so horrible to be in pain! you should really rest! spend tomorrow at home 🙂 get well soon!

i just tried that handwriting thing and i got the same thing as you, kinda’ amusing cos’ the way we write our first names looks very similar!

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:55 am

Yeah think I’ll rest tomorrow.. well, apart from packing for Singapore!

Hehe maybe Beverlys’ are just really similar in general 😛

• irene82 posted on December 10, 2005 at 12:47 pm

beverly, i officialy hate you. you and your extremely flat stomach.

BOOOO!!!!

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:21 am

Errrr! Trust me, it’s just the angle.. Chris and I have potbellies.. we always rub each others haha!

• distractedfish posted on December 10, 2005 at 3:30 pm

The tank top is so beautiful!!

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:24 am

thanks! I really like it too 😀 I know there are heaps similar tops that only cost $20 or so, but I just found that the quality and beads of this one was superb, so I justified the purchase, hehe

• crinliger posted on December 10, 2005 at 7:42 am

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:46 am

• maarshymalloww posted on December 10, 2005 at 8:03 am

u look gorgeous with da white tube dress babe!…

and the skirttt….O_O

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:46 am

• itsabot posted on December 10, 2005 at 8:16 am

Ooh, such pretty tops. Hope you feel better! 🙂

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:48 am

Thank ya! I can’t wait to wear them 😛

• starbucksweetie posted on December 10, 2005 at 4:40 pm

The Microsoft party looks incredibly swanky. You look great in the white strapless dress. I like the white skirt that you tried on. It reminds me of Diane Von Furstenberg. I like Chris’ shirt too at the Christmas party.

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:19 am

I love DVF clothes too.; I don’t have any though, but I want to get one of her wrap dresses

Oh Chris will be so happy you complimented his shirt, he just bought it and loves it 🙂

• jesuisariel posted on December 10, 2005 at 9:18 am

Love the tops! You should’ve got the silk skirt…it’s so pretty! I want!!!

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:49 am

• jesuisariel posted on December 10, 2005 at 2:55 pm

Eeek…that’s way too expensive for a skirt!!!

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:20 am

• sepps2 posted on December 10, 2005 at 9:27 am

poor girl! get well soon!

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:52 am

thank you 🙂 sweet icon btw!

• emileeh posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:29 am

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:52 am

Yayy! Glad you like the card 😀

• jacarandas posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:31 am

wow that skirt is pretty!!!

and that xbox picture..the sides of the screen is made of wood?

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:54 am

Nah the sides of the TV are just black, think it’s just the reflection

• beverlyh posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:47 am

• beverly posted on December 10, 2005 at 10:55 am

Yeah think I’ll rest tomorrow.. well, apart from packing for Singapore!

Hehe maybe Beverlys’ are just really similar in general 😛

• irene82 posted on December 10, 2005 at 12:47 pm

beverly, i officialy hate you. you and your extremely flat stomach.

BOOOO!!!!

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:21 am

• distractedfish posted on December 10, 2005 at 3:30 pm

The tank top is so beautiful!!

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:24 am

• supercamel posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:01 am

Yeah I like *some* of Charlie Brown’s designs.. the Australian Princess girls wore a lot of her clothes/dresses but I had a look at Myer (is that where you looked? or in the actual boutique) a lot of the designs didn’t appeal to me.. maybe they have a bigger range in the city store.

What happened to your neck? Did you injure it or something? I can relate to neck pain.. I have constant pain and arthritis in it 🙁 most of the time it’s OK though but quite stiff 🙁

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:26 am

i don’t like the plain stuff.. but their new beaded designs are GORGEOUS!

Dunno what I did to my neck 🙁 It was hellish for 2 days but now the biting pain has gone, and it’s only an ache now.. so hopefully it’s getting better. I hope your neck is also doing ok?!

• supercamel posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:37 am

I just did the handwriting test and even though my writing looks nothing like yours (I didn’t even sign it, just wrote a few words) it was similar to yours 🙂 Of the 5 things I had these 2 too:

You are a talkative person, maybe even a busybody!

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 1:48 am

i like that “interested in beauty” thing – haha so true!

I don’t think i’m all that talkative, but people always say I am :X

• starbucksweetie posted on December 10, 2005 at 4:40 pm

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:19 am

• supercamel posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:01 am

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:26 am

i don’t like the plain stuff.. but their new beaded designs are GORGEOUS!

• supercamel posted on December 11, 2005 at 12:37 am

You are a talkative person, maybe even a busybody!

• beverly posted on December 11, 2005 at 1:48 am

i like that “interested in beauty” thing – haha so true!

I don’t think i’m all that talkative, but people always say I am :X