San Jose, Uncategorized SAN JOSE – WEDNESDAY (10 AUGUST) 10 August 2005

We went to this lovely authentic Mexican restaurant for lunch – I can’t remember the name but it was somewhere in/near San Jose. I had the Blackened Fish Tacos, which were great! It was a really hot day though and we were sitting inside the area that was like a glass house – boy, it was like a sauna 😉 Still, great food and even better company!

Random part of the restaurant

Someone’s fajitas

After another full day’s work, we headed off on a special event planned by our lovely hosts. It was a trip to San Francisco! We piled happily into this vehicle – I like to call it our celebrity stretch limo 😉 It certainly seemed like it IMHO! Really lovely leather seats, a massive TV, and a cool bar 🙂 We toured around San Francisco and did touristy things. Here’s what we saw:

Really steeeeeep road

Lombok Street – the twisty-est street in the world

Lots of touristy shops

I was fascinated with the rows of yummy food

Ooooooooo…. fresh steamed crabs!

Alcatraz Prison from afar

The famous Golden Gate Bridge.. looking a little depressed

After the sight-seeing, we stopped at Chaya for dinner. It’s a beautiful restaurant – glamarous with killer views, yet had fabulous food. We started off with drinks and a few sushi platters and they were divine! Really rich and creamy and just perfect. I opted for the steak as my main meal.. and for some reason the waiter said, as he put down my plate with a flourish, “I saved the biggest steak for you!” I thought he was kidding until I saw it.. it was like a whole cow on my plate, *lol*. I knew I wouldn’t be able to finish it, but to my horror, I did! It was SO GOOD and tender and cooked just so perfectly that I kept eating and talking and eating and talking, and when I finally looked down it was gone! I felt so guilty after that, but at least it was good :)~

The pretty restaurant

Not-so-pretty photo from my camera

Our menu

By the time we were driving back in that limo-thing, it was around midnight and I was so tired from a full day’s hectic work and a massive dinner, that I fell asleep! I can’t believe I did that.. it’s rude to fall asleep in front of your work mates, isn’t it? But I was struggling so hard to stay awake I couldn’t handle it, and somehow dozed off even though I was trying so hard not too. But others fell asleep too, so at least I wasn’t the only one 😛 This was definitely my favourite day of the trip. It was great to hang out with everyone. I see them almost 24/7 every day yet I still want more. It’s like an addiction.

• suchcolors posted on August 16, 2005 at 12:00 pm

pssst: Lombok = Lombard 😉

Chaya has a really beautiful view. At first I thought it was the same restaurant that I had eaten at (it looks almost identical inside), but the one I ate at was at Fisherman’s Wharf. I just looked at the location of Chaya, though, and it’s close to the hotel we stayed in. Interesting.

• beverly posted on August 16, 2005 at 9:41 pm

Oooo *blush* going to fix that now! Thanks for the heads up 🙂

Chaya is such a lovely restaurant. We were walking along Fisherman’s Wharf and all the food looked so lovely!

• starbucksweetie posted on August 16, 2005 at 7:53 pm

The restaurant looks fab, like right out of a magazine or a travel book.

• beverly posted on August 16, 2005 at 9:42 pm

They put us right next to the glass window so the view was spectacular.. I loved their food too! Japanese/Western kinda fusion :)~

• suchcolors posted on August 16, 2005 at 12:00 pm

pssst: Lombok = Lombard 😉

• beverly posted on August 16, 2005 at 9:41 pm

Oooo *blush* going to fix that now! Thanks for the heads up 🙂

• beverly posted on August 16, 2005 at 9:42 pm

I went to that street when I was like 10, but I’ve entirely forgotten, lol.
    Googleplex was amazing, what an experience!

• mzangel84 posted on August 17, 2005 at 3:52 am

Ooh, I see quite a few pics of places I only see in movies.. How cool!

When I grow up *ahem*, I shall aspire to go visit these places and more. Hehe.

• beverly posted on August 17, 2005 at 8:09 am

I wish we could’ve spent more time in SF.. but too busy :X well, maybe next time!

• starbucksweetie posted on August 16, 2005 at 7:53 pm

The restaurant looks fab, like right out of a magazine or a travel book.

• beverly posted on August 16, 2005 at 9:42 pm

• beverly posted on August 16, 2005 at 9:42 pm

I went to that street when I was like 10, but I’ve entirely forgotten, lol.
    Googleplex was amazing, what an experience!

• mzangel84 posted on August 17, 2005 at 3:52 am

Ooh, I see quite a few pics of places I only see in movies.. How cool!

When I grow up *ahem*, I shall aspire to go visit these places and more. Hehe.

• beverly posted on August 17, 2005 at 8:09 am

• medlabtech posted on August 19, 2005 at 12:54 am

*drooling* at all those crabs!

• beverly posted on August 19, 2005 at 3:05 am

I didn’t get a chance to try them 🙁 Think i will next week!

• medlabtech posted on August 19, 2005 at 12:54 am

*drooling* at all those crabs!

• beverly posted on August 19, 2005 at 3:05 am

I didn’t get a chance to try them 🙁 Think i will next week!