Uncategorized Protected: 20km bushwalk?! 10 April 2004

• miss_foxy posted on April 9, 2004 at 11:49 pm

OMG….!
    bushwalking expeditions always turn out ok in the end. I can’t believe you guys had no food or water!!!! It’s always good and refreshing though, getting away from the city life.

Once we went on a hike and ended up walking 32KM in one day and by the end of the day, everyone just went straight to sleep! Hope you slept well! =)

• beverly posted on April 11, 2004 at 12:58 am

Yeah I’m glad it t urned out ok… the lack of food/water was awful though!! I’m sure I could’ve done the 4.5 hrs ok if I just had that.

32 km is a bit mad… *lol* I think that would kill me!

• babyflite posted on April 10, 2004 at 12:12 am

I’ve always loved hiking, although I imagine it would be hell without any food or water. And ALWAYS make sure you bring a map with your route planned out in advance. Put it in a ziplock bag to prevent it from getting wet and a compass would be useful too.

• beverly posted on April 11, 2004 at 12:57 am

Yeah the hiking part was really fun – thanks to the gorgeous weather and scenery! But we weren’t even planning to go hiking.. we were planning to go on a nice concrete walking path for half hour.. and somehow it turned into a 4.5 hour hike :X

• babyflite posted on April 11, 2004 at 6:04 am

Treat it as a recce in preparation for your next hike. 🙂

• thaliaucla posted on April 10, 2004 at 1:02 am

wow! i’m so glad you didn’t get lost. here in california you hear about hikers getting lost ALL the time (for several days). usually only rescued cause they brought their cell phone with them.

• beverly posted on April 11, 2004 at 12:56 am

It was daylight still so it wasn’t too bad.. but we were worried that if we were stuck there for another 2 hours, it’d be dark, which is pretty scary :X PLUS, we didn’t even have a phone on us – we had nothing except the clothes on our back!

• drshree posted on April 10, 2004 at 4:34 am

OMG!!!!! Bev!!!!
    I think you and Chris did a week’s worth of workout in a day;)
    I’m so glad you didn’t get lost,lost and catually found your way back. How come the maps were so mucked up? And weren’t there anyone at the places you got your maps to help you?

• beverly posted on April 11, 2004 at 12:56 am

Haha yeah, it’ll take us a week to recuperate! It was actually pretty dangerous for us to be so ill-prepared.. but then again, we NEVER expected something like that at all :X Next time, we’re definitely going to bring maps along – and accurate ones too!

• jacintahuang posted on April 10, 2004 at 5:39 am

Never trust maps, I tell ya. It always ( I mean ALWAYS) makes it worse. Ha, I’m a direction-less girl, and that’s my two-cents. 🙂

• beverly posted on April 11, 2004 at 12:54 am

Yeah, I definitely don’t blindly follow maps anymore.. it was probably made years and years ago, and then they changed the hiking path or something!

• miss_foxy posted on April 9, 2004 at 11:49 pm

OMG….!

• beverly posted on April 11, 2004 at 12:58 am

32 km is a bit mad… *lol* I think that would kill me!

• babyflite posted on April 10, 2004 at 12:12 am

• beverly posted on April 11, 2004 at 12:57 am

• babyflite posted on April 11, 2004 at 6:04 am

Treat it as a recce in preparation for your next hike. 🙂

• thaliaucla posted on April 10, 2004 at 1:02 am

• beverly posted on April 11, 2004 at 12:56 am

• drshree posted on April 10, 2004 at 4:34 am

OMG!!!!! Bev!!!!
    I think you and Chris did a week’s worth of workout in a day;)

• beverly posted on April 11, 2004 at 12:56 am

• jacintahuang posted on April 10, 2004 at 5:39 am

• beverly posted on April 11, 2004 at 12:54 am

• Anonymous posted on April 10, 2004 at 8:03 pm

Hahaha, sounds like an episode from Survivor. Walking is a very good form of exercise though. Should hike more often 🙂

~kucinta

• beverly posted on April 11, 2004 at 12:53 am

*lol* come to think of it, it was probably really similar 😉 I’m STILL sore today so I guess it was a pretty good workout!

• Anonymous posted on April 10, 2004 at 8:03 pm