Uncategorized Protected: Sugared Shortbread…mmm… 16 April 2003

• hartziggity posted on April 15, 2003 at 8:54 pm

Sugared Shortbread

Shortbread is more or less a kind of cookie. It’s normally not very sweet, but the sugared version, of course, is. It’s crumbly-crunchy with rich flavor that goes VERY well with tea, coffee, cocoa, etc. I’ll see if I can’t find some around here for ya!

• beverly posted on April 16, 2003 at 12:23 am

Re: Sugared Shortbread

Yeah I’ve tried shortbread, but not sugared shortbread! Ooooo do they really sell them in packs and stuff that you can send in the mail??

• hartziggity posted on April 16, 2003 at 12:38 am

Re: Sugared Shortbread

I’m sure they do come in easy-to-mail packages. If I come across any, I’ll be sure to let you know!

• beverly posted on April 16, 2003 at 8:14 am

Re: Sugared Shortbread

ooooooooh that is SO cool. I’ll be forever in your debt if you do! I can shower in it, lotion myself with it, spray myself with it, perfume myself with it AND eat it now *lol*

• hartziggity posted on April 16, 2003 at 12:42 pm

Re: Sugared Shortbread

Hmm…so far I’m having trouble finding it here in the U.S. It seems to be more common in England. Would you be interested in a recipe for it, though? I know you like to bake. = )

• beverly posted on April 16, 2003 at 9:09 pm

Re: Sugared Shortbread

Darn! But a recipe would be sooooo fantastic, do you have a good one?

• hartziggity posted on April 16, 2003 at 11:41 pm

This one looks pretty nice:

It includes glaze as well, but it can be omitted by simply adding the sugar before baking.
            Enjoy!

• beverly posted on April 17, 2003 at 10:59 pm

Re: Sugared Shortbread

Oooooo.. I’m going to try that! But my oven only goes up to 220c… argh.. or do they mean 350F?

• mastedonia posted on April 15, 2003 at 8:58 pm

shortbread is like a melt-in-your-mouth kind of buttery, DELICIOUS cookie. mmmm. now i wish i had some!

-miranda

• beverly posted on April 16, 2003 at 12:22 am

!!!! it sounds fantastic!! I’ve tried shortbread and like it, so the thought of *sugared* shortbread drives me insane 😛

• hartziggity posted on April 15, 2003 at 8:54 pm

Sugared Shortbread

• beverly posted on April 16, 2003 at 12:23 am

• hartziggity posted on April 16, 2003 at 12:38 am

• beverly posted on April 16, 2003 at 8:14 am

• hartziggity posted on April 16, 2003 at 12:42 pm

• beverly posted on April 16, 2003 at 9:09 pm

Re: Sugared Shortbread

Darn! But a recipe would be sooooo fantastic, do you have a good one?

• hartziggity posted on April 16, 2003 at 11:41 pm

This one looks pretty nice:

Enjoy!

• beverly posted on April 17, 2003 at 10:59 pm

• mastedonia posted on April 15, 2003 at 8:58 pm

-miranda

• beverly posted on April 16, 2003 at 12:22 am

• sasky posted on April 16, 2003 at 10:50 am

Scotland

I am pretty sure shortbread originated in scotland, if you know someone there who can get you some thats good, cos theirs is the best ever 🙂

• beverly posted on April 16, 2003 at 9:09 pm