Uncategorized Protected: Perfect day 11 July 2002

• Anonymous posted on July 10, 2002 at 6:00 pm

oh my god.

you mean like you actually get paid $17 an hour~~~?!

part-time jobs in Singapore pay like what, a measly $5 an hour!! god!

and haha, “young person with a slim, atheletic build” is what i’d agree but just like you, “obviously eat well and exercise regularly” hahHAHAhHAHAhAHHahAHhahahAhHAHAhAhHAhAhHAhAh!

well anyways you’re coming back to Singapore!!! Welcome home then, Bev! but erm. you don’t want to be hot here. the weather’s 35 degrees when it’s hot. and it’s not funny. it’s been raining these days though. so that helps a little, i guess.

enjoy your stay over here!

-Ben

• beverly posted on July 10, 2002 at 7:20 pm

Re: oh my god.

Yeah.. Australian casual wages are quite a bit higher than Singapore’s – that’s why I’m never motivated enough to get a casual job in SG when I’m there for the holidays 😉 The hot weather there will probably be right up my alley for about 2 days, before I start getting sick of sweating! But hey, it’s gotta be better than shivering..

• vixette7 posted on July 10, 2002 at 8:16 pm

obviously eat well and exercise regularly
    *ROTFLMAO*!!!

you with your omigawdicantbelievetheamountofcreamandFATinthesauce pasta……

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:20 am

Hey, eating well to me is eating yummy food 😉

• essicaj posted on July 10, 2002 at 10:34 pm

Hey, I’m a frequent reader, but I’ve never posted anything. I just wanted to say that it’s really weird for me to read that it’s cold and winter-like there, when it’s 120 degrees F where I am (California), which is incredibly unbearable. :o) It’s weird… *hehe*

• bluekittygrl posted on July 10, 2002 at 10:41 pm

LoL, I hear that! Here I am sitting in a tiny tank and shorts and the furthest thing from my mind is winter….. 🙂

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:24 am

Yeah yeahhhh just RUB IT IN guys! 😉

• Anonymous posted on July 11, 2002 at 1:31 am

*sigh*

another hot asian chick ends up with a white dude….

• princesseliza posted on July 11, 2002 at 6:01 am

*snorts at the grossly xenophobic remark*

When I go over to Melbourne to study, I will DEFINITELY look for a part-time job. Good grief, temps in Singapore are lucky to get 6 or 7 dollars an hour!

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:26 am

“hot asian chick”? Sounds.. kinky!

• Anonymous posted on July 10, 2002 at 6:00 pm

oh my god.

you mean like you actually get paid $17 an hour~~~?!

part-time jobs in Singapore pay like what, a measly $5 an hour!! god!

enjoy your stay over here!

-Ben

• beverly posted on July 10, 2002 at 7:20 pm

Re: oh my god.

• vixette7 posted on July 10, 2002 at 8:16 pm

obviously eat well and exercise regularly
    *ROTFLMAO*!!!

you with your omigawdicantbelievetheamountofcreamandFATinthesauce pasta……

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:20 am

Hey, eating well to me is eating yummy food 😉

• itslikewhoa posted on July 11, 2002 at 6:20 am

??

When you talked about doing your “Honours”, is that like a Master’s degree? The way you mentionned the “thesis topics” that’s what it sounded like…I just wasn’t sure they had a different name for it in Australia!

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:30 am

Re: ??

Welp, in Australia.. you do your normal degree of 3 years, yeah? Then after that, you can do Honours if you qualify for it, and that includes writing a thesis. Then after that, you can do Masters, and after *that*, then PHD!

• itslikewhoa posted on July 11, 2002 at 9:35 am

Re: ??

Ohhh, then it’s slightly different than over here. There seems to be more work involved though, but then again if it only takes three years for a degree, then it’s not too bad. :o)

• essicaj posted on July 10, 2002 at 10:34 pm

• bluekittygrl posted on July 10, 2002 at 10:41 pm

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:24 am

Yeah yeahhhh just RUB IT IN guys! 😉

• Anonymous posted on July 11, 2002 at 7:06 am

i agree with princesseliza over there!

like, totally!!
    temps in SG get no more than 8 per hour! how sucky is that?

and with reference to ‘anonymous’ and his/her

“*sigh*

another hot asian chick ends up with a white dude….”

what relevance has your post have to do with Bev’s journal entry? i don’t get it! and what’s wrong with a hot asian chick ending up with a white dude? you jealous or something?

-Ben

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:34 am

Re: i agree with princesseliza over there!

Yeah, min wage in AU is $15 for someone my age.. *but* graduate jobs pay higher in SG, so that’s why I plan to come back here and work once I graduate 😛

• lovemesoftly posted on July 11, 2002 at 7:16 am

You get paid $17 an hour, must be nice. Here in the States for minimum wage of starting out its like $5.35 to $6.00, I’m like…uhhh, I think we need to be paid more. But, I’m not old enough to work yet…3 more months and I’ll be 16! But, my friends complain alot about the wages. You poor thing, being cold. I’m sick of the heat, its only supposed to be 78 here in MI today so it’s not too bad. Are you going to write me from Singapore? It’s okay if you do, and then I’ll just write you back to your home address since it takes like a week to get there anyway and you’ll only be gone like two weeks. =) Well, email me and lemme know when you’re gonna write or if you have already so I can be ready to get the mail. I looooove getting mail from my penpals and I know your letter and letters are gonna be fun! 😀 ~Tara~

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:36 am

It’s $17 an hour, but that’s cos I’m 20 and it’s working on a weekend..I think wages for <16 year olds are about the same as in the States anyway, so don't feel too bad :)

Anyway, I brought your letter back here with me, so it’s travelled around the world a bit 😛 I can write to you while I’m here and I’ll try and get a Singapore postcard or something to send to you too!

• Anonymous posted on July 11, 2002 at 1:31 am

*sigh*

another hot asian chick ends up with a white dude….

• princesseliza posted on July 11, 2002 at 6:01 am

*snorts at the grossly xenophobic remark*

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:26 am

“hot asian chick”? Sounds.. kinky!

• itslikewhoa posted on July 11, 2002 at 6:20 am

??

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:30 am

Re: ??

• itslikewhoa posted on July 11, 2002 at 9:35 am

Re: ??

• Anonymous posted on July 11, 2002 at 7:06 am

i agree with princesseliza over there!

like, totally!!
    temps in SG get no more than 8 per hour! how sucky is that?

and with reference to ‘anonymous’ and his/her

“*sigh*

another hot asian chick ends up with a white dude….”

-Ben

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:34 am

Re: i agree with princesseliza over there!

• lovemesoftly posted on July 11, 2002 at 7:16 am

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:36 am

• valencianna posted on July 11, 2002 at 7:13 pm

🙂

bev you are a godess I truly admire you!

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:09 pm

Re: 🙂

*blush* and you… are a sweet talker 😛

• valencianna posted on July 11, 2002 at 7:13 pm

🙂

bev you are a godess I truly admire you!

• beverly posted on July 11, 2002 at 8:09 pm