Uncategorized Protected: Weight: the touchy subject 10 August 2001

• Anonymous posted on August 10, 2001 at 5:17 am

totally!

I know *exactly* what you mean! There’s this really weight paranoid chick in most of my lectures… she diets and runs everyday. Once she asked me “so, do you do heaps of excercise?”
    “Nup.” I said.
    “Do you diet?”
    “Nup.”
    “So, you’re just naturally thin huh? Lucky.”
    Then, we went to dinner at this Japanese place, I had an entire meal then stuffed my face with chocolate mousse cake.
    She shared a meal with one of my friends and shook her head at me the whole time. I felt like a pig!

• ex_hellish789 posted on August 10, 2001 at 9:21 am

I think people are just very envious of you. I know I would give almost anything to be able to eat anything and stay slim. But I can’t – everything shows on me. You’ve obviously got a high metabolism, so I just think you’re really lucky. (Except, obviously, for the dangers when you reach menopause, but that’s a long way off).

• starshaped posted on August 10, 2001 at 11:49 am

i can relate to how you feel because i get the same comments – “do you eat?”.

yet, i’m the one who’s always hungry & who’s always eating.

• Anonymous posted on August 10, 2001 at 5:17 am

totally!

“Nup.” I said.
    “Do you diet?”
    “Nup.”
    “So, you’re just naturally thin huh? Lucky.”

• ex_hellish789 posted on August 10, 2001 at 9:21 am

• starshaped posted on August 10, 2001 at 11:49 am

i can relate to how you feel because i get the same comments – “do you eat?”.

yet, i’m the one who’s always hungry & who’s always eating.

• mothtoaflame posted on August 10, 2001 at 9:39 pm

I hope my comment on how pretty you were and stuff in my pervious post wasn’t in bad taste. Eep, if so Sorry. I try to refrain for asking those questions. I dont’ know what its like to be thin and have people ask questions. *grins slightly* But more power to ya! And I still say you’re very pretty, I want to put you in a bottle, and keep you. Hmm, I bet I sound like a pyscho now!

• mothtoaflame posted on August 10, 2001 at 9:39 pm

• Anonymous posted on August 11, 2001 at 9:41 am

“people now see overweight as normal…”

“people now see overweight as normal”

Like who? Overweight is the antithesis of normal.
    It’s not accepted to be overweight and not since the 30s and 40s has it been okay for women to be voluptuous and curvy.

From my personal experience I’d have to say when I weighed 110 pounds I felt a lot more comfortable in my skin than I do now at 130. Sure I got the “do you ever eat?” comments but I think I’d rather get those any day than to look down and see fat rolls hanging over my jeans when I sit down.

• beverly posted on August 11, 2001 at 6:12 pm

Re: “people now see overweight as normal…”

Well, when you look in magazines (in the past 3 or so years), everyone now wants to promote plus-sized models and what they call “real” girls. And I think this instigates women to become really against thin girls and make snide remarks towards them.

• Anonymous posted on August 11, 2001 at 9:41 am

“people now see overweight as normal…”

“people now see overweight as normal”

Like who? Overweight is the antithesis of normal.

• beverly posted on August 11, 2001 at 6:12 pm

Re: “people now see overweight as normal…”